• View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:40 AM

View PostD, on 14 March 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 14 March 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

View PostD, on 14 March 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 14 March 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

Change your mind about the ceasefire?

Nope. Somehow I unapproved my own post... did I do that? how did I even do that...? Things are hard

That's your subconscious telling you to go for it! No guts, no glory.

There is nothing of value to "go for" though.

Standing up to piracy is always the right thing to do!! Oh...cool. My download of Captain Marvel just finished.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2362 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

And it’s your turn...
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2363 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:53 AM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 13 March 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Ok, ok. I’ll use the damn card before then of the round.

You know, I'm more pissed about the Lodd Eru bullshit than I am about the PN. The only people who'll really have any interest in the PN I likely won't want to sell it to as they're the ones who are already looking good for a win. You didn't NEED Lodd Eru, I even offered you a very valuable action card for free for you not to take it. Over 1 resource.

See, that's why my offered deal was better. I promised to use it the moment you had another seller.

Hindsight... :p.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2364 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostBlend, on 13 March 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Honestly guys, I'm more pissed at Gnaw and Tapper than anyone else. If Morgoth wants to waste his CT on destroying my carrier, that's his prerogative. I never gave that carrier much chance of living in the first place. I was honestly just hoping I'd sneak by long enough to take a shot at Teq/Tork for a turn, but fully expected to lose it immediately even if I did get that chance. And I'm obviously not angry at Nom, who's doing what he feels is necessary for his game, though I'll still argue that if he had just gone towards Tapper instead, he'd have more systems right now.

Tapper's just fucking with me for the sake of it. There was no reason for him to use the Plague card on me, nor any real reason to use the one that destroyed my PDS. It doesn't help him in any way, Nom was going to be going that way regardless, and that was pretty clear basically from the start. So all he is doing is making it easier for Nom, which doesn't really help Tapper in any way.

With Gnaw it's a little more personal cause it could have been a great alliance that would have given him and I an actual chance to win this game. But I guess that's not worth compromising 1 resource for.

In the end, I realize this is just a game guys, and I'm bitching about it, but I'll get over it! :p

Well, I am glad you're not angry with me. Not that I thought so, mind you, you're welcome to some in-game yelling. I am obviously not going to let a planned attack on my systems pass by in silence. I am not wasting a CT. I am making it clear that my territories are sacrosanct, and that any attempts to interfere with the Plan will be dealt with. Blasphemy is the most heinous of crimes, and since being burned at the stake would probably just tickle you, this will have to do.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2365 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

@ Blend: imho, Plague was more of a dick move than destroying your PDS.

As Gnaw and D'rek point out, I have much to gain by Nom rolling your way and him in M/Z (which is his sphere of influence, let's be honest) kickstarts that and lengthens the distance between your building points and my systems.

I don't think that Nom would have had an easier time if he expanded towards me - simply because he'd still have to fortify a border versus you in addition to fighting a war with me. Nom's logical path for expansion was, most likely, through Silvano to Lodor to Mallice.

You did an awesome job of cutting that path off with such threatening force that he was never going to be able to move over Vefut, empty hex to Lodor to go the other way without exposing himself to you.

But that's all theorycraft. You've had multiple opportunities to hash out a deal with him that could have settled borders and might make him look elsewhere, but you didn't.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#2366 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

@ IH: D’rek does play Ceasefire. Are you doing anything else or is that the end of your turn?

#2367 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

Map has been updated.

#2368 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

Morgoth's turn.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2369 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

That's all I'll do I guess.

#2370 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 March 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'll look forward to see how your E. Holding works. If Blend hits 3 shots are you buggered or do two of them miss?

#2371 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'll look forward to see how your E. Holding works. If Blend hits 3 shots are you buggered or do two of them miss?

Guess I won't find out.

#2372 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Still no action for the NES. If Blend had hit 3 shots, then Morgoth would still have a damaged Dread the next round.

#2373 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Back round to me as Blend and Nom have passed and no secondaries played? Just checking :p

#2374 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Back round to me as Blend and Nom have passed and no secondaries played? Just checking :p

Yes.

#2375 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostGalactic Council, on 14 March 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

@ IH: D’rek does play Ceasefire. Are you doing anything else or is that the end of your turn?

I believe that ends my turn right? Or do PDS fire?

D'rek gets TG from eres siphons as well I believe.

#2376 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

well, that worked fairly well.

#2377 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostTapper, on 14 March 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

@ Blend: imho, Plague was more of a dick move than destroying your PDS.

As Gnaw and D'rek point out, I have much to gain by Nom rolling your way and him in M/Z (which is his sphere of influence, let's be honest) kickstarts that and lengthens the distance between your building points and my systems.

I don't think that Nom would have had an easier time if he expanded towards me - simply because he'd still have to fortify a border versus you in addition to fighting a war with me. Nom's logical path for expansion was, most likely, through Silvano to Lodor to Mallice.

You did an awesome job of cutting that path off with such threatening force that he was never going to be able to move over Vefut, empty hex to Lodor to go the other way without exposing himself to you.

But that's all theorycraft. You've had multiple opportunities to hash out a deal with him that could have settled borders and might make him look elsewhere, but you didn't.

I mean, I disagree, you used Plague when it was uncertain whether Nom would go your way or mine. Makes sense, encouraged him to go my way.

Destroying my PDS didnt help you in any way whatsoever. Nom was already clearly going for MZ, so you used an action card to not benefit yourself in any way, just to help Nom, and for no reason at all but to screw me. You literally didnt get anything from it that you wouldnt have gotten if you hadnt used it, so it was just to rub salt in the wound of my not being able to hold M/Z any more. I count that as much more of a dick move than trying to encourage someone to stay away from your systems when there was still uncertainty.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2378 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

I could never really go Tapper's way as it'd mean leaving my hw vulnerable to your warsun

This post has been edited by Itwęs Nom: 14 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#2379 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 14 March 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

I could never really go Tapper's way as it'd mean leaving my hw vulnerable to your warsun

I told you from the start that I would leave your homeworld alone if you went Tapper's way. I needed M/Z to be able to do anything early game, I did NOT need Nestphar, and had you went Tapper's way instead of building a bigger and bigger fleet I would have concentrated on moving away from Nestphar. Instead, I had to keep you blockaded as long as I could so that I could reap as much benefit from M/Z as I could before you could manage a big enough fleet to take it back. *shrugs*
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2380 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

Blend unexpected action for my trade PN?

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users