• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#2381 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Blend unexpected action for my trade PN?

Think I'm going to hold on to it for now. I'm not sure what next round is going to look like for me right now, I'd rather not give away something that I might need to keep Nom outta my homeworld.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2382 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 March 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 14 March 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

@ IH: D'rek does play Ceasefire. Are you doing anything else or is that the end of your turn?

I believe that ends my turn right? Or do PDS fire?

D'rek gets TG from eres siphons as well I believe.

Yeah, your PDS II get to fire.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2383 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

A lot of ships there Gnaw
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2384 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:23 PM

Poor blend

#2385 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

Really Gnaw? Fuck you.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2386 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Blend is being threateny. Just wanting to point out, visually as well as verbally, just how friendly I have been to him by allowing him to not have to worry at all about his other flank.

From Mansa I intend to move them to Everra. But intentions can change if Blend’s attitude doesn’t.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 14 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2387 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 March 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

Blend is being threateny. Just wanting to point out, visually as well as verbally, just how friendly I have been to him by allowing him to not have to worry at all about his other flank.

Go fuck yourself. Worst ally ever.

#2388 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:29 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 March 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

You really want to start this shit with me, fine. Don't forget that you've enjoyed not having to worry about your flank too. I may not be in a position to retaliate immediately, but you'd best believe it's fucking coming you asshole.

#2389 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

I think you may not be helping yourself blend. :p

However as your probable new neighbor I come offering warm promises of mentak friendship and taxation.

#2390 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 March 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

However as your probable new neighbor I come offering warm promises of mentak friendship and taxation.

It's not like I have a fucking game anymore, so who cares? I'll be kingmaking from here on out.

#2391 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

View PostGnaw, on 14 March 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 14 March 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 14 March 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

@ IH: D'rek does play Ceasefire. Are you doing anything else or is that the end of your turn?

I believe that ends my turn right? Or do PDS fire?

D'rek gets TG from eres siphons as well I believe.

Yeah, your PDS II get to fire.

Yes, added. You missed.

#2392 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 March 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

It's not like I have a fucking game anymore, so who cares? I'll be kingmaking from here on out.

You are far from out of it, Blend. It's harder for sure, but IH came back from worse in the first game and ended up winning. There's still nothing on the board that competes with your war sun.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2393 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

You do have a game. It was your mostly your choice that led you to this situation. Look at it from Nom's point of view, he's had little to no opportunity to score VP's or play a game because you decided to go in his direction early and be the antagonist. You threatened to take his home world from him and end his game.

From my point of view I'm in a similar situation to Nom as my neighbour decided to be the aggressor to me all game. Hindering my chances of winning massively, at a cost to their own chances I think.

Gnaw just said he is going to move back to Everra and from my perspective he generally keeps his word. Your aggression towards him (verbally) may just provoke him to become an aggressor towards you. Has he broken any deal that you've made this game? I don't think so. Iirc you wanted to change a deal that has already been struck.

As regards to your ships, why did you only move the War Sun? You had a larger enough fleet that you could have moved it all together if you wanted.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#2394 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

You are far from out of it, Blend. It's harder for sure, but IH came back from worse in the first game and ended up winning. There's still nothing on the board that competes with your war sun.

I am about to go back down to having all of like 4-6 resources and maybe 3-4 influence depending on how far Nom goes in the upcoming round and whether or not Tapper takes Silvano. Which means I can't pull out my second War Sun, and the one that is out will need to stay where it is to act as a deterrent to Nom... Plus I won't be able to afford any CTs, so all I will be able to do is like, research a tech and build a dread and a couple fighters/infantry each round. So I'm basically gonna be sitting here doing fuck all besides trying to protect my home planet from my erstwhile "ally" while the rest of you keep raking in the VPs...

#2395 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

You do have a game. It was your mostly your choice that led you to this situation. Look at it from Nom's point of view, he's had little to no opportunity to score VP's or play a game because you decided to go in his direction early and be the antagonist. You threatened to take his home world from him and end his game.

From my point of view I'm in a similar situation to Nom as my neighbour decided to be the aggressor to me all game. Hindering my chances of winning massively, at a cost to their own chances I think.

Gnaw just said he is going to move back to Everra and from my perspective he generally keeps his word. Your aggression towards him (verbally) may just provoke him to become an aggressor towards you. Has he broken any deal that you've made this game? I don't think so. Iirc you wanted to change a deal that has already been struck.

As regards to your ships, why did you only move the War Sun? You had a larger enough fleet that you could have moved it all together if you wanted.

When Gnaw uses my PN, my fleet pool will go down to 2. There are 2 dreads in M/Z, a War Sun and a Cruiser in the Supernova. Can't have any more ships than that anywhere or I'll end up having to destroy them.

By the time I can dig myself out of this hole, everyone's going to be 2-4 points ahead of me. I can make up a bit of that lead, but I doubt I can make it all up, so yeah, I'm at a point now where I'll likely just be kingmaking to the end of the game.

Allies want to be dicks, fine, I can be a dick too and ruin their game in retaliation. Tit for tat as far as I'm concerned.

#2396 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I certainly did NOT threaten to take Nestphar. Drek kept talking about how I should, or I could. But I told Nom from the start that if he went Tapper's way I'd leave Nestphar alone.

#2397 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

Hey Morgoth - if I give you Unexpected Action, think you could take Gnaw's homeworld?

#2398 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostBlend, on 14 March 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Hey Morgoth - if I give you Unexpected Action, think you could take Gnaw's homeworld?

Guess you don't have any infantry within reach... Oh well.

#2399 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

How quickly the mighty muaat/neckro alliance falters, harsh accusations are thrown between once friends. The hacan merchants are threatened.

As the rogue elements of the mentak fleet breach the ceasefire with the jol nar, and the sol and jol nar fleets wreak death and destruction.

The aarborec wake from there long hibernation, and the barony march on mecatol rex.

I fear war has come to the galaxy.

#2400 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

I'm excited :p

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic