• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#2221 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostD, on 12 March 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

If you're trading with Gnaw, yes, or he might not accept it at all, but if it's you and me there shouldn't be any issue. We are not Tapper's enemies, per his definition.

Tapper has shown aggression towards me this game, so I'm not certain that really applies to me.

Harmless little hairballs, I'm sure, take no offense.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2222 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

View PostD, on 12 March 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 12 March 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

IH, are you taking back Tar'Mann this round?

If he is, I guess I'd better go look up the exact wording of our mutual PDS defense treaty, since he wants to be so letter-of-the-law about it... :p

I'm hoping not or if he is he will allow me to negotiate keeping control of the planet so I can score the PO.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2223 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

FUCK! I’ve got to survive 7 shots? Dammit Morgy couldn’t you find room to bring the kitchen sink with you??
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2224 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:33 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

FUCK! I've got to survive 7 shots? Dammit Morgy couldn't you find room to bring the kitchen sink with you??

Well, I have to hold it afterwards. But my fighters only hit on a 9, and if I had a direct hit card I wouldnt use it on you anyway.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2225 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

I can't say I noticed that little incursion of Blend's. The price of being distracted I guess. What do you imagine you're going to do with that carrier, Blend, and why shouldn't I swat you out out of the sky?

The carrier was moved there to clear the path for Gnaw to come through and take Lodd Eru and Mansa III, and help keep a bit of a screen between yourself and Gnaw. My plans, at this point, are to move it through the asteroid field back towards my currently unprotected planets (though I ain't gonna lie, if you hadn't reinforced Torkan/Tequ'ran, I probably would have taken a shot at taking them).
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2226 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

I can't say I noticed that little incursion of Blend's. The price of being distracted I guess. What do you imagine you're going to do with that carrier, Blend, and why shouldn't I swat you out out of the sky?

The carrier was moved there to clear the path for Gnaw to come through and take Lodd Eru and Mansa III, and help keep a bit of a screen between yourself and Gnaw. My plans, at this point, are to move it through the asteroid field back towards my currently unprotected planets (though I ain't gonna lie, if you hadn't reinforced Torkan/Tequ'ran, I probably would have taken a shot at taking them).

Heh - just noticed you moved all those ships outta there...

Well, I'd rather not lose that Carrier and stuff - can we come to an agreement?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2227 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

I can easily take it out with a Dread and a fighter, the advantage of all my red tech. So that would have to be a pretty iron clad offer from you at this point.

#2228 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

And you’d better kill a fighter before sustaining damage on a dread. I want a tech out of this.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2229 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Morgoth, can you leave one GF on Torkan? Currently all those GFs are sitting aboard your carrier. Would you not have to commit them to land in an action? To be honest I don't really know.

#2230 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

Morgoth, can you leave one GF on Torkan? Currently all those GFs are sitting aboard your carrier. Would you not have to commit them to land in an action? To be honest I don't really know.

As long as there is a ship in the system that has capacity, infantry can be moved freely between planets in that system if I'm not mistaken.

#2231 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

As long as there is a ship in the system that has capacity, infantry can be moved freely between planets in that system if I'm not mistaken.

I think he can’t leave one behind. You have to activate the system to land troops.

#2232 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

And you'd better kill a fighter before sustaining damage on a dread. I want a tech out of this.

That would be fair.

#2233 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I can easily take it out with a Dread and a fighter, the advantage of all my red tech. So that would have to be a pretty iron clad offer from you at this point.

A dread and a fighter vs my carrier and 2 fighters only gives you a 56% chance of winning. I wouldn't say that's "easy"

#2234 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

A dread and a fighter vs my carrier and 2 fighters only gives you a 56% chance of winning. I wouldn't say that's "easy"

And yes, I've taken into account that it's a Dread2 with Duranium Armor and Non-Euclidean shielding...

#2235 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

F5, F5, F5, F5

#2236 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

Reading some things, I thing that you cannot leave it on Torkan, as you cannot 'drop off' units in an unactivated system during a movement. You could leave the 1 GF there, but then he would be floating in space and die...

#2237 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

And yes, I've taken into account that it's a Dread2 with Duranium Armor and Non-Euclidean shielding...

I think you might have gotten something wrong in your battle calculations there.

#2238 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 12 March 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Reading some things, I thing that you cannot leave it on Torkan, as you cannot 'drop off' units in an unactivated system during a movement. You could leave the 1 GF there, but then he would be floating in space and die...

Then I guess I'm bringing everything.

#2239 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

I think you might have gotten something wrong in your battle calculations there.

I’m showing Morgy at 93%

#2240 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

F5, F5, F5, F5

Anticipation is killing me...

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users