• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Gnaw, anything I can do to convinve you to leave Lodd Eru in my hands til next round so I can use it again for a tech pre req?

I need it for the PO.

Can't you take Mansa III and Silvano instead? They're both nice and empty and well within your reach.

I have the Experimental Battlestation Action Card I'd be willing to give you in exchange as soon as I can afford Tapper's fees.

Though I guess you couldn't take Silvano now that you've used that carrier to take Herrah VI. I have an Unexpected Action card, I can give that to you if you'll use it to take Silvano and leave me Lodd Eru.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2182 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 12 March 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Question how do two quantum data hubs interact? Who gets priority?

Goes by initiative order based on Speaker and the initial table initiative order.

So unless Tapper is the speaker, he will always get to use it after Macaw if he wants to. When Tapper's speaker, then Macaw get to use it after Tapper.

I would argue that since it’s used at the end of the strategy phase, it would go by the initiative order of the strategy cards chosen that phase.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2183 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Goes by initiative order based on Speaker and the initial table initiative order.

So unless Tapper is the speaker, he will always get to use it after Macaw if he wants to. When Tapper's speaker, then Macaw get to use it after Tapper.

I would argue that since it’s used at the end of the strategy phase, it would go by the initiative order of the strategy cards chosen that phase.

I'll leave it to Khell to decide, but I'd disagree. The initiative order in the strategy phase is always table initiative order and given the ability is used "at the end of the strategy phase" we're still technically in that initiative order. The initiative order determined by the cards chosen during the strategy phase only comes into play when we reach the action phase.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2184 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

Gnaw, I hope that this growing friendship of yours with Blend doesn't adversely affect our game long, and quite profitable, alliance.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2185 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

Gnaw, I hope that this growing friendship of yours with Blend doesn't adversely affect our game long, and quite profitable, alliance.

Growing friendship? The Nekro and the Muaat have been working together for several rounds. I can't speak for the Nekro, but I don't intend to turn my back on them unless they give me a good reason to.

#2186 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'll leave it to Khell to decide, but I'd disagree. The initiative order in the strategy phase is always table initiative order and given the ability is used "at the end of the strategy phase" we're still technically in that initiative order. The initiative order determined by the cards chosen during the strategy phase only comes into play when we reach the action phase.

I agree.

#2187 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:00 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

I can't say I noticed that little incursion of Blend's. The price of being distracted I guess. What do you imagine you're going to do with that carrier, Blend, and why shouldn't I swat you out out of the sky?

You should. As a matter of fact you should do that instead of taking Rex this round. 😁

I should be fine doing both I think.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#2188 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

"Initiative Order" always refers to the strategy cards' numbering. In the Strategy Phase, there is no initiative order (or, at least, not at the start of it). The strategy cards are picked in "Speaker Order".

End-of-strategy-phase effects could be resolved in "Speaker Order" or in "Initiative Order", I'm not sure what the right decision is here, but don't muddle the terminology with "strategy phase initiative order different from initiative order" :p

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2189 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 12 March 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

I can't say I noticed that little incursion of Blend's. The price of being distracted I guess. What do you imagine you're going to do with that carrier, Blend, and why shouldn't I swat you out out of the sky?

You should. As a matter of fact you should do that instead of taking Rex this round. 😁

I should be fine doing both I think.

Was afraid you’d say that. QDH + Rex makes for an interesting combo.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2190 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

There was a question I came across where Quantum Datahub Node and Imperial Arbiter (which is the same ability with an action card, minus having to give trade goods) were both played in the same strategy phase. The answer given was that it was resolved in Speaker Order.

#2191 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostD, on 12 March 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

"Initiative Order" always refers to the strategy cards' numbering. In the Strategy Phase, there is no initiative order (or, at least, not at the start of it). The strategy cards are picked in "Speaker Order".

End-of-strategy-phase effects could be resolved in "Speaker Order" or in "Initiative Order", I'm not sure what the right decision is here, but don't muddle the terminology with "strategy phase initiative order different from initiative order" :p

I've literally never seen, heard, nor used the term "Speaker Order," so it's not that I'm trying to confuse something, just that we're not all nerds that use all the proper terminology for things! :p My point was clear, though, I think!

#2192 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Growing friendship? The Nekro and the Muaat have been working together for several rounds. I can't speak for the Nekro, but I don't intend to turn my back on them unless they give me a good reason to.

I’m perfectly happy being friends with the both of you. It’d be helpful if one of you would grab Light/Wave Deflector.

#2193 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

The interesting question with QDN is can you use it more than once in the same phase (as long as you have the trade goods)? It is not an 'exhaust this card' kind of ability.

#2194 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 12 March 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

The interesting question with QDN is can you use it more than once in the same phase (as long as you have the trade goods)? It is not an 'exhaust this card' kind of ability.

There’s only one “end of the strategy phase” per person. It just doesn’t feel right to be able to use it more than once.

#2195 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

No. Abilities (or more specifically, instances of an ability) can't be used multiple times in the same timing window unless they're tied to a component that you have multiple of.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#2196 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of back and forth about it online and I haven't found a response from the creators about it yet...

#2197 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Gnaw, anything I can do to convinve you to leave Lodd Eru in my hands til next round so I can use it again for a tech pre req?

I need it for the PO.

Can't you take Mansa III and Silvano instead? They're both nice and empty and well within your reach.

I have the Experimental Battlestation Action Card I'd be willing to give you in exchange as soon as I can afford Tapper's fees.

Though I guess you couldn't take Silvano now that you've used that carrier to take Herrah VI. I have an Unexpected Action card, I can give that to you if you'll use it to take Silvano and leave me Lodd Eru.

Gnaw?

#2198 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostGnaw, on 12 March 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

I’m perfectly happy being friends with the both of you. It’d be helpful if one of you would grab Light/Wave Deflector.

That's too far up the blue tech tree for me unfortunately, I'll be working my way up the red tree for the foreseeable future given you won't leave me Lodd Eru.

#2199 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

D’rek, you know it’s your turn?

#2200 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 12 March 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

I need it for the PO.

Gnaw?

Sorry, I need the resources.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users