Malazan Empire: Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 197 Pages +
  • « First
  • 99
  • 100
  • 101
  • 102
  • 103
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#2001 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 4,707
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

The amount of chaos d'rek has caused with that single PDS is truly impressive.
0

#2002 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 10,974
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

This is like that Dr who episode where all the different aliens are flying around. Whoever comes to Rex gets softened by the graviton PDS fire, gets their best planet exhausted from my reparations card, and probably only holds it for a blink before the others who were waiting come in right behind. And in Gnaw's case, you won't even get a tech out of it.

As the Doc says, the smart thing is to let someone else go first.

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#2003 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 10,974
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostD, on 06 March 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

And in Gnaw's case, you won't even get a tech out of it.


Although, Gnaw, we could make a deal that I use warfare secondary to move a ship to MR in order to make it even more worth your while...

 worrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#2004 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,421
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

View PostD, on 06 March 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostD, on 06 March 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

And in Gnaw's case, you won't even get a tech out of it.


Although, Gnaw, we could make a deal that I use warfare secondary to move a ship to MR in order to make it even more worth your while...

If you use warfare to move that carrier to Rex and Gnaw and Morgoth hasn't attacked I'll go for Rex so you get you 4 TGs.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#2005 User is offline   Gnaw 

  • Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,759
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

View PostD, on 06 March 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

This is like that Dr who episode where all the different aliens are flying around. Whoever comes to Rex gets softened by the graviton PDS fire, gets their best planet exhausted from my reparations card, and probably only holds it for a blink before the others who were waiting come in right behind. And in Gnaw's case, you won't even get a tech out of it.

As the Doc says, the smart thing is to let someone else go first.


Damn. That's one of my favorite monologues too.

I'm not smart.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl
Initiative order: Twelve --> Blend --> Tattersail --> D'rek --> Macaw --> Tapper --> Nom --> Morgoth --> IH
Turn Order: Gnaw --> Blend --> D'rek --> Nom --> IH --> Tatts --> Tapper --> Twelve --> Morgoth
0

#2006 User is offline   Gnaw 

  • Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,759
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

Nom you’re up
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl
Initiative order: Twelve --> Blend --> Tattersail --> D'rek --> Macaw --> Tapper --> Nom --> Morgoth --> IH
Turn Order: Gnaw --> Blend --> D'rek --> Nom --> IH --> Tatts --> Tapper --> Twelve --> Morgoth
0

#2007 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,057
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours
All things fall, from kings to rose petals
0

#2008 User is offline   twelve 

  • Elder God
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,421
  • Joined: 27-March 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

I asked what you wanted for a refresh as I don't have any commodities or TGs? I could do what Gnaw is doing and pay you the 1 commodity after I get the refresh or if you want something else let me know
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.
0

#2009 User is offline   Blend 

  • Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 2,790
  • Joined: 28-March 03
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours


You never really answered me about a free refresh - I DID give you one in the first round...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK
0

#2010 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 4,707
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

I'm surprised Tapper isn't using the free refresh nom has offered him to be banker to refresh tatts considering he gets a free refresh anyway.
0

#2011 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

  • God
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 4,707
  • Joined: 08-February 04

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

Also nom vephut and nestphar only give you 4 influence.... How are you getting 2 CTS?
0

#2012 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

  • formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,909
  • Joined: 16-July 10
  • Location:Wirral
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:55 PM

@Nom, Tapper is the one who agreed to negotiate his own free refresh. It's him you are striking a deal with, I don't benefit from it at all, except to get my trade PN back. If you dont then I'll not be refreshing you in future whatever you offer.

It was my idea that gave the law to one of your planets without asking anything of you. I hope that goes in my favour
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.
0

#2013 User is offline   Morgoth 

  • executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Location:the void

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Nom, I can give you a commodity through Tapper
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil
0

#2014 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,057
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:53 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours


You never really answered me about a free refresh - I DID give you one in the first round...


And then?
All things fall, from kings to rose petals
0

#2015 User is offline   Blend 

  • Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 2,790
  • Joined: 28-March 03
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours


You never really answered me about a free refresh - I DID give you one in the first round...


And then?


...you never gave me one back as a thank you? :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK
0

#2016 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,057
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:55 PM

View Posttwelve, on 06 March 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

I asked what you wanted for a refresh as I don't have any commodities or TGs? I could do what Gnaw is doing and pay you the 1 commodity after I get the refresh or if you want something else let me know


Aight

Just all three wait till I've changed my current commodities into tgs

This post has been edited by Itwęs Nom: 07 March 2019 - 12:06 AM

All things fall, from kings to rose petals
0

#2017 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,057
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours


You never really answered me about a free refresh - I DID give you one in the first round...


And then?


...you never gave me one back as a thank you? :)


I also never cornered you in your homeworld with a fleet just a single ship short of likely capable of taking the hw waiting for the opportunity as a thank you
All things fall, from kings to rose petals
1

#2018 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,057
  • Joined: 02-August 15
  • Location:Weird Side
  • Interests:Kill the King

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:00 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 March 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

@Nom, Tapper is the one who agreed to negotiate his own free refresh. It's him you are striking a deal with, I don't benefit from it at all, except to get my trade PN back. If you dont then I'll not be refreshing you in future whatever you offer.

It was my idea that gave the law to one of your planets without asking anything of you. I hope that goes in my favour


You already owe me one refresh remember, or you wanna cancel that deal? Not benefitting from something immediately doesn't mean you're not benefitting from it at all
All things fall, from kings to rose petals
0

#2019 User is offline   Blend 

  • Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 2,790
  • Joined: 28-March 03
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:11 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 06 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostItwęs Nom, on 06 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry for the wait but it seems I have to play trade so regarding the free refreshes

@D'rek, alright and I expect another one too when you have trade
@Tatts, I'm the one supposed to be benefitting from this so you'll have to pay
@Gnaw guess that's alright

That's free refreshes for Tapp, IH, D'rek

Paid for Gnaw

Missed anything?

Who else wanna pay for one?

Expecting to play my turn in 2 or so hours


You never really answered me about a free refresh - I DID give you one in the first round...


And then?


...you never gave me one back as a thank you? :)


I also never cornered you in your homeworld with a fleet just a single ship short of likely capable of taking the hw waiting for the opportunity as a thank you


Youre not cornered. Youre the one that is not going towards Tapper. That isnt my fault!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK
1

#2020 User is offline   Gnaw 

  • Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 5,759
  • Joined: 16-June 12

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

Taking lessons from D’rek now Blend?
*popcorn*
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl
Initiative order: Twelve --> Blend --> Tattersail --> D'rek --> Macaw --> Tapper --> Nom --> Morgoth --> IH
Turn Order: Gnaw --> Blend --> D'rek --> Nom --> IH --> Tatts --> Tapper --> Twelve --> Morgoth
0

Share this topic:


  • 197 Pages +
  • « First
  • 99
  • 100
  • 101
  • 102
  • 103
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users