• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#161 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Tapper will you trade my 3 commodites for an equal amount of your commodities/trade goods? Not sure what you have left. And have you put into thought about my offer?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#162 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

Blend any response on trade? I'm offering a free refresh.

#163 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Tapper will you trade my 3 commodites for an equal amount of your commodities/trade goods? Not sure what you have left. And have you put into thought about my offer?

Agreed to the trade.

Yes. I am open to working something out for the objective.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#164 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

Agreed to the trade.

Yes. I am open to working something out for the objective.

Great.

Not sure how we are going to do this as this looks like it will take multiple rounds to do the dance. I'll do some thinking on this and let you know what I come up with that would be reasonable for the both of us.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#165 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

Blend, I also asked you about trade.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#166 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

As did we. We will probably possess Trade in the future as well.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 30 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#167 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

View PostTapper, on 30 January 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

D'rek, if you don't trade your excess commodities with IH, I will be happy to swap them 2:2 with you.

If your offer is still open, I shall happily accept.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#168 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 January 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 30 January 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

Yeah, in the first game I got all the technology from attacking a couple of twelve's (multi planet) systems. That's what you get from being a peaceful tech race expanding towards the Nekro Posted Image

I did realize after or near the end of the game the Nekro and the Jol'Nar have some synergy with the one Jol'Nar racial tech that gets them trade goods for being attacked and the Nekro desire to gain tech through combat. I'm not sure it will work in this game with the distance between the two races and the fact the Pirates are smack inbetween so the Jol'Nar lose out on some resources though I guess they could work a deal out where IH only steals less than he is able but that would be up to those three races to work out if they so desired.

Pirates or no pirates, distance or no distance, the above hypothetical exchange between Jol-Nar and Nekro will NOT be happening in this game.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#169 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

I didn't see where you asked me about a free refresh?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#170 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

I didn't see where you asked me about a free refresh?

It was rather indirect:

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?

As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.

Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.

Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)

We’re neighbors and get along well

#171 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 30 January 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

@Blend - does being last in strategy pick bother you at all? I am thinking of opening up with politics strategy so that I can see what action cards I have before making my first move.If you want speaker would you leave the strategy I want for me and give me a free refresh?

As has been pointed out, I think my first few rounds are going to be very important, so I would rather not go last. If you make me speaker I will give you a free refresh and will not choose whichever strategy card you want me not to choose.

Okay that's a good deal. Can you include D'rek and Twelve in a free refresh please as they are my trading partners.

Hmmm.... I'll give one of them the refresh so you have someone to trade with. Which do you want?

Anyone else who wants the refresh let me know why I should give it to you! :)

We're neighbors and get along well

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#172 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

The deals I've been offered for free refreshes are as follows:

Tatts & Drek - Tatts gave me the speaker token in exchange for free refreshes for himself and Drek, and that I wouldn't choose whatever strategy he doesn't want me to choose.

IH, Morgoth, Twelve, and Gnaw - will give me a free refresh down the line when they get the Trade Strategy.

Nom promised not to conquer my HW in early game (though really? You think my War Sun is worried about you?).

So far, I'll definitely give free refreshes to Tatts & Drek, pretty sure I'll give them to IH, Morgoth and Twelve in exchange for a future free refresh.

I'm loathe to give the free refresh to Gnaw and/or Nom. I'll likely give it to one of you so that I can neighbour you to trade - can either of you give me something a little more advantageous?

I'll hold off on using Trade until at least next round anyway, I think. I'm reviewing everything I need/want to do and hopefully get an action posted soon!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#173 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

View PostBlend, on 30 January 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

Nom promised not to conquer my HW in early game (though really? You think my War Sun is worried about you?).

He did?! That's hilarious

#174 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

I'm loathe to give the free refresh to Gnaw and/or Nom. I'll likely give it to one of you so that I can neighbour you to trade - can either of you give me something a little more advantageous?

We are disappointed that the Embers choose to be less than friendly this early in the Succession struggle. We have already counted the cost of a CT for the trade secondary in our calculations.

Our calculations also include an algorithm that determines when slights become hostility.

#175 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and give Nom the refresh, I think, as my natural first expansion borders his first expansion.

Nom - I'll have 2 commodities to trade once we get to the refreshes - can I count on you to trade with me?

#176 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

We are disappointed that the Embers choose to be less than friendly this early in the Succession struggle. We have already counted the cost of a CT for the trade secondary in our calculations.

Our calculations also include an algorithm that determines when slights become hostility.

Honestly, until you try to get further than Lodd Eru towards my homeworld, I think I'll live with your calculations! :)

#177 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

Not interested in going that direction. As long as you’re not interested in Lodd Eru.

#178 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

View PostGnaw, on 30 January 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Not interested in going that direction. As long as you’re not interested in Lodd Eru.

I would like it at some point for the red pre-requisite, but I can probably find some other way to get that if I need to unless we can come to some kind of deal for a round 2 or 3 swap?

#179 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

The deals I've been offered for free refreshes are as follows:

Tatts & Drek - Tatts gave me the speaker token in exchange for free refreshes for himself and Drek, and that I wouldn't choose whatever strategy he doesn't want me to choose.

IH, Morgoth, Twelve, and Gnaw - will give me a free refresh down the line when they get the Trade Strategy.

So far, I'll definitely give free refreshes to Tatts & Drek, pretty sure I'll give them to IH, Morgoth and Twelve in exchange for a future free refresh.

I'll hold off on using Trade until at least next round anyway, I think. I'm reviewing everything I need/want to do and hopefully get an action posted soon!

Thanks blend.

#180 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Macgnaw is up, also where are these map files being stored for updates? what are people using to edit them.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users