• You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#1161 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:04 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 15 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

So I think that ensuring at least 20 votes are on the hazardous planet agenda for one planet would be a good idea. The idea of bereg in d'reks hands with 5 resources is frankly scary given her current position.

Noms lone Hazardous planet is an obvious target, or I propose turning my planet mehar xull from a 1/3 to a 3/3 would mean my max resource value wouldn't increase (though I do gain flexibility). Obviously I'd rather have it on starpoint turning it into a 1/5.

I could be persuaded to offer my votes for either agenda for a price. I'm more in the for camp on action cards, and my default vote for core mining would be on noms hazardous planet (assuming he's happy to lose the infantry).

Wow, I didn't even realize it had to be a hazardous planet.

I see no reason why we should give the Mentak, who'll spend most of the game swimming in TGs, easy access to additional resources. I'd be okay with giving it to Nom's Vefut II. Or we could give it to my Mansa III. Or Twelve's Sakulag.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1162 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

So I think that ensuring at least 20 votes are on the hazardous planet agenda for one planet would be a good idea. The idea of bereg in d'reks hands with 5 resources is frankly scary given her current position.

Noms lone Hazardous planet is an obvious target, or I propose turning my planet mehar xull from a 1/3 to a 3/3 would mean my max resource value wouldn't increase (though I do gain flexibility). Obviously I'd rather have it on starpoint turning it into a 1/5.

I could be persuaded to offer my votes for either agenda for a price. I'm more in the for camp on action cards, and my default vote for core mining would be on noms hazardous planet (assuming he's happy to lose the infantry).

I see no reason why we should give the Mentak, who'll spend most of the game swimming in TGs, easy access to additional resources. I'd be okay with giving it to Nom's Vefut II. Or we could give it to my Mansa III. Or Twelve's Sakulag.

If you want AGAINST to pass, what will you give me to drop my prediction on FOR?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1163 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostGnaw, on 16 February 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

If you want AGAINST to pass, what will you give me to drop my prediction on FOR?

I honestly don't really care enough about the outcome of either of these agendas to give anyone anything to get a specific result. I just figured it'd be nice of us to help Tatts out a bit, and would likely help keep Drek in check as a bonus.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1164 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

Anyone really object to Noms planet receiving the boost as his systems are so poor?

My proposal although not checked influence levels would be for people to vote for that agenda to make sure it's passed. If I put my rider on that one then people can discuss where they want my votes on the other one.

Morgoth would you vote Noms planet?

Blend?

IH?

Twelve?

Tapper?

Nom will I think

If people are 50/50 then I offer my votes in future agendas. Free trade for all that help the agenda to pass.

I don't know what Nom may offer too.

Thoughts?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1165 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:12 PM

I 'd like to vote for on the first agenda. Limiting action cards will prove for an interesting counter to the last game, where action cards flew in all directions.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1166 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 16 February 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

I 'd like to vote for on the first agenda. Limiting action cards will prove for an interesting counter to the last game, where action cards flew in all directions.

Yeah I'm sure you would Mr I can dominate all battles if the action cards are taken out of the equation.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1167 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

I'd like more input on what I've said before placing my rider. Sorry to hold up the game but obviously I want the best chance I can get

#1168 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

I'm in if that's sufficient
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1169 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 February 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

I'd like more input on what I've said before placing my rider. Sorry to hold up the game but obviously I want the best chance I can get

I'll likely vote for Nom's planet - but I don't really want to make any commitments until I see where all the riders and Macaw's Galactic Threat fall.

#1170 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Honestly, if Tapper hadn't placed his Rider on FOR, I probably would have helped you out now that I've thought about this more. The 3 card max is less of a problem for races like me and you as opposed to others. But Tapper has already shown aggression towards me, so I'm not terribly interested in giving him 3 free CTs.

#1171 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'll likely vote for Nom's planet

I'm flattered
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1172 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

View PostItwæs Nom, on 16 February 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'll likely vote for Nom's planet

I'm flattered

I mean, it's only cause it'll likely be my planet eventually! :D

#1173 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Status update Nom?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1174 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

Tapper as you've rider on first agenda what are you thinking regarding second?

#1175 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

I mean how many votes will Tapper, Twelve, IH, Nom, Blend have?

Are any of you concerned about the first agenda?

#1176 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 February 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

I mean how many votes will Tapper, Twelve, IH, Nom, Blend have?

Are any of you concerned about the first agenda?

I am. :D

#1177 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:17 AM

Nom it's your turn. Tatts nom and gnaw have to play before you. Let them decide what they are doing before you do.

I'm unlikely to vote in the direction of gnaws rider, but for a price I will, right now you can have all my votes in a direction of your choice for your political PN, ceasefire or trade PN. That offer is open to anyone, first come first served.

I'll decide where my votes are going once all riders are played otherwise.

#1178 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:53 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 February 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

Nom it's your turn. Tatts nom and gnaw have to play before you. Let them decide what they are doing before you do.

I'm unlikely to vote in the direction of gnaws rider, but for a price I will, right now you can have all my votes in a direction of your choice for your political PN, ceasefire or trade PN. That offer is open to anyone, first come first served.

I'll decide where my votes are going once all riders are played otherwise.

We thank the slippery fingered ones for their ‘offer’. We shall avail ourselves of your offer another round if needed.

#1179 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:39 AM

Morgoth and IH status still to go.

#1180 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:45 AM

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Honestly, if Tapper hadn't placed his Rider on FOR, I probably would have helped you out now that I've thought about this more. The 3 card max is less of a problem for races like me and you as opposed to others. But Tapper has already shown aggression towards me, so I'm not terribly interested in giving him 3 free CTs.

I play one AC and I show aggression?

I'd say the only truly aggressive player has been D'rek, the second position or thereabouts belongs to you as you have fought battles and taken planets.

As for my AC: you said yourself you want to push Nom into me. I'd say that is an aggressive intent and you must be able to see I am less than keen on that.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 17 February 2019 - 03:46 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users