#1181 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:28 AM

View PostTapper, on 17 February 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 February 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

I 'd like to vote for on the first agenda. Limiting action cards will prove for an interesting counter to the last game, where action cards flew in all directions.

Honestly, if Tapper hadn't placed his Rider on FOR, I probably would have helped you out now that I've thought about this more. The 3 card max is less of a problem for races like me and you as opposed to others. But Tapper has already shown aggression towards me, so I'm not terribly interested in giving him 3 free CTs.

I play one AC and I show aggression?

I'd say the only truly aggressive player has been D'rek, the second position or thereabouts belongs to you as you have fought battles and taken planets.

As for my AC: you said yourself you want to push Nom into me. I'd say that is an aggressive intent and you must be able to see I am less than keen on that.

I mean, Plague is arguably one of the most devastating Action Cards out there. It's not just *one* action card, it's one of the best ones.

You were trying to convince me to trade my PN to you, but aside from your initial offer, you've given me no good reason to actually do so.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1182 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

Attached File  7DF03D2B-F283-44CA-B5C5-DE69D2993EAF.jpeg (62.13K)
Number of downloads: 0
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1183 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostBlend, on 17 February 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 17 February 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

View PostBlend, on 16 February 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 16 February 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

I 'd like to vote for on the first agenda. Limiting action cards will prove for an interesting counter to the last game, where action cards flew in all directions.

Honestly, if Tapper hadn't placed his Rider on FOR, I probably would have helped you out now that I've thought about this more. The 3 card max is less of a problem for races like me and you as opposed to others. But Tapper has already shown aggression towards me, so I'm not terribly interested in giving him 3 free CTs.

I play one AC and I show aggression?

I'd say the only truly aggressive player has been D'rek, the second position or thereabouts belongs to you as you have fought battles and taken planets.

As for my AC: you said yourself you want to push Nom into me. I'd say that is an aggressive intent and you must be able to see I am less than keen on that.

I mean, Plague is arguably one of the most devastating Action Cards out there. It's not just *one* action card, it's one of the best ones.

You were trying to convince me to trade my PN to you, but aside from your initial offer, you've given me no good reason to actually do so.

You yourself said you wanted to hang on to it for a few rounds, right? So i will wait patiently until you indicate you are ready to sell: why raise my bid prematurely?

As for opposing you; if I wanted to confront you, I'd have moved that cruiser to Silvano, not to Herrah. Sure, you could kick the shit out of it no matter where I place it, but you'd still enter conflict with a third player.

Now, you can get another system for free. Call it a sign that I recognize your need for a bit more expansion before you settle down.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1184 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:43 AM

Hello
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1185 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

Tapper if you vote for Noms planet then I'll move out of Mallice and leave no infantry behind.

Your being silent, which I always take as ominous.

#1186 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 17 February 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Tapper if you vote for Noms planet then I'll move out of Mallice and leave no infantry behind.

I am quiet because nothing has changed imho.

But okay, let me respond to your offer.

1. As a general observation: I don't understand your tendency (in all 3 games so far) to give away assets and advantages, with little to no discernible pay-off in the future for the gesture.

2. I already said that I am fine with you in Mallice. That hasn't changed.

3. The only reason I can see for you to move out of Mallice is if you feel you need its infantry to retake your homeworld. In that case, don't offer it in return for nothing, but sell it.

4. On the other hand, why not keep Mallice, wait until Leadership is popped, then use Mallice to gain a CT and use that CT for 2 infantry through Orbital Drop? There's your garrison, paid for by Mallice, with a decent shot at keeping the planet, too. That would, short term, be what I'd be looking at, in your shoes.

5. You picked a fighty race. You play the goddamned kings of infantry. You can hold everything you take and you can take almost everything that is not defended by a massive fleet. Your research path is 2x Blue, 2x green and it gives you Infantry II, Carrier II, Fighter II (incidentally also a VP-condition, should it show), plus Gravity Drive and Daxive and with Sarween, you have Dread II. That's a D-Day like invasion capability, for very little Production to boot.

You don't need to evacuate. You don't need to ask for stuff. All you need to make sure of is that you spawn infantry on everything that is yours until you can no longer see the planet they're standing on on the map - and that's the point in time where you look at a different planet that is not yet yours.

#1187 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

Also, I am not sure what law/outcome you play the Rider on?

#1188 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostTapper, on 17 February 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Also, I am not sure what law/outcome you play the Rider on?

Core Mining Vefut II

The way I see it D'rek could just drop 20 votes on Bereg/Lirta so I hope this passes.

#1189 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

View PostTapper, on 17 February 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 17 February 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

I am quiet because nothing has changed imho.

But okay, let me respond to your offer.

1. As a general observation: I don't understand your tendency (in all 3 games so far) to give away assets and advantages, with little to no discernible pay-off in the future for the gesture.

2. I already said that I am fine with you in Mallice. That hasn't changed.

3. The only reason I can see for you to move out of Mallice is if you feel you need its infantry to retake your homeworld. In that case, don't offer it in return for nothing, but sell it.

4. On the other hand, why not keep Mallice, wait until Leadership is popped, then use Mallice to gain a CT and use that CT for 2 infantry through Orbital Drop? There's your garrison, paid for by Mallice, with a decent shot at keeping the planet, too. That would, short term, be what I'd be looking at, in your shoes.

5. You picked a fighty race. You play the goddamned kings of infantry. You can hold everything you take and you can take almost everything that is not defended by a massive fleet. Your research path is 2x Blue, 2x green and it gives you Infantry II, Carrier II, Fighter II (incidentally also a VP-condition, should it show), plus Gravity Drive and Daxive and with Sarween, you have Dread II. That's a D-Day like invasion capability, for very little Production to boot.

You don't need to evacuate. You don't need to ask for stuff. All you need to make sure of is that you spawn infantry on everything that is yours until you can no longer see the planet they're standing on on the map - and that's the point in time where you look at a different planet that is not yet yours.

I was hoping to play this race non aggressively. If D'rek didn't take my homeworld I'd have been on 3 VP and I'm a good situation.

IH is about to be on 4 VP

#1190 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Shouldn't have picked sol then, especially next to the jol nar. If you turtle and tech up you will lose.

I think tapper is telling you to man up :D

You aren't in a terrible position, but if you keep giving away stuff you are going to lose badly.

Also I'm on 3VP learn to count :p

#1191 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

@IH:

Why do you get 3CTs? I think you get 2, no?

#1192 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 17 February 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

@IH:

I have hypermetabolism from playing the jol nar PN, which gives me an extra.

#1193 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 February 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostGalactic Council, on 17 February 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

@IH:

I have hypermetabolism from playing the jol nar PN, which gives me an extra.

Where did you play that?

#1194 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

I announced it when d'rek did her research action to research it, though now I look it's not in any of my game posts due to copy paste. Hmm will find the post.

#1195 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 07 February 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm using d'reks racial PN to get hypermetabolism.

Here's the post

#1196 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 February 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Here's the post

Hmm, yes, but you didn’t. It’s not in your game posts and it’s not updated in your tech list in any of your posts. Gnaw and Blend ‘meant to’ trade PNs several times but kept forgetting to put it in their posts and were lucky to have a final opportunity.

I am quite 50/50 on whether to allow this.

#1197 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:23 PM

Looks like I announced it when it was played, forgot to add it to the subsequent post, then copy pasted the error.

Happy to accept whatever ruling you make khell even if it does mess up my plans (early hypermetabolism is why I made the deal with d'rek).

I still struggle with PNs played in n other people's turns on when and how to announce them.

#1198 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 17 February 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 February 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Here's the post

Hmm, yes, but you didn’t. It’s not in your game posts and it’s not updated in your tech list in any of your posts. Gnaw and Blend ‘meant to’ trade PNs several times but kept forgetting to put it in their posts and were lucky to have a final opportunity.

I am quite 50/50 on whether to allow this.

Playing other people's PNs was always a bit of a weird thing for me when I was modding. Usually when someone had someone else's racial PN, I tried to have them provide me with a provisional on when they want it to be played. It's tough for someone to play it in the Game Thread right after the person whose PN it is has posted, as sometimes many posts happen before the person who has the PN even logs on.

My opinion would be to allow IH to use it in this instance, as he DID say he wanted to use it here in the Chatty Thread. But I would also lay down a ruling on how racial PNs that depend on another player's actions should be played going forward - perhaps that a provisional should always immediately be given to you via our Chat PMs or it won't count?

Anyway, you're the mod, it's up to you! :D
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1199 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

Yes, provisionals are good. That way if something seems amiss, I can at least remind you.

PNs which rely on another player doing something first, like D’rek’s racial, should be posted in your next game post if you intend to play them. The exception is Ceasefire, which I can add to a post if you have told me that you want to play it.

I’ll allow it, because I’m a softie, but let’s call this a final warning for everyone. IH, please update your posts to include the tech.

#1200 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

Thanks noted. Will update when I'm on a computer.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users