• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#1141 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

So everyone has passed yes? What are the agendas?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1142 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 15 February 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Shall we just assume that’s meant to be a PASS from Tapper?

Yeo, sorry. Doing full posts on the phone sucks.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 15 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1143 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

I’ll post them in five minutes.

#1144 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 15 February 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

As there may be riders played, please post in initiative order:

Blend --> Twelve --> Tapper --> D'rek --> Nom --> Macaw --> Tatts --> Morgoth --> IH

Upcoming Agendas:

EXECUTIVE SANCTIONS (LAW)
FOR: All players have a maximum of 3 action cards in hand.
AGAINST: Each player dicards a random action card.

CORE MINING (LAW) - Elect a Hazardous Planet
Destoy 1 infantry on that planet. Its resource value is increased by 2.

Interesting. Executive Sanctions could go either way.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1145 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:28 PM

Blend - 8 votes
Tapper - 8 votes
IH - 9 votes
Drek - 20 votes
Morgoth - 10 votes
Tatts - 10 votes
Twelve - 9 votes
Nom - 4 votes
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1146 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

So Tatts - if you want your Construction Rider to pass, you'll need to find another 13 votes to ensure Drek can't outvote us and hope that others don't pile on with Drek.

I'd rather Sanctions go AGAINST than FOR. As for the second one, obviously I'd prefer to have those extra resources on one of my currently owned planets - Dal Bootha perhaps?

What are everyone's thoughts?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1147 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

So what are people's thoughts regarding the agendas?

What's my best bet for a rider to go through?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1148 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 15 February 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

So what are people's thoughts regarding the agendas?

What's my best bet for a rider to go through?

I think your rider's most likely to pass on the Sanctions agenda - if you play on AGAINST and Gnaw plays on FOR, then I'm sure that will encourage the rest of the thread towards AGAINST for example.

#1149 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

@Blend:

I've changed your trade goods to zero in your status, as you spent it on completing the PO.

#1150 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm definitely against limiting action cards as I've invested heavily in them. Having to discard half of them would suck!
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1151 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 15 February 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

@Blend:

I've changed your trade goods to zero in your status, as you spent it on completing the PO.

Oops, thanks GC! :)

#1152 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

View Posttwelve, on 15 February 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I'm definitely against limiting action cards as I've invested heavily in them. Having to discard half of them would suck!

So Twelve and I throwing all our votes on AGAINST would give us 17 votes - we'd need at least 4 more to ensure Drek can't outvote us to further fuck Tatts and continue solidifying her current empire. Anyone else interested in going AGAINST on Sanctions?

#1153 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

I'd post Tapper's status for him, but it's 50/50 on whether he'd want to score the Lead from the Front objective as he has exactly 3 tokens, so we may have to wait. Sorry, should have asked him!

#1154 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

I'll vote someone that will vote against on sanctions. Pretty please.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1155 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

View PostBlend, on 15 February 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

So Twelve and I throwing all our votes on AGAINST would give us 17 votes - we'd need at least 4 more to ensure Drek can't outvote us to further fuck Tatts and continue solidifying her current empire. Anyone else interested in going AGAINST on Sanctions?

I didn't say I would put all or even any votes towards this agenda,just that my stance is for it to not limit action cards.

#1156 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

So I think that ensuring at least 20 votes are on the hazardous planet agenda for one planet would be a good idea. The idea of bereg in d'reks hands with 5 resources is frankly scary given her current position.

Noms lone Hazardous planet is an obvious target, or I propose turning my planet mehar xull from a 1/3 to a 3/3 would mean my max resource value wouldn't increase (though I do gain flexibility). Obviously I'd rather have it on starpoint turning it into a 1/5.

I could be persuaded to offer my votes for either agenda for a price. I'm more in the for camp on action cards, and my default vote for core mining would be on noms hazardous planet (assuming he's happy to lose the infantry).

#1157 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

Also re against I imagine d'rek would also be against as she has a good hand of action cards, and gains 2 a turn so I can't imagine she will be voting for it.

Also I will not be voting in the direction of neckro predictions without compensation from gnaw, if he wants either cruiser 2 or hypermetabolism.

#1158 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

Tatts, might I suggest we team up on a pick? Between us we can manage enough bribes I suspect.

Alternatively, what’ll someone give me to poison pill a selection?

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 15 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

#1159 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:41 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 15 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

So I think that ensuring at least 20 votes are on the hazardous planet agenda for one planet would be a good idea. The idea of bereg in d'reks hands with 5 resources is frankly scary given her current position.

Noms lone Hazardous planet is an obvious target, or I propose turning my planet mehar xull from a 1/3 to a 3/3 would mean my max resource value wouldn't increase (though I do gain flexibility). Obviously I'd rather have it on starpoint turning it into a 1/5.

I could be persuaded to offer my votes for either agenda for a price. I'm more in the for camp on action cards, and my default vote for core mining would be on noms hazardous planet (assuming he's happy to lose the infantry).

I'd figure you would be all for D'rek getting Berg boosted. Then you could just take it from her.

#1160 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

View Posttwelve, on 15 February 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 15 February 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

I didn't say I would put all or even any votes towards this agenda,just that my stance is for it to not limit action cards.

Well, to be honest, I didn't say you WOULD vote AGAINST, just saying that if you did, our votes combined would be 17.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users