• 6 Pages +
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 8 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

I’d like Terez to snag the thread glory but I haven’t seen her around in quite some time. So Terez if you see this make another thread and I ll make sure a mod merges with you as starter any discussion this thread gathers. It’s tradition after all! We must have a Terez GoT thread.

Anyway thanks to my BFF Malankoozie we know that S8 begins 4/14/19. Who will survive in this alt uni clusterfuck in the end?
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

The teaser looks like it was filmed for the ad, and isn't an actual scene from the show, right?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:22 AM

View Postworry, on 14 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

The teaser looks like it was filmed for the ad, and isn't an actual scene from the show, right?

Thats what i thought.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 15 January 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

View Postworry, on 14 January 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Thats what i thought.

Quite - there'd be no reason for there to be statues of Sansa, Arya and Jon in Winterfell's crypts whilst they're still alive, so I'm guessing it is purely shot for the ad.

Predictions of who makes it out alive? I'm guessing not Dany, probably not Tyrion, unsure about Jon. I feel like Jaime might bite the dust although I'd rather he didn't, and I'm actively hoping that Cersei does!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#5 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

I hope they all die just like the writing quality did in Season 7.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

I'm hoping that despite the poor writing, some of the detail that George has passed on about how he was going to end it has survived to the show, and we'll still get a few decent surprises - like the Hodor/Bran link.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

Yah, 6 episodes for sure, that are rumored to all be over an hour and even perhaps 'feature length'.

#8 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

The spectacle will be amazing but the story may end up being hollow (Time Travel will do that to a story)

Interesting that Catelyn mentions that all this happened because she couldn't love Jon. Why is that important to mention?
Then there is the crow's feather (I think that is what it is in), implying Bran is involved. Maybe it is his vision or maybe he projected the future into Winterfell.

If Bran can change the past (as demonstrated by the Hodor story line) then unfortunately Bran might turn out to be the one that delivers the Deus Ex Machina.
He can change the past so that Lyanna and Rhaegar marry and Rhaegar becoming the king.

This whole story turned out this way because of a big mistake by Ned Stark (not supporting Lyanna). (probably manipulated into this by Tywin)

#9 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:04 AM

View Postnacht, on 18 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

If Bran can change the past (as demonstrated by the Hodor story line) then unfortunately Bran might turn out to be the one that delivers the Deus Ex Machina.<br style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(34, 34, 34);">He can change the past so that Lyanna and Rhaegar marry and Rhaegar becoming the king.

There is a hint of this, when Bran reached out to Ned Stark after Dayne is murdered and before Jon is delivered.

This post has been edited by nacht: 18 January 2019 - 10:11 AM

#10 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:11 AM

Bran may be able to change the past, but his lesson was a very strong one - DON'T mess with the past.

Taught by the 3 eyed Crow... who may have learned his own lesson by trying to warn the King about the Walkers, and instead driving him insane.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#11 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostTraveller, on 18 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Bran may be able to change the past, but his lesson was a very strong one - DON'T mess with the past.

Taught by the 3 eyed Crow... who may have learned his own lesson by trying to warn the King about the Walkers, and instead driving him insane.

I suspect that's where that was going as well.

Catelyn saying the motherless child bit - I'm pretty sure that's something she said earlier in the series but I can't remember in what context. Something to do with her feeling the gods are punishing her (with what happens to Ned and her children) for not loving Jon maybe?

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 18 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

I believe it's the scene where she opens up to Talisa while making a prayer wheel to the Seven.

#13 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

View Postworry, on 18 January 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

I believe it's the scene where she opens up to Talisa while making a prayer wheel to the Seven.

Ha, the other half will be happy, that's what he thought as well. You're both better at this game than me Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#14 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

This whole story turned out this way because of a big mistake by Ned Stark (not supporting Lyanna). (probably manipulated into this by Tywin)

???
I don't think he had much influence one way or the other. He believed she was held against her will.

#15 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

View PostCause, on 21 January 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

???
I don't think he had much influence one way or the other. He believed she was held against her will.

Yes, and then supported Robert against Rhaegar. Why would there be such confusion between a brother and sister about who the sister loves?

#16 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

View PostTraveller, on 18 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

I missed this somehow. Are you saying the mad king (Aerys II) went mad because of the 3 eyed crow warned him?

#17 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

View Postnacht, on 21 January 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

???

Yes, and then supported Robert against Rhaegar. Why would there be such confusion between a brother and sister about who the sister loves?

Any why would he hide Jons birth from Catelyn. Big mistake Lord Eddard Stark :-)

#18 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Someone with better book knowlegde than me might correct it, but I'm sure in the first book there's a recalled conversation between Lyanna and Ned where she's illustrating she knows what Robert is, that he won't be faithful etc. but she'll do her duty. I always interpreted that as partly why Ned thought she'd been taken by Rhaegar.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#19 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

View Postnacht, on 21 January 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

???

Ned didn't just leap into a war after the 'adbuction'.

His father and brother went to the mad king to protest and were tortured and killed.

And if I recall the king then ordered Jon Arryn to turn Ned over as well ...

So its not like a mistake by Ned caused the war. Whatever prophecy and /or love kicked off Rhaegar/Lyanna started the war with a lot of help from the mad king.

Ned's mistakes are much more around who he didn't tell about Jon's true birth. Namely, Jon and Catelyn. The latter likely off a sketchy interpretation of his promise to Lyanna (things would have gone far smoother had she known). And the former seemingly because he wanted Jon to join the night's watch and be out of the politics of the kingdom before he knew who he was.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#20 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostNevyn, on 21 January 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

Ned's mistakes are much more around who he didn't tell about Jon's true birth. Namely, Jon and Catelyn. The latter likely off a sketchy interpretation of his promise to Lyanna (things would have gone far smoother had she known). And the former seemingly because he wanted Jon to join the night's watch and be out of the politics of the kingdom before he knew who he was.

I read the not telling anyone to be a choice so there was no possibility of Robert finding out and wanting the baby killed because it's a Targaryen (when Tywin presented Rhaegar's dead children to Robert he makes some cold comment about seeing "only dragonspawn" when Ned calls him on the murder of children.)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users