• Last »

Game of Thrones Season 8 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 22 January 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

View PostNevyn, on 21 January 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

Ned's mistakes are much more around who he didn't tell about Jon's true birth. Namely, Jon and Catelyn. The latter likely off a sketchy interpretation of his promise to Lyanna (things would have gone far smoother had she known). And the former seemingly because he wanted Jon to join the night's watch and be out of the politics of the kingdom before he knew who he was.

I read the not telling anyone to be a choice so there was no possibility of Robert finding out and wanting the baby killed because it's a Targaryen (when Tywin presented Rhaegar's dead children to Robert he makes some cold comment about seeing "only dragonspawn" when Ned calls him on the murder of children.)

Of course it was, but what were the odds that Catelyn would tell Robert?
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#22 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

View PostNevyn, on 22 January 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Ned's mistakes are much more around who he didn't tell about Jon's true birth. Namely, Jon and Catelyn. The latter likely off a sketchy interpretation of his promise to Lyanna (things would have gone far smoother had she known). And the former seemingly because he wanted Jon to join the night's watch and be out of the politics of the kingdom before he knew who he was.

I read the not telling anyone to be a choice so there was no possibility of Robert finding out and wanting the baby killed because it's a Targaryen (when Tywin presented Rhaegar's dead children to Robert he makes some cold comment about seeing "only dragonspawn" when Ned calls him on the murder of children.)

Oh, she wouldn't, but didn't Ned specifically decree nobody in Winterfell was to speak of it when she first asked him about Jon's mother? I guess it's a the fewer people know, the fewer people can accidentally find out and possibly have it get back to Robert.

Still a stretch though, granted. Especially when he says how many years it's been since he's seen Robert at the beginning of the first book.... I don't get the impression many people were travelling between Winterfell and KL that often.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 22 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#23 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostNevyn, on 22 January 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

But she might have told a family member, maybe Lysa? Whatever Lysa knew, Baelish would know. Also, I'm sure Ned didn't tell Catelyn to save her the burden of knowing.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#24 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Winter is here to stay. Better buy a winter coat.

link Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:25 AM

As Bran has aged it seems like they've altered the Night King's facial features to resemble him, especially the nose.

Am I imagining this? Anyone else think so?
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#26 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:02 PM

Ok, we're a month out from season 8. So, I was wondering, 'Cleganebowl'; will it happen? when will it happen? where will it happen? who will win?
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

Cleganebowl is just fan pandering. So it probably will.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:08 PM

I'd watch them all.

#30 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

I think there's a fair chance that Cleganebowl won't happen properly because it's one of the things GRRM has reserved for the books. Like how Petyr was killed fairly obviously I think before his time. Good chance that Jaime won't kill Cersei either.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#31 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

#32 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

idk why people abandoned this thread for Nico's thread over in TV but I'm going to post here because it's tradition goddammit.

I don't have much to say actually because I watched it with a bunch of friends at a con and I didn't really overscrutinize it. Just a few thoughts:

- yay another dragonrider finally

- yay they're taking the "Jon is the rightful heir" path (which was fairly obvious after Sam's findings last season but still nice to finally have it explicit)

- there were a bunch of reunions in this episode and for like every single one of them I was like, "wait when was the last time they saw each other?" and then when it became obvious I was like "wow they really haven't seen each other since then?"

- best reunion was Bran and Jaime

- Theon and Asha was also good. They haven't been separated for long but I'm glad he got her free.

- I still want this to end with Tyrion king and Sansa queen - I have wanted that for years. Their reunion wasn't the greatest but that's ok. They can make up.

- I still want Tyrion to ride a dragon so someone has to die

I am going to rewatch it some time this week and I might have more thoughts.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#33 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Would the dragons accept a rider that doesn't have valerian blood? Tyrion would get eaten I think.

#34 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:37 AM

but what if his father was Aerys

Edit: I am really fond of the idea that Tywin was impotent and all of his children were Aerys's. They'd all still have Lannister blood from their mother, who was a Lannister before she married Tywin. And I've never found the arguments otherwise particularly convincing. Sure, Tyrion is a lot like Tywin. He spent his entire life trying to imitate Tywin's better traits in a vain effort to be accepted as his son.

This post has been edited by Terez: 17 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

There it is.

#35 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

As I said in the other thread, Jon the targy storyline has a bumpy road to go yet as Sam's credibilty as a source is undermined due to what happened to his family. Not sure Bran was right that was the right time to tell Jon...
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#36 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 07 April 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

I think there's a fair chance that Cleganebowl won't happen properly because it's one of the things GRRM has reserved for the books. Like how Petyr was killed fairly obviously I think before his time. Good chance that Jaime won't kill Cersei either.

I doubt they are reserving anything for books. They have open license, it is not their fault Martin can't finish.

Petyr was killed obviously because they have to wrap up plot threads without that much time left.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#37 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

They wouldn't reserve anything for the books, but GRRM might.

Edit: My goal is now for Dany and Jon to both die and Tyrion and Jaime to steal their dragons for the final fight.

This post has been edited by Terez: 17 April 2019 - 07:07 PM

There it is.

#38 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

Lol that'd be kinda cool.

My prediction, apropos of nothing:
Cersei gets stabbed in the back (literally), not by Jaime...but by Brienne!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#39 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

The prophecy states that either Jaime or Tyrion will kill her and they had that both in the books and the tv series, so my money stays on Jaime to kill Cersei. Maybe with Bronn's/Tywin's crossbow.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#40 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:15 PM

I'm going with the genderless version of Valonquar, given the "prince/princess that was promised" thing. It's a stretch even then, admittedly, since she's not a "little sister" to any major characters either -- but I like the poetry of it: what it means for Brienne to give up knightly honor to do something right, what it means for her understanding of Jaime as Kingslayer, and all the history between them.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users