• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Elon Musk Muskythread

#1 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:18 AM

"My favorite part of Player of Games was when Jernau called the Emperor a pedophile." — StandsForVice on Reddit

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 18 July 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

"My favorite part of Player of Games was when Jernau called the Emperor a pedophile." — StandsForVice on Reddit

Qu'est-ce que le fuck?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:28 AM

Tesla is losing executives in droves. There is an extremely good chance Musk is out as CEO within a year.

There is lots of smoke and eventually, we'll find out what was burning.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Yeah I'm genuinely worries about his mental health as it seems to be deteriorating a bit. I love Tesla, Solar City and SpaceX but Sheesh this guy has gone a bit mad...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:06 AM

This is how Bond films start.

#6 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:53 AM

So you say ...

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#7 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

I feel very out of loop when reading this.

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

As far as I can tell, at least if you want the negative slant version, the timeline goes:

Elon Musk makes 'billions' of 'dollars' the usual way -- family money, .com boom investments, rampantly exploiting and abusing labor, tons of public money, exploiting customers -- while generating the usual 'self-made' bootstraps mythos.

Markets himself as the 'good' billionaire, the one who actually cares (for him, it's the environment), coasts by on that.

Actually a founder of PayPal, one of the few companies known for treating its customers worse than the telecom giants.
Reinvents the luxury car.
Moves more into the rocket science space, spends years doing wacky billionaire stunts with little to show for it, but still talks a big exciting game.
Cut to 2018: HE STARTS DATING GRIMES.
Everyone's like WTH Grimes?!, and they both get super defensive online.

Musk becomes more and more shrill the last couple months as everyone brings up their critiques of him en masse.

Culminates in him exploiting the Thai cave crisis with a meaningless publicity stunt.

When he's called out about it (rather casually) by one of the rescuers, he calls the rescuer a pedophile, gets backlash.

It's revealed he donates to the GOP -- the current one! -- at like a 7:1 ratio to Dems. Trots out the "It's just so they'll take my calls" excuse, which nobody buys but fanboys. Even normal supporters are starting to get that sinking feeling in their tummies.

2019: amph's post comes to pass.

This post has been edited by Luv2B_Sassy: 18 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

I'm one of the normal supporters not a rabid fanboy. I like that there's a lot of investment in things like solar and the Tesla powerwall. I think it is good for the future and the technology being developed will eventually become the norm.

Also I really want a Tesla Model S.

However I read the Musk book and got the impression he's not a nice man and not easy to get on with. I shrugged that off a little bit because I thought it was part of the distracted genius thing.

But yeah not any more. I just think he's a douche.

But dang I still want a Tesla Model S.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

I got behind a Tesla at a Starbucks drive through once. I could swear the driver had put the car in park and turned it off. When it moved forward, I was all like "WTF!", and then it dawned on me "ohhhh it's a Tesla". Damn they are flipping quiet. Like zero noise quiet.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 18 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

#11 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

That post was meant to be just the negatives, btw, and my observation of that narrative as I've seen it. While there's things I agree with on their face (re: billionaires, re: PayPal), my personal opinion on Elon Musk isn't necessarily that fully formed either way.

#12 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

He's since apologised but he's kind of using Twitter like Trump uses Twitter. Thin skinned Twitter rants aren't going to woo investors but they just might get you to become president...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Musk is a bit of an oddity. He's absolutely anti-worker, actively tries to bust unions, overwork people to the bone, pay them below market, tries to extract all the money from everything he can even when it hurts people, contributes lots of money to the GOP and their abysmal for many reasons platforms, and yet he's not actually the worst Silicon Valley person out there. He's just among the most visible and the most honest about what he's doing.

Many or most of the Silicon Valley leaders are breaking the systems of the world apart in ways that are not good in the whole. They're awful people and they've got tremendous resources to enact their will on all the rest of us.

I don't view Musk as harmless or even good, but I'm also aware that there are many worse people out there. Peter Thiel being one of them.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#14 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

View Postamphibian, on 19 July 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

...Peter Thiel being one of them.

Hmn. Ok, I'll Bite.

Why?

(Honestly never heard of him till I googled his name.)
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#15 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

So it seems Twitter actually has the power to rid itself of its Nazi infestation and is using to... Stop people pretending to be Elon Musk...

https://www.esquire....elon-musk-rule/
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#16 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:03 PM

#17 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

https://www.revealne...njured-workers/

When a worker gets smashed by a car part on Tesla’s factory floor, medical staff are forbidden from calling 911 without permission.

The electric carmaker’s contract doctors rarely grant it, instead often insisting that seriously injured workers – including one who severed the top a finger – be sent to the emergency room in a Lyft.

Injured employees have been systematically sent back to the production line to work through their pain with no modifications, according to former clinic employees, Tesla factory workers and medical records. Some could barely walk.

The on-site medical clinic serving some 10,000 employees at Tesla Inc.’s California assembly plant has failed to properly care for seriously hurt workers, an investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

Reading this kind of stuff troubles me.

I assume that these kinds of companies aren't entirely run by sociopaths so when does it go this wrong? When do you start to consciously plan how to hide your workforces injuries instead of preventing them? How do. You. Justify this in your head? Is it just the desperate need for that bonus so you can buy that next yacht or what goes on?

#20 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:44 PM

View Postworry, on 05 November 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

https://www.revealne...njured-workers/

When a worker gets smashed by a car part on Tesla’s factory floor, medical staff are forbidden from calling 911 without permission.

The electric carmaker’s contract doctors rarely grant it, instead often insisting that seriously injured workers – including one who severed the top a finger – be sent to the emergency room in a Lyft.

Injured employees have been systematically sent back to the production line to work through their pain with no modifications, according to former clinic employees, Tesla factory workers and medical records. Some could barely walk.

The on-site medical clinic serving some 10,000 employees at Tesla Inc.’s California assembly plant has failed to properly care for seriously hurt workers, an investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

I do worker's comp for a living. If Cali's system is anything like ours, that's grossly illegal in multiple ways.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users