• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#1021 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:50 PM

'Pennsylvania State Supreme Court [...] overturned the conviction because] Cosby had been double-crossed by prosecutors who re-negged on a public declaration not to prosecute him.

[...]

"Everyone's mind is blown right now," former federal prosecutor [said ...] "This is extremely rare. This is unprecedented."

[...]

Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor initially declined to prosecute Cosby[...]
His public refusal to prosecute Cosby paved the way [...] to sue the former TV star in civil court, forcing Cosby to give testimony, under penalty of perjury, that was not protected by the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

Castor's successors, however, "did not feel bound by his decision" not to prosecute, and subsequently used that testimony to prosecute Cosby criminally.

[...]

"There is only one remedy that can completely restore Cosby to the status quo ante," the court's decision states. "He must be discharged, and any future prosecution on these particular charges must be barred. We do not dispute that this remedy is both severe and rare. But it is warranted here, indeed compelled." [...] former federal prosecutor[... said] it was a "creative argument and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court bought it." [...] because it was a state case and is essentially "set in stone" in Pennsylvania, it's very unlikely that federal prosecutors will get involved.'

https://www.thedaily...ling?ref=scroll
So no retrial without appealing to the US Supreme Court... which is unlikely to take the case, since they generally want to avoid overruling state Supreme Courts. Unless they charge him for a different sexual assault, guess he's free.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 June 2021 - 05:50 PM

#1022 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 June 2021 - 07:36 PM

its not unprecedented.
its well documentedly precedented. Rich guy hire lawyers with zero moral compass to get him the fuck off

#1023 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 30 June 2021 - 07:41 PM

The only difference is that it's not a rich white guy getting away with it this time. So, yay for progress...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1024 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:20 PM

On the one hand, I understand not wanting to allow prosecutors to effectively bypass the Fifth Amendment....

But on the other (and more importantly), why not allow for a retrial with Cosby's testimony from the civil trial and the testimony from previous alleged victims excluded? He only served 2 years of a 10 year sentence.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 June 2021 - 08:21 PM

#1025 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:57 PM

R. Kelly found guilty on all counts. I barely know what his situation is about because I didn't pay it any attention, but what little I caught on the news (or reading headlines), the things he was being accused of were highly disgusting and disturbing.

#1026 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 December 2021 - 08:57 PM

Anyone familiar with the actor who plays "Mr. Big" on Sex in the City? Don't know anything about him myself, never watched anything he's been in. The accusations are pretty horrible.

Also, the actor who plays the dad from the show The Goldbergs and Larry David's friend in Curb Your Enthusiasm. I don't think his situation rises to the level of #MeToo terribleness, but I guess he's a huge asshole on the set to women. Bummer, cause he seemed like a nice guy.

#1027 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 30 December 2021 - 08:46 AM

Maxwell guilty on five counts was it?
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#1028 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2021 - 02:10 PM

Bill Gates, Bill Clinton and Prince Charles must be filling their boots. Another prison suicide must be in the design stages right now.

#1029 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 18 January 2022 - 04:10 PM

We seen the Joss Whedon interview? Absolutely mental.

https://twitter.com/...069934066618373
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#1030 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 18 January 2022 - 08:04 PM

a lot of reading in there, do we have the cliff notes?

#1031 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:26 PM

Phew, there's a lot.

At one point he explains that his adult behaviour comes from trauma he accrued as a child, illustrated by a story in which he convinced a friend, when he was 5, to play by the pond, then left and the friend drowned. His takeaway there was it was bad that his parents later never taught him to swim. There's a distinct implication that this was in part responsible for him later having to fuck his leading ladies.

I used 'having to' deliberately there, because a good part of his argument is that he literally had to cheat on his wife with these hot women, coz he'd have regretted it otherwise, because when he went to school hot girls didn't want to fuck him.

There's also the bit where he responds to Ray Fisher's accusation by calling him a 'bad actor in both senses', and dismisses Gal Gadot's allegations that he threatened to end her career by claiming she just misunderstood him coz she can't talk English properly.

Because it's as much an article about him as an interview with him, there's also quotes and stories from others around him, one of which is this gem:

"She was a 22-year-old freelance writer who interviewed him for a pop-culture website; after the piece published, they began a sexual relationship. “He led me to believe he was single,” she said. One night she went out for drinks alone with a friend Whedon wanted her to meet. After the friend mentioned she had a long-term boyfriend, Sarah asked what his name was. “I’m dating Joss Whedon,” the woman replied. Sarah went into the bathroom and threw up. “What the fuck is he playing at?” she remembers thinking."

Oh also this, I managed to miss this the first time:

"In her epilogue to The New Rules of Attraction, Leigh wrote that one of her worst memories was of a boyfriend breaking up with her on her birthday. Whedon read the book, and they talked about the epilogue. In 2015, hours before her birthday, he came over to her house and told her their relationship was over. “If he was like, What could I do to Arden that would be her worst nightmare?, that would have been it,” she said. “Joss destroyed a beautiful thing just to show he had the power to. That’s literally everything you need to know about him.”"

And I mean that's just surface level. It's an excrutiating article. Mindblowingly bad for and from him.

#1032 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:32 AM

What a bastard of a man

#1033 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:28 AM

Oh Mac, did you see that Andrew Windsor got stripped of his titles due to being Ian Watkins from Lostprophets? About bloody time.

#1034 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:54 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 18 January 2022 - 04:10 PM, said:

We seen the Joss Whedon interview? Absolutely mental.

https://twitter.com/...069934066618373

That was quite the read!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1035 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:00 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 19 January 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

Oh Mac, did you see that Andrew Windsor got stripped of his titles due to being Ian Watkins from Lostprophets? About bloody time.

Oh no! An entitled test who inherited his position and power, subsequently abused said position and power and was caught being an utter utter bastard?

WHAT WILL WE DO???

Wonder how the firm will deal with this one?

#1036 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:52 PM

View PostMacros, on 19 January 2022 - 09:00 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 19 January 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

Oh no! An entitled test who inherited his position and power, subsequently abused said position and power and was caught being an utter utter bastard?

WHAT WILL WE DO???

Wonder how the firm will deal with this one?

Bald guy with a barcode. Has to be.

#1037 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 19 January 2022 - 02:22 PM

Well he's been kicked out of the firm so private citizen charged with bad stuff isn't a bad headline compared to say.....royal Prince and admiral charged with bad stuff

#1038 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2022 - 02:59 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 18 January 2022 - 11:26 PM, said:

"She was a 22-year-old freelance writer who interviewed him for a pop-culture website; after the piece published, they began a sexual relationship. “He led me to believe he was single,” she said. One night she went out for drinks alone with a friend Whedon wanted her to meet. After the friend mentioned she had a long-term boyfriend, Sarah asked what his name was. “I’m dating Joss Whedon,” the woman replied. Sarah went into the bathroom and threw up. “What the fuck is he playing at?” she remembers thinking."

Been trying to figure out who this was as this MFer definitely has a "type"....but can't figure it out.

"In her epilogue to The New Rules of Attraction, Leigh wrote that one of her worst memories was of a boyfriend breaking up with her on her birthday. Whedon read the book, and they talked about the epilogue. In 2015, hours before her birthday, he came over to her house and told her their relationship was over. “If he was like, What could I do to Arden that would be her worst nightmare?, that would have been it,” she said. “Joss destroyed a beautiful thing just to show he had the power to. That’s literally everything you need to know about him.”"

Yeah, this sounds like the type of dude this POS is.

And I mean that's just surface level. It's an excrutiating article. Mindblowingly bad for and from him.

It's really amusing to me to watch someone who rose so high fall so far and so fast. And imagine trying to get out of the shit you're in by saying even more heinous shit...

And funnily enough, this again proves my theory that the most VOCAL and outspoken male allies (feminists, MeToo ect.) are not who they claim to be and are often harbouring really shitty skeletons. This is why I'm still expecting people like Chuck Wendig to get outed. WAY too many supposed allies, Whedon king of them all in the 90's and 2000's...have turned out to be pure asshole.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 January 2022 - 03:00 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1039 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 January 2022 - 02:59 PM, said:

And funnily enough, this again proves my theory that the most VOCAL and outspoken male allies (feminists, MeToo ect.) are not who they claim to be and are often harbouring really shitty skeletons. This is why I'm still expecting people like Chuck Wendig to get outed. WAY too many supposed allies, Whedon king of them all in the 90's and 2000's...have turned out to be pure asshole.

I dunno, I think this is unfair. Like sure, being vocal is a good cover for being an arse, but it's also what you do if... well, you really do care.

But then I'm quite vocal about this stuff on twitter/in real life so *insert Michael Jordan gif*.

#1040 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2022 - 04:38 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 19 January 2022 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 January 2022 - 02:59 PM, said:

I dunno, I think this is unfair. Like sure, being vocal is a good cover for being an arse, but it's also what you do if... well, you really do care.

But then I'm quite vocal about this stuff on twitter/in real life so *insert Michael Jordan gif*.

I feel like these guys just profess that extra mile on this stuff. The average real ally won't be ALL about that ally nature and certainly won't craft a whole identity out of it. You know?

I think the middle ground is "be an ally to those causes, but don't make it your personality"?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users