• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#981 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:59 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 March 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

Cuomo to speak at 1pm ET. So in about 20 minutes. I take it it’s about this?

Seems like he released a non-apology apology where he's not actually taking accountability, but calming a sort of "I didn't intend for my playful nature to be taken like that" and "If you took it like that, I'm sorry"

Yeah, not really good enough.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#982 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:08 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 March 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

Cuomo to speak at 1pm ET. So in about 20 minutes. I take it it's about this?

Seems like he released a non-apology apology where he's not actually taking accountability, but calming a sort of "I didn't intend for my playful nature to be taken like that" and "If you took it like that, I'm sorry"

I hate those sorts of "apologies". I'm sorry you think the way you do, not I'm sorry for what I've done. EURGH.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#983 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 10 March 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 March 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

Cuomo to speak at 1pm ET. So in about 20 minutes. I take it it's about this?

I hate those sorts of "apologies". I'm sorry you think the way you do, not I'm sorry for what I've done. EURGH.

Yep. They are brutal and I'm not sure why people haven't learned that they are not good enough.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#984 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:53 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

6th accuser comes forward. I don’t think any of this stuff would be brought to the light of day had he not been getting hammered by COVID stuff past few weeks. I wonder how many more will come forward before it’s over..

He’s definitely doing his best to shake it off.

He still might survive this, but it depends on what the attorney general investigation finds and the timing of that conclusion in relation to the primary.

I'm hoping he's done and was hoping that at one credible accusation. Six is a likely sign that he's done this evil many many times.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#985 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2021 - 03:01 PM

I heard that Ghislaine Maxwell was asked for her info on Trump Re: Epstein and she held up a finger in the mans face and said "Only if I do BOTH SIDES"....which people are pretty sure indicate Bill Clinton.

And you know what? Yeah, if they are both guilty of shady evil shit, then send them both to fucking jail. I don't give a shit what your politics are, if you did fucked up shit with Epstein and Maxwell...you go to jail.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 March 2021 - 03:01 PM

#986 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 March 2021 - 07:38 AM

Fry em all

#987 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:21 AM

What's the deal with Armie Hammer? Don't know much about the sitch, but from what I understand initially it was consensual freakishness, yeah?

I guess the main take away is that if they ever want to reboot American Psycho, they have their Patrick Bateman, yeah?

#988 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:36 AM

He's a cannibal.https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/03/the-fall-of-armie-hammer-a-family-saga-of-sex-money-drugs-and-betrayal

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#989 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:51 AM

'Woman Claims Armie Hammer Violently Raped Her for Four Hours: "I Thought That He Was Going to Kill Me"

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that it has launched a sexual assault investigation into Hammer.

[...] "repeatedly slammed my head against the wall, bruising my face. He also committed other acts of violence against me, to which I did not consent."

[...] "During those four hours, I tried to get away, but he wouldn't let me. I thought that he was going to kill me. He then left with no concern for my well-being. I was completely in shock, and I couldn't believe that someone I loved did that to me."

[...] Early this year, screenshots of unverified text exchanges between Hammer and extra-marital romantic partners began to surface on social media. The messages encompassed slave fantasies, cannibalism fantasies, blood sucking, and mutilation. A sample: "If I wanted to cut off one of your toes and keep it with me in my pocket so I always had a piece of you in my possession?" Another: "I am 100% a cannibal. I want to eat you."

Allred said that Effie had provided evidence to law enforcement of the alleged rape, including photos of her injuries. [...]
Effie said she met the father-of-two on Facebook [...]

Hammer's attorney Andrew [presented] sexually explicit texts allegedly sent by Effie, which he claims "undermine" her accusations.

"From day one, Mr. Hammer has maintained that all of his interactions with [Effie]—and every other sexual partner of his for that matter—have been completely consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory," [...]

Perhaps anticipating this, [... Effie's lawyer:] "It is important to emphasize that even if a sexual partner agrees to certain sex activity, she still has a right at any point to withdraw her consent... Even if a partner consents to some sexual acts, that does not mean that there is consent to any and all sexual conduct with her. It should also not be interpreted as consent to sexual abuse or criminal violence against her."'

https://www.thedaily...ours?ref=scroll

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 19 March 2021 - 01:52 AM

#990 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

We all knew this Armie Hammer stuff was coming...the stories that have been trickling out for a few months have been eye-opening so I'm not at all surprised women are coming forward now.

The bit I want to know more about is when Armie Hammer Allegedly Worked Construction 15 Minutes From Location of Missing Womens' Remains...like....holy shit.

#991 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2021 - 04:23 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 March 2021 - 01:15 PM, said:

We all knew this Armie Hammer stuff was coming...the stories that have been trickling out for a few months have been eye-opening so I'm not at all surprised women are coming forward now.

The bit I want to know more about is when Armie Hammer Allegedly Worked Construction 15 Minutes From Location of Missing Womens' Remains...like....holy shit.

I’m pretty sure it’s not that statistically significant. We have probably all worked 15 min from someone’s murder at some point in our lives. Unless there is more to connect them?

#992 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 March 2021 - 05:09 PM

Too hard to eat the bones (aside from the marrow) I guess?... Or maybe not: 'Shrew-Eating Scientists Show Humans Can Digest Bone

Scientists set out to measure how well we digest bone by swallowing a whole shrew [...] Anthropologists have long known that humans ate whole bones and animals, however, leading readers to wonder if the shrew-eating scientists just wanted to eat a shrew to see what would happen. [...] The scientists were shocked at the results, attributing the dissolved remains to the acidic, churning environment of the stomach. They argue that this finding has implications for archaeologists, who make assumptions about what ancient peoples ate based upon the animal bones they dig up.'

https://www.smithson...-bone-66337580/

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 19 March 2021 - 05:09 PM

#993 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 March 2021 - 05:44 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 19 March 2021 - 05:09 PM, said:

Too hard to eat the bones (aside from the marrow) I guess?... Or maybe not: 'Shrew-Eating Scientists Show Humans Can Digest Bone

Scientists set out to measure how well we digest bone by swallowing a whole shrew [...] Anthropologists have long known that humans ate whole bones and animals, however, leading readers to wonder if the shrew-eating scientists just wanted to eat a shrew to see what would happen. [...] The scientists were shocked at the results, attributing the dissolved remains to the acidic, churning environment of the stomach. They argue that this finding has implications for archaeologists, who make assumptions about what ancient peoples ate based upon the animal bones they dig up.'

https://www.smithson...-bone-66337580/

I love that this is where you went with this. Awesome!

#994 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:01 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 March 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

That shrimp tails found in a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch incident is really jumping off the 24/7 news cycle.

'He Went Viral Over Claims of Shrimp in His Cereal—and Then Things Got Dark, Fast

[...] who previously worked with Karp on her documentary Pistol Shrimps and on a Bachelor podcast [...] "he's a manipulative gaslighting narcissistic ex-boyfriend who once told me he was surprised I hadn't killed myself because my life was so worthless," [...] "Getting lots of texts from girls still in therapy over his terror. At least we have this fun little club!"

[...] more women began Tweeting out similar sentiments. Actress Rory Uphold shared, "This is the most abusive person I have ever been with and I am crying as I type this."

Writer Stephanie Mickus alluded to an alleged incident with Karp where he blocked her on Twitter when she was not "gracious enough after a surprise threesome" and allegedly told her to "be careful or I would never work in this town again."

Another woman, who goes by the name of Meghan, tweeted that Karp "is selfish, controlling, manipulative, and ruined my life for close to a decade. Even after he broke up with me, he kept in close contact to try to mold me into the person he wanted me to be under the guise of 'if you just do this, we can get back together and live happily ever after' but that was never the case."

[...]

"He constantly makes you feel like he's the victim of something," she said. "That you should be apologizing to him for something you did, even though you didn't do anything wrong."

[...]

Stories also began to circulate about Karp professionally, as many began casting doubt on his cereal story. ([...] Karp insisted the incident was legit. "I have a career outside of being the stupid shrimp guy that would be on the line as you know, including being an Emmy-nominated writer," he said. "I wouldn't do this. That's very annoying and I don't want to be part of that."

[...]

"He's like the Loki in the gallery, comedy, and writing world," added the source. "He's not untalented, but he's not talented enough to be doing what he's doing because he doesn't put the work in. He's not a hard worker. He just kind of takes, takes, takes and then moves on. The real Loki trick is that he's very charming. [...]" [...]

Eliza Skinner worked with Karp on Drop the Mic, a comedy rap battle show [...] the experience was "awful," she said, detailing how Karp often screamed at her.

[...] often heard Karp yelling for Skinner to come to his office instead of walking the few feet it took to reach her.

[...] similar claims of Karp routinely erupting at people[...] describing his volume as being at the top of his lungs. "It was super distressing," they said. "It wasn't uncommon for anyone to walk in the gallery and witness Katie and Jensen in a screaming match, like a yell-out fight that ended in tears."

"He's a big crybaby and definitely a yeller," the former girlfriend [...] agreed. "Screaming, yelling, manipulating and saying mean things," [...]

Some of Karp's joke revisions or straight-up replacements involved lines that referenced people of color, Skinner claimed, adding that he often made them offensive. As one example, Karp allegedly kept revisiting the trope that all Black people look the same, using it as a punchline.

[...]

For the art gallery source, watching the events unfold around Karp has been "karmic."

"You can't shovel that much shit and serve it to so many people and not have expected it shoveled back eventually," they said. "I almost think it's too perfect that he found black specks in the [cereal] bag. If it's rat shit, it's just too specifically poignant."'

https://www.thedaily...-tweet?ref=home

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 27 March 2021 - 05:02 PM

#995 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:00 PM

If this article is accurate, Woody Allen is most likely innocent (of the child molestation charges):

'The report by the highly regarded Yale-New Haven Sexual Abuse Clinic, which concluded that Dylan was not sexually abused, is dismissed [by the new documentary] as the product of a "runaway investigation" [...] and pro-Allen favoritism. The outcome of the New York investigation is blamed on pressure from a city government anxious to protect a famous filmmaker who generated both revenue and prestige.

[...] All of this would seem quite incriminating to anyone who came to this subject without any background information. But those of us who've done our homework will know that Williams's allegations of top-down pro-Allen pressure prompted an official inquiry by the New York City Human Resources Commissioner, which presumably found no wrongdoing. You'd think the filmmakers might have mentioned this. But they didn't.

Later, [...] the New York State Department of Social Services closed its own investigation, finding "no credible evidence" of abuse. Is all this supposed to be part of the conspiracy—or[...] "cover-up again, and again, and again"?

[...] What we see of these records also seems to support the Yale-New Haven team's conclusion that Dylan's story was undermined by serious inconsistencies.

[...] Very few of us are qualified to evaluate a child's account of sexual abuse. As a layperson, I can only say I got the same sense of "rehearsed" quality or performance that was mentioned by experts in the Yale-New Haven report. Indeed, Dylan Farrow's statements in the film as an adult feel much more "real" and gut-punching.

There is also the issue of Farrow's behavior in recording this tape, in which she can be heard off-camera badgering Dylan to "tell me again what happens." Even [...], a reviewer so sympathetic to the Farrow side that she feels "a little guilty" about remembering the omitted details favoring Allen, admits that she finds this troubling—especially since, elsewhere, the film stresses how harmful it is to repeatedly question a child about sexual abuse.

[...] The film sidesteps, among other things, a particularly memorable detail of the Allen/Farrow drama: In February 1992, she sent him a grisly valentine card with a photo of herself and the children, with skewers driven through the children's chests and a knife, its handle wrapped in a photo of Soon-Yi, driven through her own. [...]

Dr. Coates believed, like members of the Yale-New Haven team—and Dylan's own therapist, Dr. Nancy Schultz[...]—that Dylan lived in her own fantasy world and was an unreliable witness. [...]

Dr. Coates testified that Farrow's volatile state made the psychologist fear for both Farrow's and Allen's safety[...] Farrow raged about Allen's continuing involvement with Soon-Yi, called him "satanic and evil," and begged Dr. Coates to "find a way to stop him"—but also brought up the possibility of marrying him. A few days later, Farrow called again, this time to report that Dylan was complaining about sexual abuse by Allen. Dr. Coates said she was "puzzled" by Farrow's calm demeanor in that latter conversation.

[...] nanny Monica Thompson, who testified that Farrow pressured her to support the child-molestation charge, coached Dylan while filming, and seemed "happy and excited" when Dylan repeated her accusations to her doctor. [...]

[...] before the claimed abuse supposedly took place, when Allen attended Dylan's seventh birthday party in Connecticut and stayed overnight. In the morning, he found a note from Farrow—who was still distraught over the recent discovery that Allen had resumed the affair with Soon-Yi and annoyed at his "hovering" over Dylan at the party, e.g., helping her blow out the birthday cake candles—pinned to the door of the guest bathroom near his room. It read:

Child Molestor (sic) at Birthday Party!
Molded then abused one sister
now focused on youngest sister
Family disgusted

This episode [...] shows that Farrow called Allen a "child molester" prior to the alleged sexual assault, projecting his sexual relationship with Soon-Yi onto his paternal relationship with Dylan. It suggests that others around them were probably predisposed to do the same: "The view of Mr. Allen as an evil and awful and terrible man [who] had molested Soon-Yi and was a potential molester of Dylan permeated the household," [...] the head of the Yale-New Haven clinic team, testified at the custody trial.

[...] the note strongly bolsters Allen's argument that it would have been suicidally reckless for him to commit the assault imputed to him at that particular time and place—in a house full of people already primed to consider him a suspect in that very crime.

[...] Allen’s other teenage girlfriend from the 1970s[...] claimed that during the 1992–93 custody battle, “someone from Mia Farrow’s camp” had tried to persuade her to testify, falsely, that Allen had sex with her when she was 15.”

[...] a large Canadian study showing that more than half of child sexual abuse reports linked to parental separation are unfounded and nearly one in five are maliciously fabricated. [...]

I believe that Dylan Farrow is in genuine pain. I also believe [...] she is genuinely convinced that Allen molested her. But while she is outraged by the suggestion that her memories may not be trustworthy, false memories do exist: virtually all the children conscripted into the day-care sexual abuse witch-hunts of the 1990s still believe, as adults, that the abuse was real. Dylan Farrow deserves sympathy. She does not deserve unconditional belief.'

https://quillette.co...onal-blackmail/

Whether he deserves to be 'cancelled' for 'grooming' Soon-Yi in her late teens and then marrying her in her early twenties seems like a very different question. But there's a tremendous difference between women in their late teens/early twenties and 7 year olds. While (as the documentary argues) Allen's films do present older man/woman in late teens romances, they don't present any support for (prepubescent) pedophilia.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 28 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

#996 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:57 PM

He definitely deserves to be cancelled for grooming Soon-Yi but also that article is (1) from Quilette so not a good source for good-faith arguments and (2) just as much an opinion as anything else out there from anyone who wasn't actually there.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#997 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 March 2021 - 07:16 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 28 March 2021 - 06:57 PM, said:

He definitely deserves to be cancelled for grooming Soon-Yi but also that article is (1) from Quilette so not a good source for good-faith arguments and (2) just as much an opinion as anything else out there from anyone who wasn't actually there.

If the easily verifiable factual statements were inaccurate, they would be libelous, so I doubt they are. They're not 'just as much an opinion as anything else'. Also, 'despite the widely publicized accusations against him, given fresh impetus amidst the #MeToo movement, no new alleged victims have come forward—despite the fact that true pedophiles almost invariably leave a long trail of abuse (or at least accusations of abuse) throughout their lives.'

Personally I'm not a fan of his films (can't remember whether I've even watched them, not particularly interested tbh), and he seems like an asshole, but I'm not going to actively avoid anything he's associated with. YMMV.

#998 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 28 March 2021 - 08:10 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 March 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

If the easily verifiable factual statements were inaccurate, they would be libelous, so I doubt they are. They're not 'just as much an opinion as anything else'.

Both sides of the argument present seemingly factual, verifiable statements, and both sides are saying things that are libellous if untrue.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#999 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 March 2021 - 08:20 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 28 March 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 28 March 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

If the easily verifiable factual statements were inaccurate, they would be libelous, so I doubt they are. They're not 'just as much an opinion as anything else'.

Both sides of the argument present seemingly factual, verifiable statements, and both sides are saying things that are libellous if untrue.

If further factual context effectively refutes the article, I'd be curious to see it. The article provides additional factual context which does effectively refute the arguments in the documentary, and makes a very convincing case that Mia Farrow fabricated the allegations and coached their daughter into believing them. It's important to remember that 'virtually all the children conscripted into the day-care sexual abuse witch-hunts of the 1990s still believe, as adults, that the abuse was real'---not just sexual abuse, but impossible allegations of mass murder and witchcraft (as in, actual magic) during the 'Satanic panic'. It's also backed up by the multiple legal investigations (and there it's important to remember that Mia Farrow was a wealthy actress with a powerful legal team of her own---Alan Dershowitz, etc.).

#1000 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 March 2021 - 04:25 AM

I generally believe the Farrow family about Allen. What Allen did with Soon-Yi alone is absolutely foul and I think Quillette is a bad source due to their general brand of right wing/libertarian "anti-cancel culture" positions.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users