• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#1001 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

View Postamphibian, on 29 March 2021 - 04:25 AM, said:

I generally believe the Farrow family about Allen. What Allen did with Soon-Yi alone is absolutely foul and I think Quillette is a bad source due to their general brand of right wing/libertarian "anti-cancel culture" positions.

'Moses Farrow, the adopted son of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, posted a 4,600-word essay [...] defending his father against sexual molestation allegations and claiming his mother was abusive.

[...]

Moses Farrow, who is a family therapist, claimed that his mother spanked and slapped him, and sought to brainwash him and his siblings to keep them under her control.'

https://www.nytimes....ylan-abuse.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 29 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

#1002 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:12 PM

My maternal grandfather sexually abused at least 3 of his 7 children. Two of the 7 still kind of don't believe he did what he did to them and my maternal grandmother didn't do shit to protect the kids who were hurt this way. He died in the late 90s and I was kept far, far away from him by my parents so I never knew him. Two of the three have cut ties with the family entirely to the point where we haven't known where they are for 20+ years. The third is a decades long Scientologist who is a deeply damaged person in so many ways.

Despite keeping me and my brothers away and knowing that her father hurt her siblings, my mother still has a painting he did hanging up on her bedroom wall. Life is super complex when it involves stuff like that. (I have made it clear to her that I detest anything of his being in the house and in the future, my brothers and I will junk it immediately when it's time for us to deal with her stuff.)

It can be simultaneously true that Allen was fine with Moses and Ronan and inappropriate with Soon-Yi and Dylan and that Mia hit the kids.

I don't know for sure what happened long ago, but he's a millionaire finding lots of work so I don't give a crap what happens to him. I support Dylan and Ronan and Mia in what they say happens and I support other people who have been abused.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1003 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:54 AM

Prepare for a flood of opportunistically grief-wracked wealth cultists in the coming days.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#1004 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:50 PM

Because of Phil the Greek?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1005 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:54 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 09 April 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

Because of Phil the Greek?

I've seen a lot of it on my timeline already. It's very much like when Michael Jackson passed and casual fans suddenly became lifelong diehards when they'd not said sight nor sound about him for years on end.

It's extremely telling that an elected member of parliament is murdered and a halt is requested to election / referendum campaigning - and doesn't happen - and an unelected member of a privileged family who exist to remind the peasantry that they lowly by birth and to remain that way passes, and the political powers that be say no we must stop what we're doing.

And of course the public funeral will come at the taxpayer's expense.

#1006 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 April 2021 - 10:57 AM

I think you're misreading the situation Maark. If it had been a Tory who was murdered back then it would have been a much bigger deal.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1007 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 12 April 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

I think you're misreading the situation Maark. If it had been a Tory who was murdered back then it would have been a much bigger deal.

Aha you sly dog you almost had me monologuing!

#1008 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:55 AM

This one stings. Noel Clarke (Mickey from DOCTOR WHO) has been accused by 20 women of misconduct. Man, it sucks when actors you like turn out to be scumbags. Sigh.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1009 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:22 PM

T.I. and... Bill Gates.

'Two women recently filed police reports in California and Nevada claiming they were drugged and sexually assaulted by the famous couple' [T.I. and Tiny that is]

https://www.thedaily...ugging?ref=home

'On at least a few occasions, Mr. Gates pursued women who worked for him at Microsoft and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation[...]

In 2019, Microsoft’s board of directors, on which Mr. Gates sat, opened an investigation into one of those cases after being notified that he had “sought to initiate an intimate relationship with a company employee in the year 2000,” [...] The board hired a law firm to investigate. The following year, Mr. Gates stepped down from Microsoft’s board.'

https://www.nytimes....ce-epstein.html

#1010 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:22 PM

Was tempted to make a joke about this proving the Bill Gates conspiracy theories are true, but... Tucker Carlson went there in earnest.

'Tucker Carlson once again delighted QAnon supporters by hinting that recent revelations about Microsoft CEO Bill Gates’ relationship with Jeffrey Epstein are somehow proof that QAnon conspiracy theories about a group of elites running a child sex-trafficking ring are true.

And QAnon believers say the host’s outrageous comments are helping radicalize his viewers.

[...]

Gates has denied many of the allegations made in recent reports, including the claim that he spoke to Epstein about his marriage problems. There has also been no suggestion that Gates was involved with the underage girls Epstein trafficked to his island in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

[...]

“Tucker doing it like only Tucker can,” the administrator of the StormyPatriotJoe channel on Telegram, which has 77,000 followers, wrote under a video of the clip.

That post has been shared widely in QAnon channels on Telegram, and it has been viewed almost 100,000 times. Many QAnon followers expressed their delight at seeing their beliefs validated by the host of the highest-rated program in U.S. cable news history.

[...]

“I think people, especially my family [who are] strong conservatives but can’t quite grasp the Q movement, need people like Tucker to realize the bigger picture. He’s relatable. And reliable,'

https://www.vice.com...n-to-push-qanon

#1011 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:33 PM

I mean were I Tucker, I'd be way more worried about going down with Gaetz since his buddy Greenberg just rolled on Fed charges and got them reduced from 33 counts to 6...so he's singing like a canary and to get Federal charges lowered that much? He's rolling on more than Gaetz....and Gaetz implicated Tucker on the news the other week.

I feel like Tucker is a single news story way from jail himself for squicky dark shit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1012 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:50 PM

It's all deflection though isn't it? They're willing to put everyone they hate with Epstein, ignoring Trump's storied connection with him. Tucker keeps shouting about others being linked to gross stuff in order to deflect from himself...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1013 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 May 2021 - 07:52 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 18 May 2021 - 07:50 PM, said:

It's all deflection though isn't it? They're willing to put everyone they hate with Epstein, ignoring Trump's storied connection with him. Tucker keeps shouting about others being linked to gross stuff in order to deflect from himself...

Yep, 100%. They are your ally until they implicate you, then they are the enemy or a secret-democrat.

Disgusting people.

#1014 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

On Bill Gates: setting aside the Epstein stuff till there's any hint that that's true, while obviously looking to get with any employee of yours is skeevy as is cheating on your wife, 'pursuing a relationship' is a very wide term and doesn't necessarily mean he's an abuser.

Also doesn't mean he isn't, of course: it'd be insanely easy for someone with as much power as him to abuse it.

And yeah, the Noel Clarke accusations stung. And they're awful. His response of 'I apologise deeply for all these crimes I didn't do but am checking myself into therapy for anyway' doesn't scream innocence either.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#1015 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:35 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 19 May 2021 - 06:21 AM, said:

And yeah, the Noel Clarke accusations stung. And they're awful. His response of 'I apologise deeply for all these crimes I didn't do but am checking myself into therapy for anyway' doesn't scream innocence either.

This. "I'm checking myself into therapy" seems a popular get out of jail card for actually owning your actions and taking the consequences. There are too many accusations on the table now for him to realistically claim innocence. I hate that sort of non-apology. "I'm sorry if anyone felt hurt" puts the onus on the people hurt, not the person doing the hurting.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#1016 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 May 2021 - 12:49 PM

On Bill Gates: setting aside the Epstein stuff till there's any hint that that's true, while obviously looking to get with any employee of yours is skeevy as is cheating on your wife, 'pursuing a relationship' is a very wide term and doesn't necessarily mean he's an abuser.

Also doesn't mean he isn't, of course: it'd be insanely easy for someone with as much power as him to abuse it.

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 19 May 2021 - 07:35 AM, said:

This. "I'm checking myself into therapy" seems a popular get out of jail card for actually owning your actions and taking the consequences. There are too many accusations on the table now for him to realistically claim innocence. I hate that sort of non-apology. "I'm sorry if anyone felt hurt" puts the onus on the people hurt, not the person doing the hurting.

People can absolutely grow and change and deserve that chance, but yeah the lack of apology means he's not really ready to accept what he did yet and that sucks for the women involved. So any notion of going to rehab is not winning him points until he does that.

------------------------

I will say that out of all these people, Aziz Ansari has 100% handled it the best from a contrition POV. Accepted that the woman in question had a different view than his view even if he saw it in a different and more consensual way, stayed largely quiet after his apology and explanation and let the voices that needed to speak do so, came eventually back in a standup show where he FULLY acknowledged the incident and his learning and growth about it as well as the pain/upset it caused, and lastly he shifted the focus of MASTER OF NONE for season 3 from himself to two female characters and the struggles and joys of their marriage.

I honestly can't think of anyone else mentioned in this thread who has done the level of work to improve himself and do the right thing. And I was hard on him in this thread too, so coming around and seeing this change in him is really great.

#1017 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:56 AM

I personally think the Aziz Ansari thing was way overblown, but am nonetheless happy that he used it to grow as a person and comedian.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1018 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:16 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 May 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

I personally think the Aziz Ansari thing was way overblown, but am nonetheless happy that he used it to grow as a person and comedian.

In hindsight, I 100% agree it was overblown, and I feel badly for getting on the opposing side against him about it.

#1019 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 June 2021 - 05:01 PM, said:

Cosby is being released today with charges dropped. News conference later today.

The conviction was overturned:

'The trial judge [...] allowed five other accusers to testify at the retrial about their experiences with Cosby in the 1980s.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court said that testimony tainted the trial, even though a lower appeals court had found it appropriate to show a signature pattern of drugging and molesting women.

[...]

Prosecutors did not immediately say if they would appeal or seek to try Cosby for a third time.'

https://www.hollywoo...tion-overturned

US Supreme Court or retrial possible.

If he stays out, wonder if he'll start trying to do comedy again. Trump could use some performers... and the content of his character seems appropriate.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 30 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

#1020 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:43 PM

I’m disgusted that he’s getting out not due to innocence, but because of BS procedural loophole nonsense at the lawyer/court level.

Like our system in Canada is bad, but holy fuck the USA is on another level of “you can escape penalty if you’re rich enough and your shady lawyers pull enough bullshit”

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users