• Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

Awh shucks...

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostAndorion, on 12 November 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Oh come on how is Tom Cruise and John Travolta not on the list? Have you seen their eyes?

View PostMacros, on 12 November 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Tom Cruise for sure.

Impossible
Tom hanks

Upsetting
Ryan Reynolds

View PostAlternative Goose, on 13 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

For some reason I don't really see either Tom Cruise or John Travolta being potential offenders.

Intensely creepy, fake fascial expression hiding a dead soul - sure, but I imagine that whole Scientology thing governs every aspect of their life. Unless they are asked to breed with other members I don't really see it.

I think it gets less shocking the older the person is. There's just this notion that as the generations have changed, more awareness governs peoples behavior.

I guess, we'll never see that long anticipated Benny Hill Show resurrection we've all been longing for now ;)

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 November 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

I think Travolta is a forgone conclusion to be honest.

I think his little weird late night/early morning (3AM) selfie/intro himself to a male stranger at the gym stint a few years back showcases he was not above using his celebrity to perhaps insert his presence where it might not be wanted. The guy said he didn't feel "uncomfortable"...but he "knew what was happening when it happened" (which speaks volumes for the "vibe") the idea that Travolta would think that since he was at the gym at 3AM and so was this other dude...that going to up start an impromptu convo/possibly hitting on him seems weird to me on a creepy level for the situation and the time of day.

So yeah, I think Travolta could be on the list of offenders...but it won't happen while Scientology has its stars tamped down as hard as they do (information-wise)....David Miscavige would go apoplectic if one of his big stars turned out to go down post-Weinstein...so anything they do know about him....isn't coming out any time soon without someone breaking ranks.

Well... my ignorance lasted for about 2 days:

John Travolta: Sexual battery case involving 21-year-old male masseur resurfaces

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

if Jerry Seinfeld gets added to the ever growing list i'm going to be...
...ok actually i'm not sure about that.... shocked or wholly unsurprised, tough call...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

I was thinking about this today. For some reason the ones that popped into my head that would upset me greatly are members of the cast of Scrubs.

Like, for reals I can see Ken Jenkins showing up on a list. I really hope not but...

In non-celebrity ones I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Farage ends up being accused of something...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

I actually thought of the scrubs cast as being a no chance/upsetting as well when thinking about this earlier. ( When I say upsetting I mean, all of this is bad, but you get what I mean)

I can see a few of Seinfeld's cast being called out for something at least inappropriate.

Vince Vaughn

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

Anyone say Tom Sizemore? He's been outed today and it's really gross (11 year old girl gross). Not surprised at all. I had the displeasure one time of catching him on one of those celebrity rehab shows when I was flipping through channels. Dude was so messed up. I think he is most notable for Saving Private Ryan (or Natural Born Killers?).

#28 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostMacros, on 14 November 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

I actually thought of the scrubs cast as being a no chance/upsetting as well when thinking about this earlier. ( When I say upsetting I mean, all of this is bad, but you get what I mean)

I can see a few of Seinfeld's cast being called out for something at least inappropriate.

This is a weird one, but Jason Alexander (on Twitter) was talking about this subject himself, and is obviously aghast at the monsters, and someone brought up an episode of Celebrity Poker where this happened:
Posted Image

I watched the video after, and that's exactly what happens, exactly what he did. Is that career-ending like some of these things? I suppose not. But it goes to show you don't have to be a 'monster' to do casually monstrous things to women. And it's likely thoughtless on his part, though it's clearly abusive, and at least some women watching noticed, cuz it seared into their memories (the episode is from 2005). A lot of things that are abusive don't even register as abuse, to men or women, because sexism is so pervasive.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

View PostAbyss, on 14 November 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

...ok actually i'm not sure about that.... shocked or wholly unsurprised, tough call...

I have bad news. Look up how late thirties Jerry dated a 17 year old high school girl and every one knew.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#30 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

View Postworry, on 14 November 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

This is a weird one, but Jason Alexander (on Twitter) was talking about this subject himself, and is obviously aghast at the monsters, and someone brought up an episode of Celebrity Poker where this happened:
Posted Image

I watched the video after, and that's exactly what happens, exactly what he did. Is that career-ending like some of these things? I suppose not. But it goes to show you don't have to be a 'monster' to do casually monstrous things to women. And it's likely thoughtless on his part, though it's clearly abusive, and at least some women watching noticed, cuz it seared into their memories (the episode is from 2005). A lot of things that are abusive don't even register as abuse, to men or women, because sexism is so pervasive.

That is all kinds of fucked.

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

I have bad news. Look up how late thirties Jerry dated a 17 year old high school girl and every one knew.

Yeah, not the same thing, even so. Hell, look at Woody Allen.
Oh geez... Woody Harrelson... THAT will shock.

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 November 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

I was thinking about this today. For some reason the ones that popped into my head that would upset me greatly are members of the cast of Scrubs.

Like, for reals I can see Ken Jenkins showing up on a list. I really hope not but...

In non-celebrity ones I wouldn't be surprised if Nigel Farage ends up being accused of something...

The Todd must have like a mountain of accusations.

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 November 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Anyone say Tom Sizemore? He's been outed today and it's really gross (11 year old girl gross). Not surprised at all. I had the displeasure one time of catching him on one of those celebrity rehab shows when I was flipping through channels. Dude was so messed up. I think he is most notable for Saving Private Ryan (or Natural Born Killers?).

Tom Sizemore's career depresses me. I always loved him in the films he was in during the 90s. He's one of those actors who never suited the role as a leading man but as a supporting actor he always made a film better.

Him walking around the Humvee's in Black Hawk Down was just awesome.

Posted Image

I'm sorry but I can't even be mad at this one and I in no way equate this to sexually assaulting someone.

If he was unaware of the effect of his strategy, then it's just him fucking with a poker opponent in an obnoxious way. Annoying? Yes. But everything about celebrity poker is annoying.

If he did that intentionally on the other hand, I can't even be mad. That's diabolical, evil mastermind levels of insight into your opponents weaknesses. Body hacking a women to make her fall out of poker tournament? If that is really what he did, I think he should be hired to some kind of board of NSA strategists and see what he could do about the Russians.

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 15 November 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

If he did that intentionally on the other hand, I can't even be mad. That's diabolical, evil mastermind levels of insight into your opponents weaknesses. Body hacking a women to make her fall out of poker tournament? If that is really what he did, I think he should be hired to some kind of board of NSA strategists and see what he could do about the Russians.

Knowing he did it deliberately, in a charity tournament, if it was your recently post partum wife or gf would you still be ok w that?

#33 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

There's a few other terms I can think of for "body hacking" someone without their consent.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

View PostAlternative Goose, on 15 November 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

Knowing he did it deliberately, in a charity tournament, if it was your recently post partum wife or gf would you still be ok w that?

Maybe not. Love and fatherhood changes a lot of things. You get protective. I'd like to think I'd still admire the sheer ruthlessness of it.

I have no personal relation to these two. I just love the situation.

View Postworry, on 15 November 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

There's a few other terms I can think of for "body hacking" someone without their consent.

But we wouldn't want to use such terms, would we? Because that would lessen the meaning of such words.

Don't get me wrong, he's an asshole for doing what he did, but a poker tournament brings out the worst and best in people.

#35 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image

I have trouble to believeing he could have done such a thing deliberately knowing the outcome. Can he mimick baby noises so well, or do women respond to the noise so easily? Ill def be watching the video to try and gauge it.

#36 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

I saw the video too, she jokes about it but it is proper awkward.

Does that mean what he's said now is wrong? No. Still, pretty low if he was actually trying to do that (TIL that this was a thing...)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#37 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 15 November 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Maybe not. Love and fatherhood changes a lot of things. You get protective. I'd like to think I'd still admire the sheer ruthlessness of it.

As a newish father, and someone who has learned all about this fact of breastfeeding....understand my position when I say...FUCK THE EXCUSES. Fuck them.

This is a level of goddamned insidiousness that I can't believe he's never been called to account for it till today. This is utterly fucking disgusting, and he knew what he was doing.

He was being a fragile little manchild who couldn't tolerate losing in a charity match, so he pulled out some vile shit to derail her. Using her bond with her child against her? No. Fuck him.

It's for Charity Jason, you fuckwad, take the hit and suck it up.

And you want to know how I know he knows what he's doing? Watch the end of the video where she beats Kattan....Alexander turns to her and condescendingly tells her he's "proud " of her.

He was being a shitstain and he knows it.

View PostAlternative Goose, on 15 November 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, he's an asshole for doing what he did, but a poker tournament brings out the worst and best in people.

Is this mean to excuse him, or expose him? I rather think it's the latter. It shows what a vile little wad of shit he is behind the veneer of "dopey stumpy guy".

View PostCause, on 15 November 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

I have trouble to believeing he could have done such a thing deliberately knowing the outcome. Can he mimick baby noises so well, or do women respond to the noise so easily? Ill def be watching the video to try and gauge it.

Believe it.

Mothers often leak when even THINKING about their child. It's not about the fact that Alexander is himself not her child, or that he can mimic her actual child's cry well enough to fool her body...it's that a mother's body is designed to unconsciously think about the baby when she hears a cry of a baby and the let down will begin to push milk out as a result. So he makes a baby crying noise, her body thinks about her own child, and the milk lets down.

Breastfeeding is a symbiotic relationship and bond between mother and child, where the let down (the milk dropping into the ducts in the breast) occurs when the baby is near, or crying, or even when the mother is simply thinking about the baby. This is so the baby will get enough milk when the need comes along. The more baby and mother interact and keep that bond close, the more reactionary the milk and breasts and body are to it. The baby basically lets the mothers body know that it's hungry through that bond. The mother's body is designed to hear that subconsciously, and provide as a result.

So yeah, this is bad, and yes alexander knew exactly what the result would be. He has two grown sons...he knew.

Bottom line: If ANYONE did this to my wife intentionally...I would RAGE at them.

Worry is right, this was body hacking and I can't believe someone would do this.

EDIT: It should be noted that I only know this as of being a father because I read the requisite books about parenthood beforehand, and my wife went though an awful lot with regards to breastfeeding initially, so I learned as much as I could on the subject. This info should be more common knowledge, but it's not unfortunately.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 15 November 2017 - 02:49 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#38 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

What is OK about a late thirties millionaire man dating a 17 year old high school girl?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#39 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

I watched the poker video and don't think it rises to the level of outrage captured in that comment. It was dickish behavior on Jason Alexander's part for sure, but saying he weaponized her body against her? I dunno, that seems way overly dramatic. She didn't tell him to go to hell. She said "you son of a bitch", which I took as more or less her acknowledgement that he took the pot and won when she was up in chip count. She seemed to be more or less focused on the game. He wasn't making baby noises throughout either. He did it briefly about three times as the game was coming to a conclusion. It wasn't all out baby wailing either, it was just subtle irritable baby noises. I doubt it was enough to trigger her mother's biology. The comment says she was a superior poker player. I don't know about that. She was consulting a 20 tips book. Whether that was for jokes or real, I don't know, but I don't think her poker skills were superior to the other players (except maybe Chris Kataan).

Ugh, I can't believe I watched a 30 min poker video. I need to get a life.

#40 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

What is OK about a late thirties millionaire man dating a 17 year old high school girl?

Older/younger relationships happen all the time. As far as i know, she wasn't trying to break into comedy, Hollywood, or a school or business he sits on the Board of. She was from an independently wealthy family. They dated for four years.

There is no Weinstein or Spacey type thing there. Call the age gap creepy if you want, say she wasn't mature enough to make a reasonable relationship decision, but it's not the same.

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users