Malazan Empire: Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 48 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I watched the poker video and don't think it rises to the level of outrage captured in that comment. It was dickish behavior on Jason Alexander's part for sure, but saying he weaponized her body against her? I dunno, that seems way overly dramatic. She didn't tell him to go to hell. She said "you son of a bitch", which I took as more or less her acknowledgement that he took the pot and won when she was up in chip count. She seemed to be more or less focused on the game. He wasn't making baby noises throughout either. He did it briefly about three times as the game was coming to a conclusion. It wasn't all out baby wailing either, it was just subtle irritable baby noises. I doubt it was enough to trigger her mother's biology. The comment says she was a superior poker player. I don't know about that. She was consulting a 20 tips book. Whether that was for jokes or real, I don't know, but I don't think her poker skills were superior to the other players (except maybe Chris Kataan).

Ugh, I can't believe I watched a 30 min poker video. I need to get a life.


I don't understand female biology, so I should probably not talk on the subject.



Fixed that for you.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
2

#42 User is offline   Cause 

  • Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 5,030
  • Joined: 25-December 03
  • Location:NYC

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 14 November 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

if Jerry Seinfeld gets added to the ever growing list i'm going to be...
...ok actually i'm not sure about that.... shocked or wholly unsurprised, tough call...

I have bad news. Look up how late thirties Jerry dated a 17 year old high school girl and every one knew.


Yeah, not the same thing, even so. Hell, look at Woody Allen.
Oh geez... Woody Harrelson... THAT will shock.

What is OK about a late thirties millionaire man dating a 17 year old high school girl?


Older/younger relationships happen all the time. As far as i know, she wasn't trying to break into comedy, Hollywood, or a school or business he sits on the Board of. She was from an independently wealthy family. They dated for four years.

There is no Weinstein or Spacey type thing there. Call the age gap creepy if you want, say she wasn't mature enough to make a reasonable relationship decision, but it's not the same.


Not illegal, not immoral but definitely unethical! It is more than bizarre. I can think of no sequence of events that could lead to a 30 year old dating a 17 year old in high-school. Its def creepy.
0

#43 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 19,838
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostCause, on 15 November 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 15 November 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 14 November 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

if Jerry Seinfeld gets added to the ever growing list i'm going to be...
...ok actually i'm not sure about that.... shocked or wholly unsurprised, tough call...

I have bad news. Look up how late thirties Jerry dated a 17 year old high school girl and every one knew.


Yeah, not the same thing, even so. Hell, look at Woody Allen.
Oh geez... Woody Harrelson... THAT will shock.

What is OK about a late thirties millionaire man dating a 17 year old high school girl?


Older/younger relationships happen all the time. As far as i know, she wasn't trying to break into comedy, Hollywood, or a school or business he sits on the Board of. She was from an independently wealthy family. They dated for four years.

There is no Weinstein or Spacey type thing there. Call the age gap creepy if you want, say she wasn't mature enough to make a reasonable relationship decision, but it's not the same.


Not illegal, not immoral but definitely unethical! It is more than bizarre. I can think of no sequence of events that could lead to a 30 year old dating a 17 year old in high-school. Its def creepy.


As far as the public record goes, he didn't use his power over her career to influence her into sleeping with him, they weren't Woody Allen stepfather-stepdaughter, she didn't work for him or anyone associated with him. They had a four year relationship. I'm not seeing how this fits in with the current surge of reports that include actual abuse, harassment, etc.

At a base level, the 20 year age difference and the fact that she was 17 when they started dating doesn't violate any legal or ethical code. Subjective moral maybe, ick factor, sure, but honestly, can you seriously think of NO sequence of events where a 17 year old daughter of a wealthy family comes into contact with a 38 year old massively successful millionaire actor/comedian and they end up licking each other for four years? Google celebrity couples with huge age gaps. This is zero news and barely registers on the scandal scale.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT
0

#44 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,096
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 15 November 2017 - 04:53 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 November 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Anyone say Tom Sizemore? He's been outed today and it's really gross (11 year old girl gross). Not surprised at all. I had the displeasure one time of catching him on one of those celebrity rehab shows when I was flipping through channels. Dude was so messed up. I think he is most notable for Saving Private Ryan (or Natural Born Killers?).


Tom Sizemore's career depresses me. I always loved him in the films he was in during the 90s. He's one of those actors who never suited the role as a leading man but as a supporting actor he always made a film better.

Him walking around the Humvee's in Black Hawk Down was just awesome.

He seemed to me to be the actor who took the roles that Michael Madsen turned down.
0

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

I've always assumed that Tom Sizemore is simply a variation on the villainous cop he played in STRANGE DAYS...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
0

#46 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,096
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I watched the poker video and don't think it rises to the level of outrage captured in that comment. It was dickish behavior on Jason Alexander's part for sure, but saying he weaponized her body against her? I dunno, that seems way overly dramatic. She didn't tell him to go to hell. She said "you son of a bitch", which I took as more or less her acknowledgement that he took the pot and won when she was up in chip count. She seemed to be more or less focused on the game. He wasn't making baby noises throughout either. He did it briefly about three times as the game was coming to a conclusion. It wasn't all out baby wailing either, it was just subtle irritable baby noises. I doubt it was enough to trigger her mother's biology. The comment says she was a superior poker player. I don't know about that. She was consulting a 20 tips book. Whether that was for jokes or real, I don't know, but I don't think her poker skills were superior to the other players (except maybe Chris Kataan).

Ugh, I can't believe I watched a 30 min poker video. I need to get a life.


I don't understand female women's biology, so I should probably not talk on the subject.



Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now

The Problem With Calling Women 'Females'
0

#47 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 22,901
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

Oh no, Kazooie just activated Worry's trap card.

This is starting to get good...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 15 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

3

#48 User is offline   worry 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 13,589
  • Joined: 24-February 10
  • Location:the buried west

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Both Malankazooie and QT posted normally in between the original post and the comeback. Thus I declare it officially too late:

They came with white hands and left with red hands.
1

#49 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

  • Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Posts: 5,555
  • Joined: 02-July 06
  • Location:The Emerald City
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

It’s like the progressive version of muphry’s law!
Error: Signature not valid
0

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I watched the poker video and don't think it rises to the level of outrage captured in that comment. It was dickish behavior on Jason Alexander's part for sure, but saying he weaponized her body against her? I dunno, that seems way overly dramatic. She didn't tell him to go to hell. She said "you son of a bitch", which I took as more or less her acknowledgement that he took the pot and won when she was up in chip count. She seemed to be more or less focused on the game. He wasn't making baby noises throughout either. He did it briefly about three times as the game was coming to a conclusion. It wasn't all out baby wailing either, it was just subtle irritable baby noises. I doubt it was enough to trigger her mother's biology. The comment says she was a superior poker player. I don't know about that. She was consulting a 20 tips book. Whether that was for jokes or real, I don't know, but I don't think her poker skills were superior to the other players (except maybe Chris Kataan).

Ugh, I can't believe I watched a 30 min poker video. I need to get a life.


I don't understand female women's biology, so I should probably not talk on the subject.



Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now

The Problem With Calling Women 'Females'


1. You just posted a buzzfeed article and a jezebel article.

You trolled yourself.

2. neither of those things exempt you from the lack of ability to talking about a topic you don't know about.

And last but not least...

3. The topic of breastfeeding and lactating is a medical topic about female biology...whether buzzfeed or Jezebel like that or not.

Sooooo

Try again.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 November 2017 - 02:51 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
1

#51 User is online   Not a Sheep 

  • Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 20,740
  • Joined: 27-March 08
  • Location:Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:59 AM

Sizzlelacious.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse
1

#52 User is offline   Malankazooie 

  • God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,096
  • Joined: 21-June 16

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:34 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 November 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I watched the poker video and don't think it rises to the level of outrage captured in that comment. It was dickish behavior on Jason Alexander's part for sure, but saying he weaponized her body against her? I dunno, that seems way overly dramatic. She didn't tell him to go to hell. She said "you son of a bitch", which I took as more or less her acknowledgement that he took the pot and won when she was up in chip count. She seemed to be more or less focused on the game. He wasn't making baby noises throughout either. He did it briefly about three times as the game was coming to a conclusion. It wasn't all out baby wailing either, it was just subtle irritable baby noises. I doubt it was enough to trigger her mother's biology. The comment says she was a superior poker player. I don't know about that. She was consulting a 20 tips book. Whether that was for jokes or real, I don't know, but I don't think her poker skills were superior to the other players (except maybe Chris Kataan).

Ugh, I can't believe I watched a 30 min poker video. I need to get a life.


I don't understand female women's biology, so I should probably not talk on the subject.



Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now

The Problem With Calling Women 'Females'


1. You just posted a buzzfeed article and a jezebel article.

You trolled yourself.

2. neither of those things exempt you from the lack of ability to talking about a topic you don't know about.

And last but not least...

3. The topic of breastfeeding and lactating is a medical topic about female mammals' biology...whether buzzfeed or Jezebel like that or not.

Sooooo

Try again.

Fixed that for you.

Soooo. Maybe your second point can also apply to you? Just a little? Maybe a smidgen?
0

#53 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

  • Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,172
  • Joined: 10-May 10
  • Location:Westchester, NY

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

No personal insults, please! Only impersonal ones.
0

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 November 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

Soooo. Maybe your second point can also apply to you? Just a little? Maybe a smidgen?


Nope. Just you.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
0

#55 User is offline   Vengeance 

  • High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 3,631
  • Joined: 27-June 07
  • Location:Chicago
  • very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Ummm having played a lot of poker. The absolutely crazy shit that I would say in order to get someone off of there game well for me it wasn't astonishing but still it was pretty bad. Even for a charity event or for a friendly game with my friends and their wives. No blow was to low to get someone to react and then not be playing cool. It is all about keeping your wits and temper in control. If you get pissed then you are going to make mistakes. If someone gets under your skin then you are going to react poorly. I once went into a friends bathroom at their house during a game and then asked if they were having trouble conceiving a baby. They were just married and there weren't any used condoms in the waste basket. It threw them off of there game (both of them were playing).
She let him get under her skin. But then she got her shit back under control and won. That is solid and something that you comment on. Sure Jason was a prick but so is every good poker player. It wasn't like he told her that he would fold and give her the pot if she blew him. There are things to get worked up on and then things that are going to take it to far. Going after someone for comments during a poker game are too far. Lets keep the indination on items that are actually worth our time. Making comments during a poker game are not that. Sticking fingers into an 11 yr like Tom Sizemore did.


http://www.hollywood...ld-girl-1057629

That shit is wrong.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore
0

#56 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I once went into a friends bathroom at their house during a game and then asked if they were having trouble conceiving a baby. They were just married and there weren't any used condoms in the waste basket. It threw them off of there game (both of them were playing).


Man, that's...fucked up. What if they'd had been trying and had miscarriage or something you didn't know about? Gods. Emotionally gutting your own friends to win a game? No wonder I don't play poker.

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

She let him get under her skin.


Not to belabour the point...but the issue at hand is that what he did made her body react subconsciously due to how lactation and breastfeeding works from a biology standpoint.

It's not like he said some horrible shit to her and she got into her own head about it, and she 'let" him get under her skin...

He tweaked something physical she has absolutely no control over. Worse, he's technically using her own child against her by making her body think her child was in distress.

While she was breastfeeding my wife often would accidentally leak in public when she heard other babies crying. It's not like she could just ignore him and get on with playing the game.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
0

#57 User is offline   Vengeance 

  • High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 3,631
  • Joined: 27-June 07
  • Location:Chicago
  • very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 November 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I once went into a friends bathroom at their house during a game and then asked if they were having trouble conceiving a baby. They were just married and there weren't any used condoms in the waste basket. It threw them off of there game (both of them were playing).


Man, that's...fucked up. What if they'd had been trying and had miscarriage or something you didn't know about? Gods. Emotionally gutting your own friends to win a game? No wonder I don't play poker.

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

She let him get under her skin.


Not to belabour the point...but the issue at hand is that what he did made her body react subconsciously due to how lactation and breastfeeding works from a biology standpoint.

It's not like he said some horrible shit to her and she got into her own head about it, and she 'let" him get under her skin...

He tweaked something physical she has absolutely no control over. Worse, he's technically using her own child against her by making her body think her child was in distress.

While she was breastfeeding my wife often would accidentally leak in public when she heard other babies crying. It's not like she could just ignore him and get on with playing the game.



And he won the hand.... I don't really see your point. The gambit worked. It was well played and then she went on and won another hand and stayed in the game. Poker is war there is no blow to low in order to get the upper hand. Poker is all about playing the other players not the cards. She got played.

Jason saw an opportunity and took it.


My friends were cheating in order to fleece me of 30 bucks a week. Fuck them. They got divorced a couple of years later. He was an asshole. I don't talk to any of them.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore
0

#58 User is offline   Vengeance 

  • High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 3,631
  • Joined: 27-June 07
  • Location:Chicago
  • very good...;)

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 November 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I once went into a friends bathroom at their house during a game and then asked if they were having trouble conceiving a baby. They were just married and there weren't any used condoms in the waste basket. It threw them off of there game (both of them were playing).


Man, that's...fucked up. What if they'd had been trying and had miscarriage or something you didn't know about? Gods. Emotionally gutting your own friends to win a game? No wonder I don't play poker.

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

She let him get under her skin.


Not to belabour the point...but the issue at hand is that what he did made her body react subconsciously due to how lactation and breastfeeding works from a biology standpoint.

It's not like he said some horrible shit to her and she got into her own head about it, and she 'let" him get under her skin...

He tweaked something physical she has absolutely no control over. Worse, he's technically using her own child against her by making her body think her child was in distress.

While she was breastfeeding my wife often would accidentally leak in public when she heard other babies crying. It's not like she could just ignore him and get on with playing the game.



And he won the hand.... I don't really see your point. The gambit worked. It was well played and then she went on and won another hand and stayed in the game. Poker is war there is no blow to low in order to get the upper hand. Poker is all about playing the other players not the cards. She got played.

Jason saw an opportunity and took it.


My friends were cheating in order to fleece me of 30 bucks a week. Fuck them. They got divorced a couple of years later. He was an asshole. I don't talk to any of them.



Don't play poker or mafia with me QT.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore
0

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • General Kenobi
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 17,786
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Winden
  • Interests:Sith Beatdowns

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostVengeance, on 16 November 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Don't play poker or mafia with me QT.


Ha! I certainly won't. Too cutthroat for me.

I'll stick to board games that make drunken-me laugh like Cards Against Humanity.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora
0

#60 User is offline   Abyss 

  • abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 19,838
  • Joined: 22-May 03
  • Location:The call is coming from inside the house!!!!
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

By this logic, if she was epileptic and he got his smartwatch to strobe in order to trigger a seizure, that would be ok, because Poker.
If she was severely allergic to peanuts and he smeared peanut butter all over himself to trigger an anaphalactic reaction from the smell, that would be ok, because Poker. (as an aside, this was a plot point in a book by a certain author i no longer enjoy.)


Fuck all that. Not my Poker. I play cutthroat, nasty games, with at times (subjectively) high stakes. We talk shit about the way the other players play. We don't try to incapacitate them.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT
3

Share this topic:


  • 48 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users