Malazan Empire: E3 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 - Malazan Empire

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 Scorpio vs Switch? Mario vs Red Dead? Star Wars vs WW2?

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

I'm bored so lets get this E3 speculation thread going early this year.

https://en.wikipedia...nment_Expo_2017

The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017, commonly known as E3 2017, is the 23rd Electronic Entertainment Expo, during which several hardware manufacturers and software developers and publishers from the video game industry will present new and upcoming products to the attendees, primarily retailers and members of the video game press. The event, organized by the Entertainment Software Association, will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 13–15, 2017.[1]

While the event has traditionally been closed only to members of the video game industry and press, E3 2017 will offer 15,000 public passes for the event, to be sold starting in February 2017.[2] The move was broadly supported by publishers and analysts, who see the influence of gamers' own experiences with hands-on demonstration spread through word-of-mouth as valuable as media presentations and interviews.[3]

We're around 45 days out, so there's still some way to go, but I reckon we're only a couple of weeks away from the various publishers and developers beginning the pre-E3 info dumps, with announcements, teasers, trailers, etc. being released or leaked in a continuous flood up until mid June.

So far this year, the biggest topic will probably be Microsoft's conference. They announced Scorpio last year and about a month ago we got all the specs on the console. But we're still waiting to hear about the price, the systems involved and probably most important, what kinds of games they have lined up for the fall and 2018. Right now Sony is kicking their ass so they need some kind of hail mary. They moved their conference back a day this year so it sounds like they're going for some kind of big splash.

Nintendo announced this week that they wont be doing a conference, so it's probably just the usual Tree House live stream they've been doing. They've already revealed their 2017 lineup so that's not interesting but I am hoping to hear something about the virtual console. Some more Mario gameplay would be cool as well.

Otherwise nothing big has really been announced yet I think.

What are you guys looking forward to?

I'd love to see more from Red Dead Redemption 2, I could see a big gameplay reveal at Microsoft or Sony's conferences.

Assassin's Creed: Empire would be cool. Ubisoft has been uncharacteristically good at keeping their info sealed this year. I'm really excited to see whether or not they succeed in re-vitalizing the series. Rumor has it they decided to take inspiration from Witcher 3.

I'm also hoping that Wolfenstein: New Colossus gets revealed and released this fall.

#2 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

Bungie has set aside May 18 to get the hype train out of the station for Destiny 2. http://www.inquisitr...we-hope-to-see/

As far as E3. RDR2 is a top my list. As far as everything else, I guess it depends on what catches my interest and/or what comes out of the show with the most buzz.

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Ah yes, Destiny 2!

Never played the first one. I thought it was going to be the game that made me buy the PS4 but I found the demo on the PS3 so underwhelming that I never bothered.

But if it comes to PC I probably wont be able to resist. I love me some shootin'.

#4 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Ok, thought more about this and am interested to see anything about Crackdown 3 and God of War.

I believe Crackdown 3 will be exclusive to Xbox, so depending on what kind of hype comes out of E3 and how it is received, it may cause me to pull the trigger on buying an Xbox One (or Xbox Scorpio).

And the initial footage of God of War released really got me excited, as it looks like it is headed into open world setting and Norse gods. So I'm excited to see anything about it at E3.

And of course, I'm excited to see anything about Assassin's Creed. I'm a sucker for the franchise.
- - - -
I know there is a lot more I'm excited about and hope E3 will give us more info about them.

#5 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

I heard a rumour of resistance 4. I'd be happy if it was true

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

That would be cool. The setting for the Resistance games never quite sat right with me, it was too bleak. It was basically a losing battle from start to finish, but I really liked Resistance 3. Felt like they really got it right in that one.

#7 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

I want to hear something about these medieval games that were scheduled for 2017 and have been in development limbo.

Mount and Blade 2 plus Deliverance: Kingdom Come are both supposedly due out this year, but little has been heard recently. Deliverance has been posting gameplay from 2015; I guess next it will be an actual release date or statement about a new setback.

At least Taleworlds are still blogging new features about Bannerlords. I really want to get into some big seige battles again.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 04 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#8 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

I doubt we'll see anything about RDR2 - Rockstar famously avoid E3 and do their own thing.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#9 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 04 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

That would be cool. The setting for the Resistance games never quite sat right with me, it was too bleak. It was basically a losing battle from start to finish, but I really liked Resistance 3. Felt like they really got it right in that one.

I really liked Resistance 3. It was one of those games released during the last gen that took advantage of the power of the PlayStation 3. And I rather enjoyed that it conveyed dread and hoplessness that you were dropped into a fight that seemed overwhelmingly like you were on the losing side - the war destructed environment was badass. I'm excited to hear anything about Resistance 4 out of E3

#10 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

I've been kind of a loop on things lately, but it'd be cool to see more of "Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice", purely because the devs are claiming to try to " seriously" explore the theme of mental problems with the protagonist, and that peaks my curiosity on a purely professional level.

If we get some teasers for CDPRed's Cyberpunk, that'd be cool too.

I can actually see Rockstar announcing they're jumping on the PC port bandwagon and release RDR as a Win 10 exclusive.

I'm gonna continue hoping against all odds that Squeenix announces a new Legacy of Kain game, just because hope dies last.

Things we are likely to see that I don't really care about: season 2 of Hitman, a bunch of racing games, etc.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#11 User is offline   Osseric 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostMentalist, on 04 May 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

I've been kind of a loop on things lately, but it'd be cool to see more of "Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice", purely because the devs are claiming to try to " seriously" explore the theme of mental problems with the protagonist, and that peaks my curiosity on a purely professional level.

Hellblade is being developed with support and funding from the Wellcome Trust, a medical and scientific research and funding organisation here in the UK. One of my friends worked there until recently and knew a few people there involved with the game (on the support side, not development side), so hoping it turns out good!

- Khell

This post has been edited by Osseric: 04 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

From the start I've been very sceptic about Hellblade. The reveal trailer was weird and all the footage up until recently was very artsy and focused on the mental illness aspect of the character. Which sounded like a recipe for a disaster.

Recent articles have however made Hellblade sound more interesting. It's a proper fighting game. However it's apparently also made with an indie budget meaning it might have tight controls but in terms of quality and polish people should probably temper their expectations. This isn't going to be Heavenly Sword 2 or anything like that.

In other news today at a investor meeting Ubisoft confirmed Farcry 5, Assassin's Creed: What ever and The Crew 2. They'll be releasing actual information on the games soon. Plus they announced a conference for June 12th. Strangely of the 3 The Crew 2 is the one I am most curious about. I really wanted to love the first Crew game. Making the whole US an open world driving sandbox was amazing. Unfortunately the game controlled like garbage and the level system was pointless.

#13 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Has there been any concrete info that suggests From is making Bloodborne 2? It was my understanding that Dark Souls 3 was their final Souls game for the foreseeable future. But of course, if Sony drove a dumptruck full of money up to their HQ, I imagine they could be convinced to make an extra bloodborne game.

#14 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

I thought they were done. They're working on a new IP as far as I know.

Although a dumptruck load of cash might change their minds.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#15 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

I have heard a lot of rumours for bloodborne 2 and resistance 4. Hope both are true

#16 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

There's a certain rumor about the next Far Cry game that's flying about.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

It's supposed to be set in Montana which is the main basis for the Western rumor.

However nothing says that it can't be a contemporary Western. Some evil corporation, crazy governor or Super Meth Criminal covertly takes over an area of America, you're some Sherif or something cut off from the outside world and you decide to take down the baddies. Or something.

#18 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

Oh god, I hope not.

(to both those ideas)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#19 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

Come on, you sayin' you don't want to drive around in a pick up-truck screaming Yeehaw while you fire your M16 at those evil Russian Mexican Terrorists!

#20 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I just hope the writers don't suffer from a terminal attack of advanced pretentiousness or a stroke halfway through like in 3 and 4 respectively

Or they get the Blood Dragon team to make it
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users