Malazan Empire: E3 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 - Malazan Empire

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 - Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 Scorpio vs Switch? Mario vs Red Dead? Star Wars vs WW2?

#141 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

so,. that Extinction game Apt mentioned....

a 5 min gameplay slice. Looks.... alright?

Feels a tad more skill-based than what I'd normally be capable of handling in an Action-Adventure (esp since the boss ogres one-shot kill you). But I like the idea of fully destructible towns/hamlets (nothing there I'd call a ":city"), and I'm always down to try slashing monsters with a sword.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#142 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Killing ogres just looks time consuming and repetitive to me

#143 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 27 June 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

View PostSeduce Goose, on 26 June 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

The best of E3 list is being voted on:

http://www.gamecriti...m/nominees.html

Predictably it's littered with the AAA sequels.

A Way Out should be on the Best Original Game list.

It's done on actual gameplay available for the journalists to try rather than trailers. A Way Out was disqualified for that reason:

The following annnounced games were not made playable to voting publications at E3 and were therefore disqualified from award consideration: Absolver (Devolver); Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Microsoft); Anthem (EA); A Way Out (EA); Beyond Good & Evil 2 (Ubisoft); Cuphead (Studio MDHR); God of War (PlayStation); Hunt: Showdown (Crytek); Kingdom Hearts 3 (Square Enix); Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Square Enix); Metroid Prime 4 (Nintendo); Metro Exodus (Deep Silver); Monster Hunter World (Capcom); NBA Live 18 (EA); Ori and the Will of Wisps (Microsoft); Shadow of the Colossus (PlayStation); Marvel's Spider-Man (PlayStation); State of Decay 2 (Microsoft); The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda); Uncharted: Lost Legacy (PlayStation); XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (2K Games); Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo)

That Best in Show list is so underwhelming. AC: Origins I'm 'meh' about; Mario Odyssey will probably be great, but I didn't see enough of it, and same with Wolfenstein. The biggest surprise was probably Mario + Rabbids for actually looking like genuine fun and a novel way to go (novel for them, obviously it's straight up XCom :( ).

Mario+Rabbids was definitely my favorite game of the show. It just looked like goofy fun.

Mario Sunshine on the other hand I remain strangely cautious about. There's something about the gameplay they've shown that has me slightly underwhelmed but at the same time the possession stuff sounds like it will make for some very creative game design.

View PostMentalist, on 28 June 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

so,. that Extinction game Apt mentioned....

a 5 min gameplay slice. Looks.... alright?

Feels a tad more skill-based than what I'd normally be capable of handling in an Action-Adventure (esp since the boss ogres one-shot kill you). But I like the idea of fully destructible towns/hamlets (nothing there I'd call a ":city"), and I'm always down to try slashing monsters with a sword.

This looks both promising and very formulaic. Like Cause says, it looks like killing Ogres will get old quickly unless they add some extra spice. I imagine that it might be more entertaining if you're also trying to manage fighting a ton of ground and flying units while you target the ogres weak spots.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users