• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2017 to Super Bowl 52

#41 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostBrujah, on 24 October 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

They're heading in the right direction finally.

It won't take fruition this season, but they are starting to aquire some nice players in certain spots finally.

Colin 'Needs to die slow' Kaepernick ruined them for at least multiple seasons. They should have stuck with Alex and not bought into Colins hype.

Needs to die slow?

Wow.

Don't tell me you've bought into the "disrespecting our flag" propaganda that your narcissistic fascist bellend of a president and his moronic uneducated inbred followers are spouting?

Or are you racist?

Genuine question because I'd really like to know what would evoke such a reaction. As a 49ers fan I'm not too happy with him **for football related reasons** but otherwise that is a very extreme (and stupid) thing to say.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#42 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Did all the good o-line coaches die last year?

Half the QBs are running for their life. Fantasy is alot more boring when so many teams cant score.

#43 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 October 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

It won't take fruition this season, but they are starting to aquire some nice players in certain spots finally.

Colin 'Needs to die slow' Kaepernick ruined them for at least multiple seasons. They should have stuck with Alex and not bought into Colins hype.

Needs to die slow?

Wow.

Don't tell me you've bought into the "disrespecting our flag" propaganda that your narcissistic fascist bellend of a president and his moronic uneducated inbred followers are spouting?

Or are you racist?

Genuine question because I'd really like to know what would evoke such a reaction. As a 49ers fan I'm not too happy with him **for football related reasons** but otherwise that is a very extreme (and stupid) thing to say.

Am I racist?

For taking up for Cam or for putting down Colin?

My family is multi racial I'm not sure which race you're asking if I'm racist against because I don't believe I'm racist against anyone.

I don't like Colin Kaepernick and I didn't know it made you racist for supporting the flag.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#44 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

The American People have been saluting the flag at football games for quite sometime now. I believe that there's no reason not to do so. I also believe that no matter what race you are, you should be dealt with accordingly.

This wasn't as polarizing an issue until Donald Trump threw his 2 cents in.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#45 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

That's because before Trump it was about police treatment of minorities and the blackballing of Kaep. After Trump it became an argument about free speech.

Demands to salute a flag only brings North Korea to my mind.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#46 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostBrujah, on 24 October 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 October 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Needs to die slow?

Wow.

Or are you racist?

Am I racist?

For taking up for Cam or for putting down Colin?

My family is multi racial I'm not sure which race you're asking if I'm racist against because I don't believe I'm racist against anyone.

I don't like Colin Kaepernick and I didn't know it made you racist for supporting the flag.

No no. You said he needs to die. That is extreme. The only people talking like that at the moment are the very racist bellend trump supporters who have made it into an issue about the flag.

You saying that made me think you were one of them.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostBriar King, on 26 October 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

I’m not inbred. I’m not a racist. I know it’s hard to put that label gun away after 2016.

Fuck them. It’s a slap in the face.

What’s gonna happen when someone kneels on podium at the Olympics?

I don't really care if they do that. They have a right to protest as they see fit. It's got nothing to do with disrespecting the flag or slapping anyone in the face. The people who are angry over this were strangely silent when literally nazis were marching through the streets of America. They went "ooh freedom of speech" when challenged about that silence. But young black men kneeling?

"They deserve to die slowly" Brujah, 2017

Do you not see the difference?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

Who are "they"?

Colin Kaepernick is a single person. Please do not exaggerate or change my words.

Secondly, 'die slow' is a southern coloquialism that you can substitute for 'f You' derived from a rap lyric by the Great poet Tupac Shakur. If you dislike someone then you might hear 'die slow' instead of fuck you.

You've latched onto two words from a series of posts because you feel that putting me in a negative light makes the things you say more true.

Now that we've cleared up your racist taunt, and now your clinging to a two word phrase you both chose to take literally and expand to include a large group of people instead of the truth, which is that it was only mentioned about one person specifically, maybe you'd like to use actual substance to discuss this subject instead of poor attempts to defraud my character, thus my disposition.

- Maynard James Keenan

#49 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

View PostShinrei, on 25 October 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

That's because before Trump it was about police treatment of minorities and the blackballing of Kaep. After Trump it became an argument about free speech.

Not saluting and choosing to protest by any disrespectful act are not one and the same.

Plenty of players stand without covering their hearts. I don't believe our NFL games are the place for protest in the first place, but even more so, I don't believe an individual who has a problem with a current issue should choose to disrespect the flag as a medium for their expression.

Our Flag is not a Donald Trump creation. It has flown for most of the 44 different Presidents while in office.

Saluting is also the wrong word for our discussion. The military salute.

Standing for the anthem with a hand or hat over your heart is customary, and even this isn't done nearly as much as in the past. Just standing for the anthem is about all that people do, and that is completely fine.

There is nothing to compare getting drunk at a ball game and standing still and silent for less than 1 percent of your time for the anthem, that you can compare to the atrocities in North Korea.

Even our own military require its soldiers to salute the flag.

Spectators at an NFL game can do as they please. Stand or sit. People pay to watch a football game, and millions of t.v. viewers watch as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having all the players just stand there for the anthem. It's plain and simple. They don't need to lock arms and show solidarity. Just stand there while(for example) some little girl sings the anthem. There's no saluting going on.

Leave it be. We have other times and places for protesting whatever one's hearts desire.

Protesting our flag only brings North Korea to mind.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 27 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

- Maynard James Keenan

#50 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:52 AM

If i went to " a sporting event " here and they played the national anthem, Then i would be totally confused unless the Queen was there.

It is called the National Anthem for a reason.......you only play it when your national teams is playing or at State events.

Americans are wierd.

Besides sports and politics shouldnt mix.

#51 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostBriar King, on 27 October 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

It shouldn't you are right. We will be lucky if this dumb shit doesn't spread to other professional leagues and then the Olympics though.

I haven't watched a single full game at all this year. I can't even say how depressing that is making me. I believe I have only tuned into about 4 games maybe 5. 1st two weeks to see what Saints were doing, that epic Atlanta over Detroit win I mentioned up thread, and the last I believe was the game SW trailer hit. My nose was buried in a book until about 3 game time minutes away from halftime.

I also think this thread has suffered post wise. Most people know I get excited during seasons and this my heart isn't in it.

Looks like a lot of other people feel the same way judging by some of those empty seats I see every now and then on news.

Will be very curious to see the final ratings dip come SB night and how much $ they make league wide compared to last night year.

Most expensive protest ever I imagine.

You should give your team another chance, they might be turning it around.
I really like that they are more balanced on offense.
I am not myself a Saints fan, but i like Brees alot.

#52 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostBrujah, on 26 October 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Who are "they"?

Colin Kaepernick is a single person. Please do not exaggerate or change my words.

Secondly, 'die slow' is a southern coloquialism that you can substitute for 'f You' derived from a rap lyric by the Great poet Tupac Shakur. If you dislike someone then you might hear 'die slow' instead of fuck you.

You've latched onto two words from a series of posts because you feel that putting me in a negative light makes the things you say more true.

Now that we've cleared up your racist taunt, and now your clinging to a two word phrase you both chose to take literally and expand to include a large group of people instead of the truth, which is that it was only mentioned about one person specifically, maybe you'd like to use actual substance to discuss this subject instead of poor attempts to defraud my character, thus my disposition.

Ahh, telling someone to Die Slow is OK cos you're from the South. Got it.

I followed on the "they" from BK saying "them" I was part replying to him but yes you haven't said that all the kneelers need to die. Only one. Which makes it better...

View PostBrujah, on 27 October 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

Not saluting and choosing to protest by any disrespectful act are not one and the same.

Plenty of players stand without covering their hearts. I don't believe our NFL games are the place for protest in the first place, but even more so, I don't believe an individual who has a problem with a current issue should choose to disrespect the flag as a medium for their expression.

Our Flag is not a Donald Trump creation. It has flown for most of the 44 different Presidents while in office.

Standing for the anthem with a hand or hat over your heart is customary, and even this isn't done nearly as much as in the past. Just standing for the anthem is about all that people do, and that is completely fine.

There is nothing to compare getting drunk at a ball game and standing still and silent for less than 1 percent of your time for the anthem, that you can compare to the atrocities in North Korea.

Spectators at an NFL game can do as they please. Stand or sit. People pay to watch a football game, and millions of t.v. viewers watch as well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having all the players just stand there for the anthem. It's plain and simple. They don't need to lock arms and show solidarity. Just stand there while(for example) some little girl sings the anthem. There's no saluting going on.

Leave it be. We have other times and places for protesting whatever one's hearts desire.

OK, here we go...

So these people are protesting what they say as an injustice in the system, and they are using the influence they have and the arena they have to bring it to people's attention. But they shouldn't protest there? Why? Why shouldn't they use their position to speak on an issue they feel is very real and very prevalent? YOU might disagree that it is a current issue but they certainly do and they have the right to bring it up (Again, I am using "they" because now we are talking about the whole kneeling vs standing issue not just your irrational hatred for Kap...)

When people protested in Ferguson and it got violent they were met with vast criticism and told not to be so violent. Now they are bringing the issue up in a non-violent way and are being told that it is not the place.

So when is it? Every time someone tries to bring it up they are told they are doing it wrong, or the timing is wrong or the means by which they are protesting is wrong.

The only reason it became about "protesting the flag" or "protesting the anthem" is because Donald Trump told everyone that it was. He has (quite successfully) diverted attention away from the actual issues and turned it into a "you're unpatriotic" issue. When literal Nazi's (remember how the US fought against them a few years ago?) were walking the streets of American cities, they were not decried by the administration as unpatriotic, because they had freedom of speech (they're white so they get that).

But black people kneeling in a peaceful manner? UNPATRIOTIC! NEED TO BE SACKED! Anyone who honestly agrees with that clearly can't see that America has completely ceased to be the land of the free. It's sad...

And your last sentence "Protesting our flag only brings North Korea to mind." Wow. So you have bought in to the whole "YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT AMERICA OR YOU ARE A TRAITOR" narrative that seems quite prevalent at the moment?

First of all, they're not protesting the flag. But I've covered that. Secondly, why? If someone is saying "I love this country but there is so much wrong with it at the moment" why is that like North Korea? Being sacked for kneeling is more like a dictatorship state than actually making a protest (oh wait, being black they don't have a right to freedom of speech is that right? It's kind of the feeling I'm getting from everyone ranting about this... Again: White people who are actual Nazis and actually literally killed someone in their protest - Freedom of speech. Black people using the position they have to try and get a serious issue more spotlight - ungrateful traitors who should be fired.)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#53 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thing is, protesting during the anthem is nothing new. Happened in the Olympics before (Mexico games in '69 I believe). Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (NBA player) did it in the early 90s.

Kaepernick was a side note and became back page news until Trumpito spoke and got all of the ignorant mouth breathers believing it was about hating the country and the troops.

Oh and also, Cam Newton is a piece of shit.

#54 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:44 AM

Colin Kaepernick's mothers, the one who raised him, is white. His black father left them hanging when he found out his 19 year old girl friend was about to have his son. He left before he was even born. Nothing surprising there.

Quit playing the race card. I never said anything should happen to black athletes who do not stand for the Anthem.

I think all races that refuse to stand for the Anthem should just choose another venue.

Colin Kaepernick was a piece of shit before Trump was elected into office. Trump should leave the issue to the team owners, but as President he's bound to have an opinion, and he's a hot head, loud mouth, so of course his thoughts are going to make the scene.

Nothing he says influences my thoughts about Football. Colin Kaepernick doesn't need Trump to point out his faults.

- Maynard James Keenan

#55 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 26 October 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Who are "they"?

Ahh, telling someone to Die Slow is OK cos you're from the South. Got it.

I followed on the "they" from BK saying "them" I was part replying to him but yes you haven't said that all the kneelers need to die. Only one. Which makes it better...

View PostBrujah, on 27 October 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

OK, here we go...

So these people are protesting what they say as an injustice in the system, and they are using the influence they have and the arena they have to bring it to people's attention. But they shouldn't protest there? Why? Why shouldn't they use their position to speak on an issue they feel is very real and very prevalent? YOU might disagree that it is a current issue but they certainly do and they have the right to bring it up (Again, I am using "they" because now we are talking about the whole kneeling vs standing issue not just your irrational hatred for Kap...)

When people protested in Ferguson and it got violent they were met with vast criticism and told not to be so violent. Now they are bringing the issue up in a non-violent way and are being told that it is not the place.

So when is it? Every time someone tries to bring it up they are told they are doing it wrong, or the timing is wrong or the means by which they are protesting is wrong.

The only reason it became about "protesting the flag" or "protesting the anthem" is because Donald Trump told everyone that it was. He has (quite successfully) diverted attention away from the actual issues and turned it into a "you're unpatriotic" issue. When literal Nazi's (remember how the US fought against them a few years ago?) were walking the streets of American cities, they were not decried by the administration as unpatriotic, because they had freedom of speech (they're white so they get that).

But black people kneeling in a peaceful manner? UNPATRIOTIC! NEED TO BE SACKED! Anyone who honestly agrees with that clearly can't see that America has completely ceased to be the land of the free. It's sad...

And your last sentence "Protesting our flag only brings North Korea to mind." Wow. So you have bought in to the whole "YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT AMERICA OR YOU ARE A TRAITOR" narrative that seems quite prevalent at the moment?

First of all, they're not protesting the flag. But I've covered that. Secondly, why? If someone is saying "I love this country but there is so much wrong with it at the moment" why is that like North Korea? Being sacked for kneeling is more like a dictatorship state than actually making a protest (oh wait, being black they don't have a right to freedom of speech is that right? It's kind of the feeling I'm getting from everyone ranting about this... Again: White people who are actual Nazis and actually literally killed someone in their protest - Freedom of speech. Black people using the position they have to try and get a serious issue more spotlight - ungrateful traitors who should be fired.)

You've went over the cliff, past the last barn on the left, and left rationality behind. I'm not discussing all these race issues, example Ferguson, because I don't feel we touched on those topics.

You're bringing up racial conflicts in an attempt to paint me in a negative light, which is your MO, hoping to drum up sympathy for backing worthy causes, and trying to place me in opposition with completely baseless information.

Classic technique for a bitter for trying to save face.

If you would read more and plagiarize less, you'd have realized my single line about North Korea was mirroring a post by Shin, just up above. You should take Bill Oreily's job on Fox news. You could call it The Spin Zone, because that's all you do.

- Maynard James Keenan

#56 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

I only mentioned Ferguson because you said a sports game was the wrong place to protest. It feels like whenever black people protest they get told it isn't the right place, the right way, the right time etc. Ferguson was a violent protest. They were told to be less violent. This is a less violent protest and they're being told it's not the time nor place. You'd have understood that if you weren't getting so defensive about things and getting on your high horse about them. Never mind.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#57 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

I'm sorry, Tiste. I've enjoyed your posts, and I'd choose a friend over a foe any day. They're far too precious and hard to come by. Especially the older I get.

- Maynard James Keenan

#58 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Well pop over to England and we can be grumpy old farts over a pint together then... :rolleyes:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#59 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

You buy, I'll fly.

- Maynard James Keenan

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Wow. Patriots trade back up QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers. Could this help niners turn things around? By all accounts he is an excellent quarterback.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users