• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL 2017 to Super Bowl 52

#21 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Who is looking good this year then? Easier to tell when it's one league but this has so many. Who's impressing? Who looks like champions?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#22 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 25 September 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Atlanta-New England rematch will happen.

Have Atlanta got good depth?

#23 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

His knee was definitely down, he had control of the ball, and he was being touched by an opposing player while down. He was very close though. Maybe half a yard.

The 10 second runoff rule was something else, but if the Lions had a timeout they could of stopped the clock with 2 seconds and ran one more play. But they didn't. It was officiated correctly, imo.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#24 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Don't forget the mighty KC Chiefs haven't lost yet!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Atlanta Falcons lost @ home against the Buffalo Bills, so Kansas City Chiefs are the only undefeated team. The Chiefs play Monday night @ home against the Washington Redskins. I predict a Chiefs win and they continue their undefeated streak into next week.

Mostly what's making me happy though is New England Patriots lost @ home against Carolina Panthers. I'm not a fan of the Panthers personally, but love to see the Patriots lose.

#26 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

And we go 0-4!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#27 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Cam Newton is a giant piece of shit. Not just for his words, but watch the video and see the body language that accompanies his words. Smug, condescending and straight up asshole body language.

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

Wow, Steelers go into Kansas City and beat the home team Chiefs (giving them first loss). After that shit show last week and Roethlisberger once again talking about retirement, I think everybody had the Chiefs to remain undefeated.

#29 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Is it just me or does this year seem unusually close in all leagues and tables? No one is really standing out, is this expected?

#30 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

[insert weekly sigh and shaking of head]
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#31 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Dolphins winning is awesome, against Falcons as well.

#32 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 October 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Is it just me or does this year seem unusually close in all leagues and tables? No one is really standing out, is this expected?

Nothing can ever be expected in the NFL.

Any Given Sunday
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#33 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 October 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Cam Newton is a giant piece of shit. Not just for his words, but watch the video and see the body language that accompanies his words. Smug, condescending and straight up asshole body language.

I think that's a bit too harsh. I do agree that he shouldn't have said what he did, but I think he just failed to be funny. He has to realize he stuck his foot in his mouth, possibly too tired for his brain to mouth connections to work.

I live in Charlotte and he has many, many charities and does a lot of good in this area. He also has a clean history, and is not known for crude remarks. I believe the chastizing is extreme.

Everyone can go ahead and drop their stones.

- Maynard James Keenan

#34 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

3 - 2

Second place to 4 - 2 Panthers

- Maynard James Keenan

#35 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

I think that's a bit too harsh. I do agree that he shouldn't have said what he did, but I think he just failed to be funny. He has to realize he stuck his foot in his mouth, possibly too tired for his brain to mouth connections to work.

I live in Charlotte and he has many, many charities and does a lot of good in this area. He also has a clean history, and is not known for crude remarks. I believe the chastizing is extreme.

Naw, he's a POS. Most players have their names attached to charities, it's good PR and I'm sure their agents get them involved. It was obviously sexist and not misconstrued at all. He was dropped by some sponsors over it.

He could help his cause by not celebrating with his cocky superman routine when getting a 1st down finally in the third qtr (and losing to top it off).

#36 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

At this rate the bye week for the 49ers will be their most successful week all season.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#37 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

They're heading in the right direction finally.

It won't take fruition this season, but they are starting to aquire some nice players in certain spots finally.

Colin 'Needs to die slow' Kaepernick ruined them for at least multiple seasons. They should have stuck with Alex and not bought into Colins hype.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 24 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

- Maynard James Keenan

#38 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 October 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Naw, he's a POS. Most players have their names attached to charities, it's good PR and I'm sure their agents get them involved. It was obviously sexist and not misconstrued at all. He was dropped by some sponsors over it.

He could help his cause by not celebrating with his cocky superman routine when getting a 1st down finally in the third qtr (and losing to top it off).

I live close enough to hurl a frisbee to the Bank of America stadium. Cam Newton is NOT a fake or a corporate plaything when it comes to his charities. I've been to many live, and you can tell he has great desire to be a good man and to do something positive with what he's been giving.

Yeah, he really said some fucked up shit, but he's young. He made a mistake. We learn from mistakes. He will rise above it. I've met and talked to him personally, yeah not for more than a quick handshake and a few words of greeting, but he makes me a believer, and I'm not going to crucify him for this one mistake.

As for his Superman antic and his first down celebration......arw you kidding. That has nothing to do with the issue at hand and is just reaching, far reaching for something to pin to him. His superman move is so nothing to get in an uproar over, and you dang right he needs to give the first down sign when he scrambles for it.

If you want to talk about a REAL piece of shit, then let's talk Colin Kaepernick. He's the biggest piece of fucking shit in all of football.

- Maynard James Keenan

#39 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

OCTOBER 05, 2017 9:36 PM

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton apologized Thursday night for his word choice when answering a question Wednesday from Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue.

Newton issued his apology in a 108-second video via Twitter that was posted at 8:58 p.m. Thursday, a little more than 30 hours after he had answered Rodrigue’s question about wide receiver Devin Funchess’s pass routes by laughing and saying: “It’s funny to hear a female talk about routes.”

In the apology, Newton said his word choice during that Wednesday press conference was “extremely degrading and disrespectful to women.”

Newton also said: “I’m a father to two beautiful daughters, and at their age I try to instill in them that they can do and be anything that they want to be. The fact that during this whole process I’ve already lost sponsors and countless fans, I realize that the joke is really on me.

And I’ve learned a valuable lesson from this. To the young people who see this, I hope that you’ve learned something from this as well. Don’t be like me; be better than me.”

The apology did not mention Rodrigue by name, but ended with a blanket apology to all women.
Said Newton: “To the reporters, to the journalists, to the moms, the supermoms, to the daughters, the sisters and the women all around the world, I sincerely apologize and hope that you can find the kindness in your heart to forgive me. Thank you.”

- Maynard James Keenan

#40 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:05 AM

He played like shit yesterday. And then put on his pouty, "me lost, me sad boy, dunwanna talk to media" routine. He's a POS and sucks at quarterback. I'm not fan (short for fanatic) so I can take the emotion out of it and see him for what he is. Believe me, all sports stars have a "brand", and they protect and elevate that brand by doing the charity thing and signing footballs, yadda yadda yadda.

I'll say it again. He was dropped by sponsors. You don't get dropped by sponsors by doing positive, good things.

I'm not a fan of Kaepernick, but he's not a POS. The real POS is Jerry Jones for hiring and protecting players who have a long history of domestic abuse and other crimes, and Cam Newton of course for sexist, belittling remarks to a female reporter. And for celebrating like a cocky jerk off when his team is losing and hasn't moved the ball since the first half. I feel sorry for Christian McCaffery. Sucks he has to play with a quarterback who is more interested in his fashion statement before and after the game then actually improving at his craft.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users