• You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#501 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 December 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 18 December 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Dabbled a little in The Dawning cookie making quest last night. Getting the sharp flavor ingredient was annoying. I was slicing up many enemies with my sword before finally got it to drop.

A question for you guardians though. So the step says to deliver cookies to Zavala, Lord Shaxx, Amanda Holiday and Hawthorne. But the quest says it still needs a total of 12 (I think it is). So do I just keep spamming these same recipes? Or is it somewhere revealed that other NPCs in the Tower, and on other planets, have cookies specific to them? I ask, because in trying to pick up ingredients, I have some that I don't even know what recipes they are for and for whom.

Yeah, I think it's 12 different NPCs that you can bake cookies for. You can either experiment with the recipes...or just look them up online ;) It's basically everyone in the Tower, all the planetary NPCs, plus I think Riven from the Last Wish raid as well.

Ok, cool. I'll be looking them up online.

The Dawning essence ingredient is going to be a slog (required for every recipe). I've found the best way to get enough for a recipe is to keep doing strikes. I've received about 15 count each time when finishing a strike from the strike list. The last strike I did had to be the fastest I've ever completed a strike. It's the one with the big worm - Xol, on Mars (fuck I've done that strike a lot!). Damn though, I had some studs in my fire team and we did a speed run right through it. Killed Xol before he even had s chance to squirm across the field of battle, killing everything in his path. I delivered the coup de grâce, killing shot with my rocket launcher right in Xol's mouth/butthole. Collected 17 essence and got right to making some cookies.

#502 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:05 PM

Wow, the cookies you make for Master Rahool - Burnt Edge Transits.

The recipe calls for two ingredients the do not successfully combine? Damn, that is a really dickish cookie type to bake for him. I mean, he is that cryptarch that only decodes your engrams, that's all. Posted Image

Am I missing/forgetting some back story about him that would explain why he gets such crappy The Dawning cookies?

#503 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:26 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 19 December 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

Wow, the cookies you make for Master Rahool - Burnt Edge Transits.

The recipe calls for two ingredients the do not successfully combine? Damn, that is a really dickish cookie type to bake for him. I mean, he is that cryptarch that only decodes your engrams, that's all. Posted Image

Am I missing/forgetting some back story about him that would explain why he gets such crappy The Dawning cookies?

It’s an Easter Egg of sorts I guess. Back in the early days of D2, the engrams he decoded had a much higher chance of giving you an Edge Transit than anything else, people posted images of their vault page filled with Edge Transits.

Edit: This was also back in the days of fixed rolls on weapons, so every single Edge Transit was exactly the same.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 19 December 2019 - 05:29 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#504 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Ah, cool. Yeah, I thought that was an odd (and kind of mean) cookie choice for him. Now it makes sense.

#505 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

So, I completed that Drifter quest where you either side with him or the Vanguard. I choose Vanguard, like the rest of you guardians. But I gotta say, the Drifter's tale that unfolds with the quest that follows shows that he isn't the complete pos you think he is from the start. Damn, that was some heart-string tugging when you listen to his recordings spread out all over the place. He has been put through the ringer and experienced a lot of misery. There's a strong case to be made for him having signs of PTSD. So where he has settled in, with his Gambit activities is rather nuanced and not so cut and dry in how he ended up there and acting the way he does. Damn though, in one of those recordings he tears into ghosts, some history there, whooboy. I wish all the story lines in D1/D2 were this good.

In other news, I've baked and delivered a cookie to every available NPC, even Xur. Now I have to bake like 25 more to complete that quest. I guess I can just keep spamming the cookie I have the most ingredients for and deliver them to the same NPC? Right now, for ingredients, I have more Vex Milk or Cabal Oil and Balanced Flavors or Multifaceted Flavors then anything else.

Oh, I also unlocked the Obelisks on the Tangled Shore and EDZ. Am I supposed to keep feeding them stuff?

[EDIT] Oh also started the Saint-14 quests. He appeared recently in the Tower (over in the hangar). Have you guys just listened to him banter? Do it some time. Just hang around and listen to him. He is hilarious.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 23 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

#506 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

I've completely avoided Saint-14 in the tower, I am worried if I speak to him, then the story quest to save him will get borked. I still have a quest step to do som crucible and Gambit before I can do the last story part.

#507 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostAptorian, on 23 December 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

I've completely avoided Saint-14 in the tower, I am worried if I speak to him, then the story quest to save him will get borked. I still have a quest step to do som crucible and Gambit before I can do the last story part.

I really enjoyed both the Saint-14 missions, and I quite like the signal upgrading (though not the tedious grinding for materials). Everything else, including the Sundial, I find meh.

#508 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:03 AM

Tried to do the Iron Banner / Lord Saladin quest. The one where you have steps to get kills with scout, then shotgun, then hand cannon. I made it through those. Now have to get kills with a rocket launcher. Not going to happen. Heavy ammo is just too rare to rack up the kills. I have a crap load of tokens that I can't turn in because Lord Saladin is quest only for that section of his menu screen. I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Iron Banner comes around again to turn the tokens in?

Also, the obelisk in the EDZ is glitched where you can't interact with it. I found a vid where a guy says to travel in to the spot in the Sludge and then ride your sparrow over. I did that and it worked the first time (I was able to activate it), but now it's back to being glitched and I can't do anything with it now, like get the menu to feed it the power up currency stuff and get bounties and such from it. The landing in the Sludge and then riding my sparrow over no longer seems to work. I hope Bungie will fix it.

I've been baking cookies as the essence totals reach the required number, but I doubt I'll complete that quest that upgrades a sparrow (I think?). It's asking for 150 treats baked I think. Also, the rewards you get for delivering the cookies are lame. So much dismantling, all the dismantling, dismantling in my sleep, dismantle the thought of dismantling.

#509 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

Just teleport to the same quick travel spot by the Obelisk again and again until you can interact with it. Supposedly it's caused by other people being near it.

Usually takes me 5-10 tried and then I can interact with it.

#510 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

I managed to do it by setting my PS4 clock back a day, and then I loaded in and no one was around so it worked (no idea if it actually had anything to do with me setting the clock back). This was after going to orbit and landing again like twenty times.

The rocket launcher part of the IB quest is, I agree, completely stupid. It means no one plays the objective but just camps around heavy. I’ve managed to get six so far from about a dozen games. If you play as a Titan, then use the void bubble subclass, and put the bubble down around the heavy spawn. I only play Warlock so I can’t do that, but think I might try putting down a Well of Radiance instead.

At least with the heavy ammo changes it means that if anyone on your team manages to get heavy, you have five seconds in which you can also pick it up.

#511 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:43 AM

I think with me starting up Death Stranding I'm going to quit Destiny for a while. Probably until what ever expansion releases around September. I've had my fill.

#512 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostAptorian, on 30 December 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

I think with me starting up Death Stranding I'm going to quit Destiny for a while. Probably until what ever expansion releases around September. I've had my fill.

Same actually. I’ve not been enthused at all really by this season. And now I have Death Stranding, Fallen Order, Plague Tale, and the whole Master Chief Collection to get through.

#513 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:49 PM

I'll keep the guardian battle for light alive. Naw not really, I think I've maxed what I'm interested in doing. I still don't have Forsaken and Shadowkeep, so other then grinding on the Dawning stuff available to everyone, there isn't much to do. I've got my pl up to 938. The Osiris sun dial / activate obelisk thing is boring and I doubt I'll try anything else with that. Have only activated the obelisk on Tangled Shore and EDZ and doubt I'll activate anymore. Also, grinding on that Iron Banner quest brings back why I have abondoned doing Crucible pvp altogether - it's all very uninspired, wash and repeat, boring maps tediousness.

I still have Nioh to continue and I just downloaded Titanfall 2 (free) so going to give that a try. And of course I'm a Borderlands fanboy so will probably grab any BL3 DLC as that continues to come out.

Off topic, but is Titanfall 2 any good? It's free, so no complaints here, but going to jump in soon, probably next weekend.

#514 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Titanfall 2s story campaign is awesome. It has some of the best story sequence/sections ever seen in a FPS game.

And the multiplayer is probably my favorite pvp ever. For some reason, both in TF 1 and 2, I just perform really well, despite being a mediocre pvp player normally. The speed and agility just feels really good.

#515 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

awesome possum and cool beans.

#516 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

Was bored over the weekend so jumped on for a few and activated another obelisk (this one on Nessus). Got a legacy legendary hand cannon as part of the activation quest/bounty. Seems like these legacy weapons are intrinsically tied to these obelisk activation requirements and some of the bounties tied to them. Are any of these legacy weapons any good? Are they worth grinding for? I think I missed them during the season/events when they were a pop-a-loppin' all over Destiny 2.

#517 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

Ok fellow guardians, the Dawning season has come to a close and it's time to take stock. So , what was your haul during this celebratory period? I think maybe I baked too many cookies then I really intended to. I know I baked and delivered enough to trip that quest to upgrade the sparrow to the next step, which was to bake and deliver even more, so I said 'eff that shit'. I activated the obelisks on Tangled Shore, EDZ, Mars and Nessus. They still haven't fixed the bug with the EDZ obelisk, so that was frustrating and I didn't really do much with it. Since I don't have Forsaken, Shadowkeep or the season pass, I am locked out of doing any more with the obelisks I think, like I don't think I can activate anymore (are there more?) for the rest of the planets. I know I am locked out of the Sundial quest to get that bitch'n exotic sidearm (Devil's Ruin? I think). With all the easy XP bonuses from the bounties, I was able to get my PL up to 950 and I didn't really play all that much. I think I spent a Saturday night for about 4 hours. Other then that, it was a sporadic hour or so here and there over the Dawning period.

Finally, I would like to say, I hope you all celebrated the light and were able to avoid the oozing, sloughing, purulent herpetic sores of Izzxtroliktoplathorp the Plague King.

#518 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 January 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Ok fellow guardians, the Dawning season has come to a close and it's time to take stock. So , what was your haul during this celebratory period? I think maybe I baked too many cookies then I really intended to. I know I baked and delivered enough to trip that quest to upgrade the sparrow to the next step, which was to bake and deliver even more, so I said 'eff that shit'. I activated the obelisks on Tangled Shore, EDZ, Mars and Nessus. They still haven't fixed the bug with the EDZ obelisk, so that was frustrating and I didn't really do much with it. Since I don't have Forsaken, Shadowkeep or the season pass, I am locked out of doing any more with the obelisks I think, like I don't think I can activate anymore (are there more?) for the rest of the planets. I know I am locked out of the Sundial quest to get that bitch'n exotic sidearm (Devil's Ruin? I think). With all the easy XP bonuses from the bounties, I was able to get my PL up to 950 and I didn't really play all that much. I think I spent a Saturday night for about 4 hours. Other then that, it was a sporadic hour or so here and there over the Dawning period.

Finally, I would like to say, I hope you all celebrated the light and were able to avoid the oozing, sloughing, purulent herpetic sores of Izzxtroliktoplathorp the Plague King.

There are only four obelisks, and I think as of this evening the Earth one is finally fixed. Unfortunately, so is Wish-Ender. The bow was doing triple damage unintentionally and basically acting like a heavy weapon but with primary ammo. It was awesome. And with its exotic perks of seeing through walls and even more extra damage against Taken, it was amazing in Gambit too. I used it to complete some quests previously out of my reach, like getting the Leviathan’s Breath bow and completing three Nightfalls while handicapped (solo) for the Truth quest. Unfortunately I didn’t have the time to go through the strike for Izanagi’s Burden or for Thorn :(

Wish-Ender finally felt worth the long, difficult quest to get it (which included defeating three Taken bosses at the same time, going through the Shattered Throne dungeon twice, and activating three other special bosses in there. I did all that solo and then put the bow in my vault till this past week.

The Smuggler’s Ruin sidearm is really fun, and feels like a gun straight out of Halo. I liked the ‘quest’ to get it too, a refreshing change of pace with no fighting involved.

Now a new ‘secret’ quest has started up which involves exploring the Corridors of Time maze. I immediately linked it to the symbols that you see lit up on the obelisks (I knew those would be linked to the symbols on the portals in the Corridors!) and followed that pattern till I got to a room with a tomb in the middle and a Vanguard symbol (I think) in front of it. I then received some Saint-14 lore. Apparently there’s another 18 of these according to the lore book, and I think the code on the obelisks changes. Another (very complex) pattern also appeared on the ground beneath me after I received the lore.

Edit: As for the Dawning - fuck that. So bad. It was mildly interesting last year but they literally copy pasted it for this year, then took out ALL the rewards and put them behind Eververse and made the sparrow both worse and harder to ‘fix’.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 17 January 2020 - 12:04 AM

#519 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

Damn, got on for a few over the weekend and I guess I'm locked of of doing any of the quests (Saint-14 most importantly) because I don't have Shadowkeep/season pass. Sucks. I was reading that one of the quests was quick and simple and you get an exotic at the end. Quick and simple is something that doesn't come to mind when thinking of D2 quests, so it would have been nice to have a go at that. Alas, guess I should pony up and purchase Shadowkeep.

#520 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Damn, got on for a few over the weekend and I guess I'm locked of of doing any of the quests (Saint-14 most importantly) because I don't have Shadowkeep/season pass. Sucks. I was reading that one of the quests was quick and simple and you get an exotic at the end. Quick and simple is something that doesn't come to mind when thinking of D2 quests, so it would have been nice to have a go at that. Alas, guess I should pony up and purchase Shadowkeep.

Yeah I think all the exotics are tied behind the season pass. That is, even if you purchase Shadowkeep I think you'll have to purchase this season on top of it in order to get the exotics and other stuff tied to this season (Season of Dawn).

I'm currently saying a long goodbye to Destiny, I don't intend to play once this season finishes, and I'm just trying to finish off some of the older quests I still have in my log. The season pass model, from a content perspective, has been extremely shallow and disappointing, and my playtime has essentially devolved into inventory management as the game showers you in pointless weapons and armour and not enough space to keep them in.

It also has more bugs than ever (there now seem to be permanently two or three exotic items which you're locked from using as they try and fix them), and PvP is both stale and seems to suffer from connection issues more than ever. It really does feel like Bungie's focus is on some other project.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users