• You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#521 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 February 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Damn, got on for a few over the weekend and I guess I'm locked of of doing any of the quests (Saint-14 most importantly) because I don't have Shadowkeep/season pass. Sucks. I was reading that one of the quests was quick and simple and you get an exotic at the end. Quick and simple is something that doesn't come to mind when thinking of D2 quests, so it would have been nice to have a go at that. Alas, guess I should pony up and purchase Shadowkeep.

Yeah I think all the exotics are tied behind the season pass. That is, even if you purchase Shadowkeep I think you'll have to purchase this season on top of it in order to get the exotics and other stuff tied to this season (Season of Dawn).

I'm currently saying a long goodbye to Destiny, I don't intend to play once this season finishes, and I'm just trying to finish off some of the older quests I still have in my log. The season pass model, from a content perspective, has been extremely shallow and disappointing, and my playtime has essentially devolved into inventory management as the game showers you in pointless weapons and armour and not enough space to keep them in.

It also has more bugs than ever (there now seem to be permanently two or three exotic items which you're locked from using as they try and fix them), and PvP is both stale and seems to suffer from connection issues more than ever. It really does feel like Bungie's focus is on some other project.

I've got a few quests to try and wrap up. Nothing all that much exciting tbh. I think one quest is where I need to keep grinding to purchase those doodads to display in Calus tribute hall or something (forget the specifics). Also have acquired more of those minty treats to give to the cat statues, so I guess I should try and locate more of those. I also have acquired material I really don't know what to do with, I guess I can investigate that. All in all, I will probably not play much D2 until they release free new content. Will there be a Crimson Days event this year coinciding with Valentine's Day like last year?

#522 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 February 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 04 February 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Damn, got on for a few over the weekend and I guess I'm locked of of doing any of the quests (Saint-14 most importantly) because I don't have Shadowkeep/season pass. Sucks. I was reading that one of the quests was quick and simple and you get an exotic at the end. Quick and simple is something that doesn't come to mind when thinking of D2 quests, so it would have been nice to have a go at that. Alas, guess I should pony up and purchase Shadowkeep.

Yeah I think all the exotics are tied behind the season pass. That is, even if you purchase Shadowkeep I think you'll have to purchase this season on top of it in order to get the exotics and other stuff tied to this season (Season of Dawn).

I'm currently saying a long goodbye to Destiny, I don't intend to play once this season finishes, and I'm just trying to finish off some of the older quests I still have in my log. The season pass model, from a content perspective, has been extremely shallow and disappointing, and my playtime has essentially devolved into inventory management as the game showers you in pointless weapons and armour and not enough space to keep them in.

It also has more bugs than ever (there now seem to be permanently two or three exotic items which you're locked from using as they try and fix them), and PvP is both stale and seems to suffer from connection issues more than ever. It really does feel like Bungie's focus is on some other project.

I've got a few quests to try and wrap up. Nothing all that much exciting tbh. I think one quest is where I need to keep grinding to purchase those doodads to display in Calus tribute hall or something (forget the specifics). Also have acquired more of those minty treats to give to the cat statues, so I guess I should try and locate more of those. I also have acquired material I really don't know what to do with, I guess I can investigate that. All in all, I will probably not play much D2 until they release free new content. Will there be a Crimson Days event this year coinciding with Valentine's Day like last year?

Yep. From what was announced today it will in fact be exactly the same, same rewards and everything. I did enjoy doubles in the Crucible though so looking forward to that.

Apparently for next season they’re completely reworking swords and how they work.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#523 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:19 PM

Looks like we're going to have an Osiris v Rasputin loyalty quest in the upcoming season (à la the Vanguard v The Drifter). So, who you guardians going to side with? I need to know more, but I am leaning towards Rasputin because Osiris is kind of lame and that DLC that introduced him was kind of crappy. I didn't get in early on the CoO DLC (got it for free in fact much later), but I know that was around the time when Bungie/Activision (pre breakup) was shitting the bed and pissing a lot of loyal players off, and the fact that the DLC wasn't all the great just magnified how inattentive they were to fans of the series during those dark times. Anyway, I'll get in on this when it drops and check it out. I hope there is enough for me to do, not having Forsaken-Shadowkeep-Season Pass.

#524 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:24 PM

Because I've been drooling over Baldur's Gate 3, I totally missed the info drop about the upcoming season in Destiny 2 (and other things they have in the pipeline). Any you guardians have the 411? I will sit patiently and listen intently, cross-legged at your feet as you pass on your knowledge about what you know. Is it worth getting excited about? to be ready to jump back in again? I think I heard something about "trials" returning? Please impart your wisdom on me, oh benevolent defenders of the light.

and may the vapors from the oozing, pusferiant ingrown toenail of Vizertharknaboar the Crestfallen never assault your olfactory sensors.

#525 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:33 PM

I'll wait for whatever expansion hopefully comes out in September or October.

#526 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:05 PM

Here's a graphic of what's coming this spring.

- Seraph Tower Event. Like Escalation Protocol, but with its own flavor?
- New Nightfall Strike difficulty. Probably above my pay grade, so will not even consider. Well, I'll investigate what it is, but yeah.
- Okay, there's the 'Trials' I caught in some blurbs.
- Guardian Games sounds intriguing. A new seasonal event or something different?
- Legendary bunkers sounds intriguing too. Probably something above my pay grade though.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 03 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

#527 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

Trials is a 3v3 elimination PvP mode which is active on weekends and was popular on Twitch streams in D1. Basically you have to try and win 7 matches in a row and you’ll gain access to an exclusive social space called the Lighthouse. At least that’s the way it worked in D1. I don’t think there’s any matchmaking so you have to have two other friends play it with you (and really, that’s the only way to win as communication is much more important in Trials than other Crucible modes if you’re ever going to get that 7-game streak).

Speaking of Crucible, in my continuing D2 swansong (I won’t be buying the upcoming season), I’ve just got Luna’s Howl and am one more Valor rank clear away from getting Redrix’s Broadsword. I’ve played so much PvP recently that my K/D has shot up from around 1.35 to 1.8.

#528 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:54 PM

Season of the Worthy kicks off today.

I'm going to jump on and give everything a comprehensive looksee. I briefly scanned through the patch notes. Aside from new quests, and game play, and pvp and other obvious entries to experience in this new season there have been some subtle 'quality of life' changes that I'm strongly interested in finding out what they are about. Any you guardians gonna have a go at Season of the Worthy soon? Are you worthy? Posted Image

#529 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:29 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 March 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

Season of the Worthy kicks off today.

I'm going to jump on and give everything a comprehensive looksee. I briefly scanned through the patch notes. Aside from new quests, and game play, and pvp and other obvious entries to experience in this new season there have been some subtle 'quality of life' changes that I'm strongly interested in finding out what they are about. Any you guardians gonna have a go at Season of the Worthy soon? Are you worthy? Posted Image

Nope, I won't be playing or getting the season pass. And from the looks of it, the D2 subreddit is saltier than ever from what they've encountered the first day (bunkers are obelisks again but with even more grind, legendary lost sectors are the same but have champions, the public event is not fun, only a handful of new guns with lots of old guns returning, and a terrible perk pool. Lots of people also getting very angry about the emblems being reworked with no notice, ostensibly so that you can put whatever stat on whatever emblem you want, but actually they got rid of the vast majority of stats which you could track and reset to zero lots of other ones - not something I particularly care about but Reddit sure does).

BUT

The Whisper mission is currently bugged so that all enemies are absolutely melted in a milisecond by whatever gun you use. If you haven't got Whisper of the Worm I totally recommend doing it now. It's a great mission and this is the easiest it will ever be to do it solo, though it is a very cheesy method. But Whisper of the Worm is an excellent exotic.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 11 March 2020 - 01:31 PM

#530 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

Not having Forsaken, Shadowkeep or Season Pass, I expect to be locked out of most of it. Haven't been in yet, but I quickly read about the emblem changes. I don't care about those but not surprised people are upset. I hope they stay with the trend of eventually making the DLC free. I'm hoping to grab Forsaken/Shadowkeep for $0 around Sept/Oct sometime.

Good to know about Whisper of the Worm, it will be something for me to go for.

#531 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

Question for you Guardians: Do I need the latest season to do the Fourth Horseman Exotic Quest?

I went to the secret vault that is reached from Zavala's office. There were some other players who were in the vault at the time, and so I thought that is why I couldn't collect the item that starts the quest, so I exited to orbit, went back to the Tower and tried again (this time no other players were there) and I still couldn't find the doo-dad that initiates the quest. I looked up a video on youtube and I am at the exact spot where it should be. So, am I out of luck, because I don't have the latest season?

A funny aside: when I was in the vault, looking around, I saw another player on the outside (there's a large window to view in, from the passage outside). I guess he/she couldn't figure out how to get in. I was messing with him and blasting him with emotes and dancing around. I coud tell he was getting frustrated; he was frantically darting around. I hit him with the sad horn, the popcorn and an arrogant dance routine.

#532 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

Yes you need to purchase the season.

#533 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Damn, I figured that was the deal... but I was holding out hope.

I'm annoyed at how D2 paid content teases you, but then you can't progress any further. I was able to get a taste for the new bunker thing, but once I completed the first step of the quest I can't progress any further unless I purchase the season. Boooooooo!

#534 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:06 PM

Did the 'Ace of Spades' quest line...which is funny because I'm about double the light level recommended for it now...but because I hadn't finished it initially when Forsaken came out (got through the initial barons, but not the final two or anything else)...and for whatever reason Bungie reset everything when Shadowkeep came out, so I lost ALL my initial progress. So had to start again....that said, it took me only about 2 evenings to complete the whole shebang. The hand cannon precision kills in crucible were especially forgiving, it only took 2 matches to get 25 precision head shot kills, and I suck with a hand cannon normally. The funny thins was in the last match about halfway through we were losing fairly badly when the quest line completed I swapped to my normal auto rifle and brought the team back to win...the other side was...rage full.

Anyways, worth it. Sweet to have this exotic.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#535 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:41 PM

Truth.

When they put out Shadowkeep and the Season of the Dawn, and the PL max went way up, I was able to complete heroic quests on various planets that I could not even barley touch before. Picked up a lot of cool gear because of that. Man, I'm jonesin' for when they put out Shadowkeep for free. Haven't played for some time now. This latest season is crap and I have pretty much done all that I can do (being on vanilla D2 with free DLC up to Forsaken). Got barely a weekend of play out of the new season.

#536 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Goddamn the tryhards in Iron Banner irritate me.

That whole event is always try hards, solo randoms, and teams of Trial Of Osiris assholes. So you either get enough decent solo people with you to win, or you get dominated by teams of twitch streamers...

Also, when the hell did it become a thing to make a quest line to get shit from IB? Get Hand Cannon final shots? Fuuuuuuuuck you.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#537 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:25 PM

The hand canon step is not that hard actually. It's the the step following it, racking up kills with a rocket launcher, that is a bitch, especially when you are in a game where everyone is trying to complete that step as well and they are camping out by the heavy ammo spot. I lost interest and never finished it. Which is annoying because when I visit Lord Saladin, I only ever get that quest in his menu and can't turn in the butt-load of tokens I've attained from playing Iron Banner matches. Maybe they have changed that? I haven't played Iron Banner since the Season of the Dawn.

#538 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 16 April 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

The hand canon step is not that hard actually. It's the the step following it, racking up kills with a rocket launcher, that is a bitch, especially when you are in a game where everyone is trying to complete that step as well and they are camping out by the heavy ammo spot. I lost interest and never finished it. Which is annoying because when I visit Lord Saladin, I only ever get that quest in his menu and can't turn in the butt-load of tokens I've attained from playing Iron Banner matches. Maybe they have changed that? I haven't played Iron Banner since the Season of the Dawn.

They removed the rocket launcher requirement a while ago.

#539 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:05 PM

Damn, wish I was paying attention, I would have tried to finsih that quest, but I'm guessing they replaced the rocket launcher step with something near as frustrating (like 20 kills with a bow or something). Is Iron Banner still live?

I see they are having "Guardian Games" event starting next week, which I think will replace "The Revelry" event they had last year. A bummer, imo, I sort of enjoyed The Revelry. Didn't they have Guardian Games at some other previous time? I sort of vaguely remember it. I will probably get on and check out what things there are are to do. I don't have any expectations it will be for more then a Saturday evening of investigation and play time from me. I'm still only rocking with vanilla D2 w/ free dlc-expansions.

#540 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:30 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 17 April 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

Damn, wish I was paying attention, I would have tried to finsih that quest, but I'm guessing they replaced the rocket launcher step with something near as frustrating (like 20 kills with a bow or something). Is Iron Banner still live?

I see they are having "Guardian Games" event starting next week, which I think will replace "The Revelry" event they had last year. A bummer, imo, I sort of enjoyed The Revelry. Didn't they have Guardian Games at some other previous time? I sort of vaguely remember it. I will probably get on and check out what things there are are to do. I don't have any expectations it will be for more then a Saturday evening of investigation and play time from me. I'm still only rocking with vanilla D2 w/ free dlc-expansions.

No, it’s a new event they haven’t done before.

Well, I say new, but it’s going to be pretty much the same as other free events. Complete bounties, collect something, give it in, get a weapon at the end. Probably go to the Infinite Forest as you would have done for Revelry. The twist is that the classes are competing against each other and your class item changes colour depending on what position your class is in on that day. So...remember when they said they didn’t want to bring back faction rallies? This sounds like a faction rally to me.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users