• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#461 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:31 AM

Malankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Some of the exotics I've received for completing quests have been disappointing, imo. What is a good exotic to go for (solo quest)? For someone who has DLC up to Black Armoury, but not Forsaken or Shadowkeep?

Hard to remember which ones come from where!

The Black Armory ones are all great, actually. Jotunn (huge punch one-shot kill fusion rifle AND it tracks targets, it's infuriating to come up against in Crucible); Le Monarque bow (poison arrows); and Izanagi's Burden sniper rifle (but kinda hard to get solo, I'm still working on it myself, got to finish the final mission).

If you haven't done the Riskrunner or Thunderlord quests definitely do those, both of those are still among the best exotics in the game (Riskrunner is my favourite).

Whisper of the Worm can be done solo, but again it is pretty damn tricky. But it is a magnificent sniper if you do get it.

The exotic sword from Mars (Wordline Zero I think it's called) is pretty nifty (as far as swords go, you can use it to teleport), and fairly easy to get, though a bit grindy.

Speaking of Mars, definitely get the exotic scout rifle from the Ana Bray quest there. Now that scout rifles have been buffed, it's pretty great (especially once you get the catalyst, which drops randomly from activities, think I got mine in the Crucible).

Last Word can be got quite easily solo, and it's a cool weapon to use (it's got very unique animations), though maybe not all that useful.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#462 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

Khellendros, on 21 November 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

Malankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Some of the exotics I've received for completing quests have been disappointing, imo. What is a good exotic to go for (solo quest)? For someone who has DLC up to Black Armoury, but not Forsaken or Shadowkeep?

Hard to remember which ones come from where!

The Black Armory ones are all great, actually. Jotunn (huge punch one-shot kill fusion rifle AND it tracks targets, it's infuriating to come up against in Crucible); Le Monarque bow (poison arrows); and Izanagi's Burden sniper rifle (but kinda hard to get solo, I'm still working on it myself, got to finish the final mission).

If you haven't done the Riskrunner or Thunderlord quests definitely do those, both of those are still among the best exotics in the game (Riskrunner is my favourite).

Whisper of the Worm can be done solo, but again it is pretty damn tricky. But it is a magnificent sniper if you do get it.

The exotic sword from Mars (Wordline Zero I think it's called) is pretty nifty (as far as swords go, you can use it to teleport), and fairly easy to get, though a bit grindy.

Speaking of Mars, definitely get the exotic scout rifle from the Ana Bray quest there. Now that scout rifles have been buffed, it's pretty great (especially once you get the catalyst, which drops randomly from activities, think I got mine in the Crucible).

Last Word can be got quite easily solo, and it's a cool weapon to use (it's got very unique animations), though maybe not all that useful.

Yeah, I got both Riskrunner and Thunderlord. I remember at one time, everyone was rocking the Riskrunner in PvP. It got annoying and I'm sort of a contrarian on those types of things and so refused to use it, because everyone (and their sister) were using it. Got my ass handed to me though because lazy, shitty Crucible players can tally up the kills with it.

I somewhat, tangentially came across the Whisper of the Worm quest, but I kind of remember it required doing a jumping puzzle type navigation and I really didn't want to be bothered by messing with that at the time, so moved on. I'll have to re-visit that to see if it's something I will have patience for (to try again).

The exotic scout rifle you mention from Ana Bray has really got my attention. Scouts are some of my favorite weapons in the game. I like the mid-range (to almost sniper distance) they offer, along with precision and control and firing. I love rocking a scout rifle on some of the Crucible maps and just setting up across from a choke point and handing out hair cuts and popping lids off mofos who have the misfortune to step into my site.Posted Image

Thanks for the debrief on what is worthwhile to pursue! I've got some things to investigate now!

#463 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

Damn, Black Friday deals are being announced and looks like Forsaken and Shadowkeep are going to be discounted 40%. I may have to pull the trigger. I'm conflicted though, because I want to hold strong to my principles and have the bragging rights to claim I only ever paid for vanilla Destiny 2. I mean, in about a year, Shadowkeep will probably be free right? And Forsaken even sooner than that, probably, right?

#464 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

The game is seasonal, the core player base flocks to the latest content. If you want to enjoy it the most you should get on board now while there's still plenty of people doing the hive waves in Sorrow's Harbor or doing nightmare hunts for example.

#465 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

In other news I decided to finally give competitive crucible a go. I wanted to earn the required glory for that handful of quests I've got, specifically for the submachine gun.

Anyway, I swear there's an algorithm fucking with me. I keep winning one round and then I'll go on a losing streak if I play more rounds.

I guess I'll just stick to a couple rounds a night. Almost reached 2100 now.

#466 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

Aptorian, on 26 November 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

In other news I decided to finally give competitive crucible a go. I wanted to earn the required glory for that handful of quests I've got, specifically for the submachine gun.

Anyway, I swear there's an algorithm fucking with me. I keep winning one round and then I'll go on a losing streak if I play more rounds.

I guess I'll just stick to a couple rounds a night. Almost reached 2100 now.

That’s what I do, three games a week, which is enough to earn bonus glory at the next reset. Think I’m either Fabled III or Mythic I now.

#467 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

Saw an update yesterday that suggests the next season, Season of Dawn begins Dec. 10th. They're doing a reveal on the 4th.

#468 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:59 AM

Reached exactly 2100 glory yesterday and got the Recluse. So that's out of the way.

Also Forged my tenth legendary weapon frame and unlocked the black Armory exotic bow and fusion rifle.

I think I'm gonna focus on some of the season 8 quests for strikes and Gambit next. Not sure if these will disappear if I don't do them before Season of Dawn launches.

#469 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:37 AM

Aptorian, on 29 November 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Reached exactly 2100 glory yesterday and got the Recluse. So that's out of the way.

Also Forged my tenth legendary weapon frame and unlocked the black Armory exotic bow and fusion rifle.

I think I'm gonna focus on some of the season 8 quests for strikes and Gambit next. Not sure if these will disappear if I don't do them before Season of Dawn launches.

They will. Not the weapon quests, but the shader + emblem quests will go away. I’ve almost completed the Gambit one, but the Vanguard one is ridiculous. The void, solar and arc kills are just dumb. I’m on the second step, where you have to get 650 melee or solar ability kills. After that I’d still have to get 900 arc ability or super kills. The only way to do it without investing dozens of hours is to cheese it, load solo into a nightfall which starts in a public area and go and repeatedly farm lost sectors instead.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 29 November 2019 - 09:37 AM

#470 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:13 AM

Khellendros, on 29 November 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

The only way to do it without investing dozens of hours is to cheese it, load solo into a nightfall which starts in a public area and go and repeatedly farm lost sectors instead.

Exactly what I was planning.

#471 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

Finally got around to getting the javelin kills on Mars for that quest (forget the name). Yeah, the javelins are made available when the public event with the warsat on Mars goes active. Also, attaining the Rasputin Armory Code thingy will give you javelins when you use it during Escalation Protocol to unlock them.

Now I am actively trying to find sleeper nodes for another quest. Which is a pain due to generating a new key and deciphering where the node is located and then finding it.

I was looking through my inventory, damn I have a lot of crap. I have an Expired Ramen Coupon from must be waaaay back. I'm not sure what to do with it. It only gives me the option to discard it, but I was wondering if I can use it for anything or is its utility from a bygone era, long since past? I might keep it just for the novelty of it.

#472 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:20 AM

I believe you get the ramen coupon after Cayed died. There's no use for it but I put it in my vault, for safekeeping.

#473 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

Malankazooie, on 02 December 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Finally got around to getting the javelin kills on Mars for that quest (forget the name). Yeah, the javelins are made available when the public event with the warsat on Mars goes active. Also, attaining the Rasputin Armory Code thingy will give you javelins when you use it during Escalation Protocol to unlock them.

Now I am actively trying to find sleeper nodes for another quest. Which is a pain due to generating a new key and deciphering where the node is located and then finding it.

I was looking through my inventory, damn I have a lot of crap. I have an Expired Ramen Coupon from must be waaaay back. I'm not sure what to do with it. It only gives me the option to discard it, but I was wondering if I can use it for anything or is its utility from a bygone era, long since past? I might keep it just for the novelty of it.

Sometimes when you discard expired items, it gives something as a refund (shards, materials, dust, etc.), I have no idea if that would be the case with that item.

The sleeper nodes are an absolute pain, and bad quest design. There's no built-in protection against duplication - so you might get a node that you've already discovered (in fact, you definitely will, some seem to come up way more frequently than others). Luckily, for the Sleeper Simulant quest, you don't need all of them, so it's possible with only a bit of frustration. Pro tip: where you activate the key does affect which node it tells you to go to. Generally, it will link to a node which is towards the opposite end of Mars from where you activated the key, and it will never link to a node in the same area. So if there's an area (like Olympus Descent for me) where you constantly get nodes, activate the key there and it will send you to another part of the map. That's the only sort-of protection from duplication there is.

#474 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

Hunh, så those nodes lead to the Sleeper Simulant. I should get around to finishing that quest then I think.

#475 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

Ok, I need help with a decision the Drifter is giving me. So, as a background, it's no secret the story of the Drifter has him considered a subversive element in the Tower who is propagating sedition and treachery with his personal pursuits (i.e. Gambit). And it's no secret that some of the primary NPCs that have been with you from the start *cough-Zavala-*coughcough* would like to seem him rooted out and dealt with.

Now, I'm at a point with the Drifter where he is giving me a choice. One that will benefit the Drifter and hurt my standing with Zavala and the Vanguard, and valorous precepts. Or I can turn down the Drifter's offer and choose the other and stay in good standing with the Vanguard. So I was wondering, what did you guardians choose and what are the pros and cons of choosing one over the other?

#476 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

I picked Vanguard. The drifter is a piece of shit.

#477 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

Well, I'm worried if I choose the option to side with the Drifter it will mean more Gambit leaning pursuits. While I like Gambit, it is sort of novelty for me, and not something I want to dominate my game play. Whereas Vanguard is Strikes and such, and I prefer those over Gambit.

I love the start of Gambit as the two teams are looking across from each other. It's a great time to show off those emotes you've racked up. One guy directly across from me pulled out one I rarely see - he started breaking dancing and was spinning on his hands. I pulled out the tried and true sad horn and blasted away at his posturing, but I gotta secretly admit, I was impressed.

#478 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:44 PM

I picked Vanguard as well, for the simple reason that you can only get all of the lore associated with that quest line if you pick the Vanguard.

The outcome is pretty much the same whatever you pick, you get slightly different rewards. I suppose the best bit is that the Drifter treats you slightly differently in Gambit commentary when you're playing afterward depending on which side you picked.

#479 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:15 PM

I guess I'll go the Vanguard option too. Although there is a rebellious streak in me that wants to go the Drifter option. BTW, the Drifter's cut scene before every Gambit match was sort of amusing at first, even funny, but now I'm kind of tired of hearing his Matthew McConaughey impression of "alright alright alright". His little magic trick is kind of cute though.

https://www.youtube....h?v=PBd-0cbyGqg

Season of the Dawn reveal coming tomorrow.

#480 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:00 PM

Trailer Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic