• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#541 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:56 PM

I could swear I remember something like it before. I sort of remember it coinciding with the last summer Olympics. I will play a couple rounds of the Infinite Forest if they bring that back. I get bored of it quick though.

#542 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:42 PM

So IB continued to be either 6Stacks of sweaty Hard Light spammers (seriously, TEAMS of them with the same load out because of the ricochet power of the meme gun), or PC cross play hackers. The cross play hackers are so easy to spot, teleporting snipers around with wallhacks for targeting or aim assist... and I even encountered some lag pirates (Like unloading an entire Sweet Business clip into them and no damage)...but yeah, it's bad enough that there was an article in Forbes yesterday about it, with a bunch fo high profile streamers and players talking quitting the game unless Bungie addresses this.

Why can't they just install Valorant to chase/prevent these fuckers from cheating? It made IB (something I SO enjoyed in the past) almost unplayable. Also, having PC hacker/cheaters T-bag you while cheating...bro...get a fucking life.

I managed to get a fair number of wins either way because randoms in IB are always pretty good and know how to play...occasionally icing those 6-stack hard light players in repeated matches to the point they would collectively bail instead of going up against us again...which felt pretty sweet. You watch the numbers for the next match drop by EXACTLY their number...I would LOL at them and say "Awww...did we beat your little team of meme guns?"
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#543 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:11 PM

Destiny doesn’t have cross-play. Cross-save, yes, cross-play no. On console, what looks like cheating is usually lag, though sometimes deliberate.

But it does seem that Bungie we’re unprepared for the level of cheating in the PC/Steam environment.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#544 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:29 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 22 April 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

Destiny doesn’t have cross-play. Cross-save, yes, cross-play no. On console, what looks like cheating is usually lag, though sometimes deliberate.

But it does seem that Bungie we’re unprepared for the level of cheating in the PC/Steam environment.

Are you sure? I was fairly certain I was running into the exact complaints about it from the PC angles. If not then the cheaters on console are getting creative, or more prevalent. I've never had such a shitty time playing this game than the last week for IB....before that I was in PVP every single time playing for a month and having fun with zero cheaters...but it was RIFE during IB, and constant.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#545 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 April 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

Are you sure? I was fairly certain I was running into the exact complaints about it from the PC angles. If not then the cheaters on console are getting creative, or more prevalent. I've never had such a shitty time playing this game than the last week for IB....before that I was in PVP every single time playing for a month and having fun with zero cheaters...but it was RIFE during IB, and constant.

100%. The PC and console versions of Destiny are fundamentally different from each other (e.g. the former is 60fps and the latter 30fps) and would not play nicely together in any way.

I haven’t played D2 in over a month (and have no plans to go back) but it seems like the bugs, problems, and issues with it have reached an all-time high.

#546 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:04 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 22 April 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 April 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

100%. The PC and console versions of Destiny are fundamentally different from each other (e.g. the former is 60fps and the latter 30fps) and would not play nicely together in any way.

I haven’t played D2 in over a month (and have no plans to go back) but it seems like the bugs, problems, and issues with it have reached an all-time high.

Ah okay. I didn’t know that. Yeah it’s got mega problems right now.

#547 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

Scanned quickly a link about the Guardian Games event... eh, it's basically bounties, like a shit-ton of bounties (and only bounties) with some quests structured around it. No Infinite Forest. Umm, yeah, I'll still get on and check things out, but this sounds like there isn't much fun to be had, unless bounty grinding is your thing.

#548 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

Played against a whole team of Sweats (a geometric triangle symbol for their team name) and they spent a whole match barely hanging on against a bunch of us randoms.... and in the end lost to us because they got cocky in the last seconds not realizing one of us still had their super available. They lost by ONE point. LOL

So then they stay on and play us again...and again they BARELY hang on throughout the match and beats us by like 2 points in the end. And they TEABAG the last guy they killed to eek out the win. And then they fuck off from the next match en masse.

If there was ever a clear and present example of the WORST people who play this game (who don't exploit)...it's people who have a team of six sweaty players, and are OBVIOUSLY on chatter with each other (we clearly aren't as a bunch of random solos) who can't hold on...and get so petulant about a loss that they teabag you after eeking out a 2point win from you and then take the ball and run away so there is no chance you beat them a second time.

It.

Was.

Hilarious.

I live for idiots like that.

#549 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:32 AM

I haven't been in D2 for quite awhile now. Jumped on when this Season of the Worthy started and then checked out the completely disappointing Guardian Games event. I read that there seems to be something ominous building. I think this season is coming to an end soon. Is this vibe advancing towards something big coming? The next season? or some bigger DLC coming in the autumn? What say you, oh Guardians of stoic vigilance?

. . . . and may you never find yourself passing through the flatulence vapor of Borschtizzfloobzak the Shambling Cloaca.

#550 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

I just read a link that substantiates something is coming. I don't really understand it, but it seems like a new way that Bungie is introducing new story content in a GaaS model. Said it was akin to what Fortnite does, which I have no knowledge of. In any event, seems like something new to investigate? Will it be locked behind season pass subscription / Shadowkeep paywall?

If a Cardi B huge hologram drops in and does a live concert in the EDZ and twerks a big booty bounce in front of the church where Devrim Kay resides I will lose my mind.

#551 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:46 AM

Guardians: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1407994

#552 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:10 PM

Any you Guardians logged in right now watching the live event? I guess it is happening right now 1800 UTC. This live event must be the 'Fortnite' - like thing that was coming. "Fortnite-like" in that this is a new approach for Bungie and something that Fornite has made popular (e.g. Travis Scott concert). Bungie has never done anything like this before, right? I will have to watch a video replay of the event.

#553 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

No idea what this event you're talking about is. I heard there's supposed to be a year 3 reveal next week though?

#554 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

I was really hoping for a concert featuring a large Cardi B hologram doing a booty bounce in the EDZ (see up thread).Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#555 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:13 PM

Oh shit. That live event is actually pretty significant.

https://www.eurogame...ive-event-today

I kinda want to jump back in tomorrow and see what happened to the tower.

#556 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:20 AM

Did a quick check in this morning. There was some damage at the Tower but nothing big. I actually think I'm not seeing the impact of the almighty because I haven't played the storyline first.

I'm gonna stay strong and wait until September before playing again.

#557 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

View PostAptorian, on 07 June 2020 - 06:20 AM, said:

Did a quick check in this morning. There was some damage at the Tower but nothing big. I actually think I'm not seeing the impact of the almighty because I haven't played the storyline first.

I'm gonna stay strong and wait until September before playing again.

Nope, that was the whole impact (I think there’s also a crater now at the back, if you turn around from where you first spawn in and look toward the mountains. I mean, in fairness, the point was to STOP the Almighty from hitting.

#558 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:27 AM

But that's the confusing part. It still hit Earth, right? Isn't the Almighty enormous? Like the size of a small moon? Even if Rasputin blew it up, that's still a billion billion tons of metal crashing into Earth. That should be cataclysmic.

#559 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostAptorian, on 07 June 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

But that's the confusing part. It still hit Earth, right? Isn't the Almighty enormous? Like the size of a small moon? Even if Rasputin blew it up, that's still a billion billion tons of metal crashing into Earth. That should be cataclysmic.

Space magic.

#560 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

Cardi B's cheeks deflected it.

<><><><><><><>

In other news. So Guardians, big announcement this week. What do you think it can be? New season? Teasing new DLC coming Sept.? None of it I will purchase as per usual. I love being vanilla D2 stalwart, and picking up add-ons when they become free. Hoping if there is a Sept. new expansion, Shadowkeep will be made free to download. I aint playing that sucker game where they package the add-ons together prior to the new expansion, only to make them free a month later. I would have been hot about that one... dummies.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users