• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#421 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 November 2019 - 04:05 AM

I did a lot of cleaning up yesterday in the quests. I'm down to "only" two and a half pages.

I've been working on doing the daily tribute hall quests to increase the discounts.

Working on handcanon crucible matches. Might start grinding glory eventually.

Also unlocked the Halloween assault riffle. It's pretty good middle to long range in crucible. Don't think I'm ever going to get past the 7th level in the haunted forest.

By the way, if you haven't found it, Eris Morn has a Halloween quest that starts with chocolate raisins that you gift to the spider who then gives you a gift to another quest giver, etc. Not sure what the payoff will be but I feel like I've visited almost every planet or area now.

#422 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

View PostAptorian, on 04 November 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

I did a lot of cleaning up yesterday in the quests. I'm down to "only" two and a half pages.

I've been working on doing the daily tribute hall quests to increase the discounts.

Working on handcanon crucible matches. Might start grinding glory eventually.

Also unlocked the Halloween assault riffle. It's pretty good middle to long range in crucible. Don't think I'm ever going to get past the 7th level in the haunted forest.

By the way, if you haven't found it, Eris Morn has a Halloween quest that starts with chocolate raisins that you gift to the spider who then gives you a gift to another quest giver, etc. Not sure what the payoff will be but I feel like I've visited almost every planet or area now.

You should definitely start trying to get glory, especially through the solo competitive playlist. It is incredibly easy to go up the ranks now. I reached Fabled just by playing three matches a week this season and now I finally have The Recluse SMG, the current best gun in the whole game. The thing is insane, it shreds through anything, and is very easy to control for an SMG as well.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#423 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

And use the new Momentum Control mode to grind out any PVP gun-related parts of quests - bullet damage has been increased in that mode, which means everyone dies much quicker. Lots of people are currently using it to get through the Scout Rifle kills for the new Crucible gun, but I’m using it to finally make some headway in getting The Mountaintop grenade launcher, for which you need a load of double kills and 3 kills with a GL without dying.

#424 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

I was running momentum all day yesterday. It definitely makes handcanon progress easier. Don't want to bother with scout riffles. They're not satisfying to me.

Is the recluse just a drop at a certain thresholds? I've not seen any quests for it.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 04 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

#425 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

View PostAptorian, on 04 November 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I was running momentum all day yesterday. It definitely makes handcanon progress easier. Don't want to bother with scout riffles. They're not satisfying to me.

Is the recluse just a drop at a certain thresholds? I've not seen any quests for it.

Yeah all you need to do is reach Fabled I rank in comp, nothing else as far as I remember. You pick up the quest from Shaxx I think. I definitely had it as a quest on my quest page.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

#426 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:02 AM

Do you want to take a shot at the heroic arms dealer quest for the exotic bow this week? I've had two tries at it so far and both times we kept wiping on the last stage of the bossfight.

#427 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:15 PM

View PostAptorian, on 04 November 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Do you want to take a shot at the heroic arms dealer quest for the exotic bow this week? I've had two tries at it so far and both times we kept wiping on the last stage of the bossfight.

Sure! I’ve totally forgotten about that quest as I struggle to catch up with weekly bounties having been absent for a week (this game is unhealthy). I think I still need to get precision kills with a bow.

Also, I’ve somehow managed to unlock 13 mods on the artifact. I don’t know how. It says I have -1 mod unlocks available.

#428 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 November 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 November 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Quick question for you guys. Is Xur still a thing? I remember with D1 he'd appear every Friday in the Tower, and be there through the weekend. I know they incorporated him in D2, but he could show up anywhere, peddling his wares. I remember early on playing D2, I found him, but I haven't heard a peep about him in, like, forever. I generally became disinterested in him, but was wondering if he still makes an appearance, selling stuff.

Yep, he’s in a cave on Io till the Monday reset. He sells year 1 and year 2 exotics. He sells four exotics every weekend, and also a fated engram, which will drop a random exotic you don’t have already.

He also has a quest line now based around the Nine, the Emissary, and the Drifter, though I’m not sure if you can access that if you’re free-to-play only. It’s pretty cool lore-wise, and you learn who/what Xur is and even why he hunches.

Actually, according to the Where is Xur website, he's on the flying barge on Nessus.

I just check Where is Xur during the weekend and buy what ever I don't own.

Got a kickass exotic pulse rifle this weekend that fires 5 rounds per trigger pull.

Compared to running around with a handcanon, this thing feels like a monster. Normally, using Ariana's Vow I'd feel lucky to get out of a fight with another player. With the pulse rifle I've murdered an entire fireteam.

#429 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

Well, I sought out Xur for the side mission. I need Forsaken, so locked out of doing that. I then went to Eris Morn, I got the box of raisins for that cute little Festival of the Lost quest, but then found out I need to visit someone named Spider to advance the quest foward. Well, come to find out Spider is an NPC introduced in Forsaken.

So for you guardians who have all the new freshness, can I buy Forsaken separately (at hopefully a deep discount) or do I have to purchase the full Shadowkeep DLC to do these?

#430 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

I'd imagine they're bundling it all but check the PS4 store or what ever.

It's worth the price. You'll get the season pass for free as well.

#431 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 November 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well, I sought out Xur for the side mission. I need Forsaken, so locked out of doing that. I then went to Eris Morn, I got the box of raisins for that cute little Festival of the Lost quest, but then found out I need to visit someone named Spider to advance the quest foward. Well, come to find out Spider is an NPC introduced in Forsaken.

So for you guardians who have all the new freshness, can I buy Forsaken separately (at hopefully a deep discount) or do I have to purchase the full Shadowkeep DLC to do these?

I think you can stil speak to Spider? Not sure how it works, but I’d be surprised if you couldn’t. There should be an icon for him on the map when you land on the Tangled Shore.

But Apt is right, if you’re thinking of getting Forsaken you might as well get the whole lot.

#432 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:13 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 05 November 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 05 November 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

I think you can stil speak to Spider? Not sure how it works, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't. There should be an icon for him on the map when you land on the Tangled Shore.

But Apt is right, if you're thinking of getting Forsaken you might as well get the whole lot.

I'll have to check about Spider. I just assumed that if this character was introduced in the Forsaken DLC, I wouldn't have access to him, so haven't even attempted to find him.

I might pull the trigger on purchasing Shadowkeep. I'm still sitting on the fence though and mulling it over. (assumption is the Forsaken DLC is bundled with it. I'll have to check. If I have to purchase Forsaken separately, I'll probably wait).

#433 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

Got to branch 8 in the Forest. It’s so RNG-based. The best tactic I’ve found is to run through the Forest ignoring all enemies till you find Daemons, as those count for loads towards the 100%. But you have to hope you come across them quickly. My randoms team was doing so well till we got to seven branches, and then we ran through about five gates without coming across a single Daemon, which completely blew our branch 9 hopes.

#434 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

Had a weird encounter on the tangled shore. Came across a ??? quest I've never seen before asking me to prove my worth. I ended up in a large cavern fighting three taken bosses and a swarm of taken minions. Got damn close to clearing them a few times but I did not prove my worth.

I wonder what the quest's purpose is.

#435 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostAptorian, on 06 November 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

Had a weird encounter on the tangled shore. Came across a ??? quest I've never seen before asking me to prove my worth. I ended up in a large cavern fighting three taken bosses and a swarm of taken minions. Got damn close to clearing them a few times but I did not prove my worth.

Haha, it’s part of the quest you picked up in the Shattered Throne when we ran it together. If you beat those three bosses you get three tokens which you have to take back to the Shattered Throne and battle three more bosses in various locations. I beat the ??? quest first time (I also had no idea what it was, and I just got super lucky), but the three bosses in the dungeon took me ages on my own, particularly the last one, which is an ogre in the same room where that invincible ogre is.

If you do all that and return to the statue, you get the Wish-Ender bow, which can see enemies through walls, and it’s the only thing which can destroy those eggs scattered around the Dreaming City.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 06 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

#436 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:25 AM

There’s a lore entry which says that a Guardian of 999 Power who beats Shattered Throne and kills the final boss in a solo fireteam will end the curse on the Dreaming City.

Some insane person actually reached 999 Power yesterday, and then soloed the Shattered Throne (with a few cheeses to skip the most difficult parts). Of course, nothing happened.

Or did it? In the Last Wish raid, there’s a ‘wishing wall’ where you can enter codes for one of 15 different ‘wishes’ (like teleport to a specific encounter in the raid, or have funny noises play when killing enemies). Except no one ever found the 15th and last wish. Now supposedly some data miners have noticed a 15th wish unspecified update.

It’s all really dumb, and yet I’m enjoying it nonetheless :)

#437 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:50 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 06 November 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 06 November 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

Haha, it’s part of the quest you picked up in the Shattered Throne when we ran it together. If you beat those three bosses you get three tokens which you have to take back to the Shattered Throne and battle three more bosses in various locations. I beat the ??? quest first time (I also had no idea what it was, and I just got super lucky), but the three bosses in the dungeon took me ages on my own, particularly the last one, which is an ogre in the same room where that invincible ogre is.

If you do all that and return to the statue, you get the Wish-Ender bow, which can see enemies through walls, and it’s the only thing which can destroy those eggs scattered around the Dreaming City.

Aha. I was wondering where it came from because I've been in that area dozens of times.

I actually tried inviting you to a fireteam a couple times because I saw you were online. Hoped you could spawn in and help me nuke them.

BY THE WAY, KHELL YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE CLAN! My invites to an active clan are running out!

View PostKhellendros, on 07 November 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

There’s a lore entry which says that a Guardian of 999 Power who beats Shattered Throne and kills the final boss in a solo fireteam will end the curse on the Dreaming City.

Some insane person actually reached 999 Power yesterday, and then soloed the Shattered Throne (with a few cheeses to skip the most difficult parts). Of course, nothing happened.

Or did it? In the Last Wish raid, there’s a ‘wishing wall’ where you can enter codes for one of 15 different ‘wishes’ (like teleport to a specific encounter in the raid, or have funny noises play when killing enemies). Except no one ever found the 15th and last wish. Now supposedly some data miners have noticed a 15th wish unspecified update.

It’s all really dumb, and yet I’m enjoying it nonetheless :)

Yes, I love this kind of stuff. It adds a ton of mystery to the world. Locked doors, weird monsters, etc. I love the community buzz it creates.

#438 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

Crap, sorry, I forget every time and remember as soon as I’ve switched the PS4 off. I’ll do it this morning.

Hmm, I didn’t receive any invite notification, which is weird (and didn’t notice you were on, otherwise I would have done the same). I’ll check to see if I’ve somehow managed to turn something off.

#439 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:32 AM

Maybe it's because we're not PSN Friends (You've ignored my friend invite)

#440 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 November 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Maybe it's because we're not PSN Friends (You've ignored my friend invite)

So this shows how much I use my PS4 social settings. I went on the friends list for the first time in about two years and had about 15 friend requests from randoms, and then I went into my messages (rather than just responding through notifications as I had to you) and found messages from years back that I had never noticed or responded to.

Long story short, I accepted your friend request and have left the clan :)

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users