• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:33 PM

We've got a complicated relationship.

#442 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:51 PM

Ok, Finishers. While they had a novel, fun run with me, I'm sort of over them now. And I know you can purchase new animations to assuage the 'seen that for the umpteenth time" boredom that sets in (I haven't bought any btw), but I dunno, I'm kind of over it. I'm curious to know how you other guardians feel about Finishers.

#443 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:04 AM

Yeah, finishers are annoying.

They're cool in that you can finish off some big enemies, in a last ditch effort when you're low on health or ammo. But you're vulnerable during the animation which just makes the move dangerous.

#444 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:20 AM

I joined a Danish clan last week and tried a raid yesterday for the first time.

I replaced a team member at the final boss/raid segment. Whoo boy that was a ridiculous experience. I knew there were complicated mechanics in the raids but holy crap.

To damage the boss first you need to pick up a ball and throw it to each player to charge it up and then throw it to break the boss shield.

Then four players have to stand on four plates to activate a space elevator that opens in the rooms ceiling. One or two players fly up and identify two space ships above with either a triangle, a square or a circle.

Then those two selected players have to pick up balls and energize them in mist at the center of the map. Then run to plates in the floor that symbolize the symbols in space, while a third player runs to the last inactive plate. Then a gate opens that you throw the ball in.

Then new balls appear that the same two players again energize, while the other four stand on plates and activate the space elevator. The two players fly into space and destroy the two ships with the symbols.

Then a new fase starts when three balls are launched into the room with ten seconds in between. These have to be charged by holding them but for ten seconds max or the player dies so you have to hot potatoe them systematically. Then when all are charged, you throw the balls at a floating robots hand towards the ceiling.

And now you can damage the boss. Spam your power weapons and supers.

You have to do all that two to three times and there's constantly cabal filling into the room harrasing the players.

Finally when the boss goes down, six new balls are launched and each player has to pick up one and throw it at the boss or you wipe.

We did all this for three hours and then we succeeded! I haven't been this pumped since playing World of Warcraft.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 11 November 2019 - 04:24 AM

#445 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

This Spire of Stars? Sounds awesome, I’d love to do a raid one day. I’ve watched people do the raids on YouTube and they look mental, especially Last Wish (the one that took like 20 hours for the first team to complete when it was released).

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 11 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#446 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

I’ve basically been ignoring all activities this week to run Momentum Control for the pinnacle weapon kills. I’m two or three double kills away from getting The Mountaintop grenade launcher, the other OP weapon next to Recluse. Before Momentum, I never ever thought I could gain this gun. It’s still been a pain, and I have completely destroyed my K/D in trying to get it, from about 1.4 to 1.2 now!

I’m also now about 150 kills away from getting the Revoker sniper rifle, and am making good ground on the Randy’s Throwing Knife scout rifle kills.

Plus it’s helping me get the 5 (five!) Valor resets in one season needed to get the Redrix’s Broadsword pulse rifle. I’m now about two-thirds of the way to a third reset.

#447 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 11 November 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

This Spire of Stars? Sounds awesome, I’d love to do a raid one day. I’ve watched people do the raids on YouTube and they look mental, especially Last Wish (the one that took like 20 hours for the first team to complete when it was released).

Yeah it was the Spire of Stars. Supposedly that raid is the most complicated they've done. I got invited to do the more regular Leviathan raid with them next weekend. Though from the videos I've seen that looks equally crazy.

I'd definitely recommend joining a clan. If nothing else to get help with those particularly hairy epic or heroic questlines for exotic stuff. Got the Thorn handcanon Sunday with the help of a couple clanmates.

View PostKhellendros, on 11 November 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

I’ve basically been ignoring all activities this week to run Momentum Control for the pinnacle weapon kills. I’m two or three double kills away from getting The Mountaintop grenade launcher, the other OP weapon next to Recluse. Before Momentum, I never ever thought I could gain this gun. It’s still been a pain, and I have completely destroyed my K/D in trying to get it, from about 1.4 to 1.2 now!

I’m also now about 150 kills away from getting the Revoker sniper rifle, and am making good ground on the Randy’s Throwing Knife scout rifle kills.

Plus it’s helping me get the 5 (five!) Valor resets in one season needed to get the Redrix’s Broadsword pulse rifle. I’m now about two-thirds of the way to a third reset.

Do you know if there's been specified and end date for Momentum? Because I'm aaaaalmost done with the hand canons and I was sorta thinking about trying to get the Randy scout riffle. I actually managed to run out of regular ammo during the raid so I'm sorta thinking about trying out a scout rifle, if I can find one with proper stopping power.

#448 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostAptorian, on 11 November 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 11 November 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yeah it was the Spire of Stars. Supposedly that raid is the most complicated they've done. I got invited to do the more regular Leviathan raid with them next weekend. Though from the videos I've seen that looks equally crazy.

I'd definitely recommend joining a clan. If nothing else to get help with those particularly hairy epic or heroic questlines for exotic stuff. Got the Thorn handcanon Sunday with the help of a couple clanmates.

View PostKhellendros, on 11 November 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Do you know if there's been specified and end date for Momentum? Because I'm aaaaalmost done with the hand canons and I was sorta thinking about trying to get the Randy scout riffle. I actually managed to run out of regular ammo during the raid so I'm sorta thinking about trying out a scout rifle, if I can find one with proper stopping power.

Not confirmed but I think it’s supposed to disappear when Festival of the Lost ends. No doubt it will return again at some point but unknown when.

#449 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:34 PM

I got Mountaintop! And in Iron Banner of all things. I got so frustrated with trying to get double kills in Momentum (where most people hang back with scout rifles), that I jumped into IB to work on the bounties. Then without even specifically trying I got the last two double kills in one game!

Haven’t actually had time to test it out, but it’s nice to knock another thing off which was in my quest log for about a year.

No doubt both Recluse and Mountaintop will be nerfed imminently :p

#450 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 12 November 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

I got Mountaintop! And in Iron Banner of all things. I got so frustrated with trying to get double kills in Momentum (where most people hang back with scout rifles), that I jumped into IB to work on the bounties. Then without even specifically trying I got the last two double kills in one game!

Haven't actually had time to test it out, but it's nice to knock another thing off which was in my quest log for about a year.

No doubt both Recluse and Mountaintop will be nerfed imminently :p

Congratulations. It's funny how something you need in order to complete the task just happens organically. I've, on more then one occasion, have just free roamed around with no particular intention to accomplish anything, and joined various public events, only later to check my quest log to see some of them advanced and thought to myself 'shit, when did that happen?"

#451 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

Thanks! Yeah, it’s the same with me with a lot of the quests, until the point comes where there’s a very specific activity or action you need to perform.

I’m now 950 power (or like 961 with the artifact) so I feel I can slow down with the bounties and just focus on knocking off some more quests and infusing my best weapons (and sort out my armour so I stop looking like a circus freak show). I haven’t really paid any attention to the stat rolls on armour as yet but maybe I will now.

Incidentally, I’ve found this a useful site for working out what to keep and what to delete from my vault: d2checklist.com - you can use search terms like ‘godroll’ and it will filter to just what are considered your weapons with the best perks. Similarly you can filter armour depending on what stats you want.

#452 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

Whoop, managed to clear branch 9 in my very last run of the Haunted Forest!

It was as close as it could get, me and my two randoms killed the branch 8 boss with just one second left on the clock! That meant we just had to not die while clearing branch 9. It was funny to see us reach an immediate, totally unspoken agreement, wherein we carefully walked through the Forest, hid behind corners, and basically played the opposite of how we had for the first eight branches :)

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 19 November 2019 - 11:17 AM

#453 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

Drang. Is that weapon still attainable? I've got a quest where one of the steps is to kill enemies with it. I think it is an old quest that goes back to when D2 was released. I think I had Drang way back when, but dismantled it.

I've been working on another quest that is similar. Instead of Drang, I have to use IKELOS hand cannon. I completed a step to kill powerful enemies (the Black Armoury forges are great powerful enemy farming spots). Now I have to complete 5 strikes with IKELOS equipped.

#454 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

You can probably reaquire it from your collection.

Did the main Leviathan raid during the weekend. Pretty cool but also very gimmicky.

#455 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

You can also acquire Drang from the Menagerie, but you need to have Season of Opulence. But I think Apt is right, if you had it before you can probably pull it from Collections.

#456 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

Ok, yeah, I was able to reconstitute Drang from my collection (I totally forgot that was an option). I completed the quest line to get the exotic - Sturm. Thought I was going to have to defeat this bullet sponge named - Thaviks, the Depraved. I was hitting his ass with rocket launcher and my super, and his damage meter barely moves. I failed a few times before saying eff-it. I then did some searching on strategies to solo him but came across a post that says you don't have to defeat him to complete the quest, so I quit out, when back to The Farm to talk to Tyra Karn, and lo-and-behold, I got the exotic and the quest-line is complete. Yah me!?

#457 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Ok, yeah, I was able to reconstitute Drang from my collection (I totally forgot that was an option). I completed the quest line to get the exotic - Sturm. Thought I was going to have to defeat this bullet sponge named - Thaviks, the Depraved. I was hitting his ass with rocket launcher and my super, and his damage meter barely moves. I failed a few times before saying eff-it. I then did some searching on strategies to solo him but came across a post that says you don't have to defeat him to complete the quest, so I quit out, when back to The Farm to talk to Tyra Karn, and lo-and-behold, I got the exotic and the quest-line is complete. Yah me!?

Isn't he the Exodus Crash strike boss? You probably already completed that strike at some point so that part of the quest was ticked off?

#458 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:20 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 20 November 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

Isn't he the Exodus Crash strike boss? You probably already completed that strike at some point so that part of the quest was ticked off?

Not sure, but I've completed every strike (that is not behind a pay wall) at one point another. So yeah I probably did beat him as part of a strike team, I don't really recall this particular baddie though. But if I was in a strike team when I first encountered him way back when, we probably melted through him and so he didn't stand out in any significant/or memorable way. Defeating him solo is damn near impossible (at least based on my power level and the gear/weapons I've equipped and such). Although I did see a YouTube video of cheese to solo him where you whittle him down to engage melee centric attacks, and then jump up on this blue box/platform and he will stop attacking and you can just keep shooting him. You have to come off the box every now and again to entice him back out though. Fuckin' A though it took this guy forever to wear down his damage meter.

#459 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 November 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 20 November 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

Not sure, but I've completed every strike (that is not behind a pay wall) at one point another. So yeah I probably did beat him as part of a strike team, I don't really recall this particular baddie though. But if I was in a strike team when I first encountered him way back when, we probably melted through him and so he didn't stand out in any significant/or memorable way. Defeating him solo is damn near impossible (at least based on my power level and the gear/weapons I've equipped and such). Although I did see a YouTube video of cheese to solo him where you whittle him down to engage melee centric attacks, and then jump up on this blue box/platform and he will stop attacking and you can just keep shooting him. You have to come off the box every now and again to entice him back out though. Fuckin' A though it took this guy forever to wear down his damage meter.

Yeah, that's the guy who I was thinking of. He disappears loads and you have to take out other enemies before he reappears. His disappearing used be even more frequent and obnoxious, to the extent that Bungie actually took the strike down for a while so they could readjust it.

#460 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

Some of the exotics I've received for completing quests have been disappointing, imo. What is a good exotic to go for (solo quest)? For someone who has DLC up to Black Armoury, but not Forsaken or Shadowkeep?

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users