• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#401 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

Do the escalation events. The big electric tower thingies that cone out of the ground.

#402 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:40 AM

Those produce swords though, right? I need the javelin. Or is there something you can do to switch them to javelins?

#403 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

It's been a while since I've done them but as far as I recall you can get the javelins during certain waves. The swords are dropped by knights.

#404 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:48 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 14 October 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

Those produce swords though, right? I need the javelin. Or is there something you can do to switch them to javelins?

There’s a better way, as you need a key to unlock the javelin during the escalation events (and you can only hold 3 keys at a time).

The public event on Mars which involves the Warsat crashing down - every minute or so during that event Ana Bray says that the javelin is ready for you to use - there’s usually about three spots around the public event site where you can pick it up, at no cost.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 14 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#405 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

View PostAptorian, on 13 October 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

My schedule is a bit different. I can't quite remember my shifts this week but normally I can do every evening and Wednesday mornings. This Saturday would be fine as well.

So Wednesday maybe? What time in the morning, and from about what time in the evening? Otherwise, yeah, we could give Friday evening or Saturday a shot.

#406 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

In the evenings, typically from 17.00-21.00, Wednesdays typically from 08.00-11.00. This saturday from 14.00-22.00 and all of Sunday.

EDIT: If I'm not working out I could potentially log on at 06.00 on Wednesdays.

Now how that fits with UK timezones I am not sure.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 14 October 2019 - 09:38 AM

#407 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

Ok, thanks. Well, I guess I'll try out the options on Mars to get the javelin kills. I think I have those keys you can use during Escalation Protocol, just never knew what they were for or where to use them. The Warsat PE option sounds like my best bet, although I'm guessing the event needs to be triggered to 'heroic' for it to give me javelins (which will piss me off). Damn though, to get 24 more kills with a javelin is going to grind my brain into mush. I'm just not all that keen on the grinding required in Destiny 2.

So, I went back to the Moon to talk to Eris Morn (to continue whatever step is next) and as I figured, the next step (as well as anything else she offers) is behind the Shadowkeep paywall. So, looks like its just doing patrols and whatnot on the Moon for me, which I will not do because I find them to be mind numbingly boring. I have enjoyed my first travels around the Moon in D2 though. So much nostalgia and remembering back to great times from original Destiny. Am I the only one who thinks D1 is head and shoulders better then D2? Damn it pisses me off to think how much potential D2 had and how they shit the bed for a good 1 1/2 years with the bullshit they pulled. Oh, and the PvP maps in D2 don't hold a candle to D1. And why the hell did they abandon sparrow racing?! assholes!

Anyway, enough about the glorious past. So, should I purchase Shadowkeep? I mean, I still have a page + of side missions that have become availble since Shadowkeep dropped, but there's so much grinding that I don't really care to do or doesn't move or inspire me to go forward with the next steps (how many fucking steps are there to each of these anyway?), so unless I buy Shadowkeep, I'm thinking of bowing out until they go live with the next holiday/seasonal themed event (Festival of the Lost? The Dawning? they on the docket for the upcoming months?).

#408 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:00 AM

View PostAptorian, on 14 October 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

In the evenings, typically from 17.00-21.00, Wednesdays typically from 08.00-11.00. This saturday from 14.00-22.00 and all of Sunday.

EDIT: If I'm not working out I could potentially log on at 06.00 on Wednesdays.

Now how that fits with UK timezones I am not sure.

Turns out I have to be elsewhere this Wednesday morning, so we could try Friday evening from around 6/6:30 your time? Or else I should be fine for Saturday.

#409 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Let's do Friday and Saturday both!

I assume you've got a headset and everything. Last time I played with Cause we had a hell of a time getting our audio to work.

#410 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

What's your username?

#411 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostAptorian, on 15 October 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

What's your username?

Yeah headset should be fine, I’ll test it tonight if I can. I think we’re in a clan together so you should have my username already ;)

#412 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:59 AM

Oh great, then we can get some clan bounties as well.

#413 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

Are we on for this evening? I think I’ll be able to get on from around 6 your time.

#414 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

Yes. I'll probably be on around 16 or 17.

#415 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

I screwed around on the moon some more. Had one of those fun social moments (that seem to be rarer and rarer anymore) where everyone in the area (me about 5 other players) decided to all be locked in on doing the public events and making them go heroic. Damn I picked up a lot of gear. Got my power level approaching 870.

Also, I love the loading cinematic when going to the moon (you know the all too familiar - watching your ship fly above the planet?). The Moon has been a treat though, because over the summer, here in the U.S., there has been a lot of celebration/recognition programming surrounding the 50th anniversary of landing a man on the moon. Holy snykees! the D2 cinematic when traveling to the Moon reminds me of some of the footage from that programming. A nice treat, to be sure.

#416 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:38 AM

Well, as expected (not having Shadowkeep), my playing time on D2 has dwindled down to nothing. I just got sick of the endless steps for the active side missions I have. Now I think I have an appreciation for the endless boulder up and down a hill of the Sisyphus legend. It became really disheartening to finish a step, like collecting some material in a lost sector found in some obscure location on Nessus, to only be given the next step that requires even more intimate knowledge of enemy/planet/location/type of kill/number of kills...blah blah blah, barf!

*LeSigh. Well, I will probably get back on when the Halloween event goes live (it's called 'Festival of the Lost', yes?). Is that live yet, btw? I want to do that haunted forest activity.

#417 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

Personally I love the grind. There's something addicting about all the meters, numbers and percentages going up.

Also just saw this one on Reddit. Bungie dodged a bullet:

https://www.reddit.c...tm_source=share

#418 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Quick question for you guys. Is Xur still a thing? I remember with D1 he'd appear every Friday in the Tower, and be there through the weekend. I know they incorporated him in D2, but he could show up anywhere, peddling his wares. I remember early on playing D2, I found him, but I haven't heard a peep about him in, like, forever. I generally became disinterested in him, but was wondering if he still makes an appearance, selling stuff.

#419 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:18 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 November 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Quick question for you guys. Is Xur still a thing? I remember with D1 he'd appear every Friday in the Tower, and be there through the weekend. I know they incorporated him in D2, but he could show up anywhere, peddling his wares. I remember early on playing D2, I found him, but I haven't heard a peep about him in, like, forever. I generally became disinterested in him, but was wondering if he still makes an appearance, selling stuff.

Yep, he’s in a cave on Io till the Monday reset. He sells year 1 and year 2 exotics. He sells four exotics every weekend, and also a fated engram, which will drop a random exotic you don’t have already.

He also has a quest line now based around the Nine, the Emissary, and the Drifter, though I’m not sure if you can access that if you’re free-to-play only. It’s pretty cool lore-wise, and you learn who/what Xur is and even why he hunches.

#420 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2019 - 12:42 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 November 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 November 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yep, he's in a cave on Io till the Monday reset. He sells year 1 and year 2 exotics. He sells four exotics every weekend, and also a fated engram, which will drop a random exotic you don't have already.

He also has a quest line now based around the Nine, the Emissary, and the Drifter, though I'm not sure if you can access that if you're free-to-play only. It's pretty cool lore-wise, and you learn who/what Xur is and even why he hunches.

Cool, thanks. The quest thing sounds intriguing. I'm going to have to seek him out to see if I qualify. If so, I will be adding another active quest to my page + of quests that have progression at various stages. I usually stall out when I don't like the burdensome grinding, thinking that one day I'll get bored enough to try and clean up and complete some of them.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users