• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#141 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostSilencer, on 13 October 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Swords were nigh useless against bosses and could be marginal on majors.

I would just like it recorded that in D1 I beat Crota, son of Oryx largely with a jacked up Sword.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#142 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 October 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 13 October 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Swords were nigh useless against bosses and could be marginal on majors.

I would just like it recorded that in D1 I beat Crota, son of Oryx largely with a jacked up Sword.

Lol, Crota doesn't count, he was built around a raid mechanic that required swords. Two people took him down with just melee attacks, ffsXD
(Though seriously having a crew of 5 standing in the middle with Gjallahorns and one good sword bearer brought him down so fast.)

But more seriously, I meant that the majority of bosses in D1 have insta-kill melee smash attacks so swords were an atrocious dps option that also left you standing in the open if you stuck around to do damage. It's not like they didn't do any damage but by and large rockets and HMGs were safer, did more dps, and were easier to switch to from the range you'd normally be attacking from already. Kinda like how shotguns were next to useless on bosses compared to snipers.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#143 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 October 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

The grenade launcher is better then I thought at 1st though it depends on which kind you get. I kept getting the single shot and it made me want to tear my hair out. Now I have a few 6-7 shot and it brings the mob down.

I've found grenade launchers to only be useful when you use them to your advantage. I found you can't just launch them like a RL and expect them to take everyone out...but if you are careful with your aim, you can still do in multiple guys with one load or 4-5 shots.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#144 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

This will probably jinx it but I'm finding myself on the winning team about 80% of the time. With a Ghost equipped which has a chance of dropping extra rep badges I've been racking them up fairly swiftly. Uriel's Gift and the exotic warlock helm which gets you two Nova Bombs in one match has been a great PvP setup for me. Now levelled up 17 times and got all but one gun, the gloves, and the warlock bond. But I couldn't imagine trying to do this for two other classes as well.

While the amour looks nice I doubt I'll ever wear it as it's already below my highest levels. So...not entirely sure why I've been doing this :rolleyes:
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#145 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Scathelock is a great melter of Guardians.

Where did you find it? That's the ONLY weapon that's eluding me.

#146 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 October 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

Dev has given me about 4 or 5.

Cool, thanks man!

#147 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 October 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 14 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Scathelock is a great melter of Guardians.

Where did you find it? That's the ONLY weapon that's eluding me.

You must just be unlucky. Scathelocke has dropped for me at least five times. For me it's my third fave after Uriel's Gift and Origin Story for PvP.

Auto rifles will definitely be nerfed at some point :rolleyes:

#148 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

Think I'm going to give up on IB now. Levelled up 21 times and received duplicates 11 times. Just going to have to let that bond and gloves go (and the gun, think it's the fusion rifle, which I never use anyway).

On the plus side I have vastly improved in the PvP with so much playing.

#149 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 October 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

Taking a small timeout before I hollar to much in front of Jace. How hard is it to win a match? Obviously pretty hard. I’m now seeing why people are dropping out the losing team. Once you start to go there is almost no chance to pull back ahead. I have gotten 2 packages today and that’s it. Think I had 2 wins along with the daily 15 tokens for one the other was bought with the 2 losing tokens. That’s depressing

It's interesting because this was my experience with the regular crucible in the beta. If you got much of a lead the other team didn't have much chance of pulling it back due to the shorter matches and reduced clumping due to less folks on map. Not sure how that stacks up to regular crucible now but if it is a thing in new IB then I can see that being very frustrating.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#150 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 October 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

I’m not understanding how we are losing either. We have control we kill and yet we lose. Maybe it’s the power play? I honestly have no clue what that even is so don’t know what to do to get it.

Power play is when a team controls all three zones. If you control two zones the team has 'advantage' and gets two points for every kill in that time. If you get a kill while your team has 'power play' you earn three points, so it can be game changing. I try to time using my super for when we have a power play (although usually they tend to last just a few seconds).

As for pulling back, I find that if you go a ways behind right at the beginning, say twenty points, it's definitely possible to pull it back. But if it happens after the period where everyone gets their supers, then you're pretty much guaranteed to lose. Though last night I did have one match where we were losing something like 65-40 with 90 seconds to go, and ended up agonisingly losing 70-69.

#151 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 October 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

I’m not understanding how we are losing either. We have control we kill and yet we lose. Maybe it’s the power play? I honestly have no clue what that even is so don’t know what to do to get it.

So it sounds like you get plenty of kills but that the majority happen when your team only controls one zone (so you earn an inefficient one point per kill). It's imperative to control at least two zones for the majority of the match to regularly win.

Incidentally, if on the results screen you scroll the cursor over the table headings, a popup explains what each one means.

#152 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

I am very happy with Hard Light, which I guess the game has picked up on as I as of now have three copies of the thing. I was using a sidearm that fired rapid bursts of three shots in PvP, but it would seem auto rifles are the way to go.

Getting copies of exotics is certainly a thing for me. I have three different exotic helmets that I have at least two copies of as well. In addition I have two copies of an exotic rocket launcher and an armour that lets me hover in the air while I aim.

I played some strikes with my brother last night and got an exotic energy weapon that turns out to be some sort of grenade launcher. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but it sounds like fun.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#153 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 16 October 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

I am very happy with Hard Light, which I guess the game has picked up on as I as of now have three copies of the thing. I was using a sidearm that fired rapid bursts of three shots in PvP, but it would seem auto rifles are the way to go.

Getting copies of exotics is certainly a thing for me. I have three different exotic helmets that I have at least two copies of as well. In addition I have two copies of an exotic rocket launcher and an armour that lets me hover in the air while I aim.

I played some strikes with my brother last night and got an exotic energy weapon that turns out to be some sort of grenade launcher. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but it sounds like fun.

Yeah this is totally different from the first game where exotics were much much harder to come by. Now I regularly get duplicates. I think you're talking about Fighting Lion? It's quite cool but quite niche ultimately. Good for getting rid of groups of enemies quickly but as with regular grenade launchers it can only hold a tiny amount of ammo.

#154 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 16 October 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

I've gotten that Exotic hand cannon...sunfire of whatever it's called...three times with different power levels for PvE.

I don't use it (the FWC hand canon is WAY better)....but I noted I've gotten it three times.

And yeah, Auto's are the weapon of choice for PvP for close contact or even middle contact fights....while the MIDA (or other scout rifles) are the choice for long ranges. Side note: in D1 Sniper rifles were ranged weapons of choice....but they were middle slot then and easier to load...now they are almost exclusively heavy weapon/power weapon slot and much harder to use...which I guess was the point on Bungie's part to curb camping.

I have Uriel's Gift or The Number loaded in the middle slot for every PvP match (both auto's are close to each other and the best I've found in D2 so far), and toggle between Vengeance Wing (exotic pulse rifle) because of its impact level and Origin Story (another auto) for main slot...and my heavy is USUALLY my sword ...but only because I love taking people out with it from around corners by surprise. That said, the fact that thew sword "shield" hold no longer protects you from even a MILD amount of gunfire is...irritating...in D1 as long as I blocked them I could usually get up close to them and take them out....but in this I melt if they concentrate fire on me. Still, it's better than any other heavy I've come across (haven't found a decent Rocket Launcher I like....I actually had one drop as a reward in Crucible the other day...I watched it drop to the side of my screen....but it wasn't there after the match....which confused me...anyone else see a drop, only to not have it show in your inventory (sidebar: It's NOT at the mail guy at the tower because I was too full to pick it up, I checked that)?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

#155 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

No gauntlets or bond for me. Did get all 8 weapons though (not that I'll ever use them, aside from maybe Forward Path and Time-Worn Spire).

All in all, I'm happy to now go back to my questing and world exploring.

#156 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

So I finally finished the story on this title. Everyone was all like: "Oh, the campaign in Destiny 2 is so much easier to follow and understand". Well, duh! Could that be because it's a hell of a lot shorter then Destiny 1? uh, yeah. I mean, they made it so short that one could not help but follow what was going on. Which goes back to what I've been saying all along. Destiny 2 is really an expansion and should NOT cost $60 (or whatever equivalent that is in your currency).

Oh and guys. The Iron Banner sucked. I mean, really really sucked. They need to do so much improvements to that before they have it back for the next cycle. It was outright stupid and a total waste of time.

#157 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

Expansion coming Dec. 5: LINK

#158 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

huh. I'll be damned. I see that Faction Rally nonsense is back. Seems like no one cares. Not surprised. *chortles

Yeah, didn't take long before the grinding got old did it? Posted Image "Oh, I got some Faction Tokens, better go turn the in!" Lame. *chortles some more

#159 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostBriar King, on 21 November 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

IB.

Not even sure how much I will play it if I wind up getting the Hunter helm early. Man if they didn’t have these stupid topknots I’d be grinding away on all 3.

Have they fixed it, or is it still Crucible 2.0?

Also, My load out is the best right now. I toggle between Origin Story, Sweet Business, and Scathelocke for my main, and Uriel's Gift and Hard Light in my second slot, with a sword still bringing up my power slot.

My fave thing to do is get my sword loaded up in a match, stand at a corner, and wait for one of the other side to come within striking distance and surprise the shit out of them. I do it like 2-3 times a match, and it's never not satisfying.

#160 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostBriar King, on 21 November 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Man those Erikson Destiny books would have been sick!!! Those talks seem to have been before the changes in leadership of D1.

I think they need to do this anyway with someone.

I would certainly read them!

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users