• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#121 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:01 AM

Getting closer and closer to 280. When is a good time to try doing the raids and strikes and stuff?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#122 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

You can definitely do the Strikes where your power level is now. As far the Raid, I believe there is only one available at the moment (Leviathan), you may have a power level close enough, but just barely. When selecting a Strike or Raid it will give you the suggested power level. I always try to be at least the suggested power level before trying them.

#123 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

After watching some lets plays of the Raid I would over level myself to 300 or more if possible before trying that Raid.

#124 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

IB?

#125 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Iron Bru

This post has been edited by Macros: 10 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

#126 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Urg, doing the MIDA-questline and there is a portion where you have to dismantle 5 legendary and 5 rare scout rifles to help the Gunsmith....and according to reports WHILE you are doing the quest and it's active, the game purposely makes Scout Rifle drops go to next to nil so it's harder to grind it out...and of course I had 9 scouts to dismantle...and have been grinding for HOURS to get a 10th one to finish that bit out...it's driving me mental!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#127 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Wait, did IB start today?

I'll hopefully get some time in tonight.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#128 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Have played 5 matches and been amongst the lead scorers on losing teams for every one. It's fucking atrocious the people I've been aggregated onto teams with....ugh.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

#129 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

I mean this is fucking horrific. 9 matches...NO WINS.

what kind of luck is this? Every time at least half our team sucks...

Edit:FINALLY eeked out a win. Fucks sake.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 October 2017 - 02:14 AM

#130 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

Not so far. Played a few rounds yesterday, no wins. I am it would seem entirely average as far as players go.

#131 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 October 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

Is there any point in even doing it though? Are you getting higher then 265 rewards?

View PostMorgoth, on 11 October 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Not so far. Played a few rounds yesterday, no wins. I am it would seem entirely average as far as players go.

Yeah, very little in the game is dropping at more than 265 no matter what you do (without running Leviathan). So you're right, there is little point. The IB weapon rewards all pale in comparison with the usual suspects of awesome guns in the game thus far: Uriel's Gift, Origin Story, Vengeance Wing (the ONLY weapon I have that is higher than 265, it's 272), The Number, Coldheart, and the MIDA-multi tool.

So I backed off after so many losses in IB and dropped back into regular Crucible for a while...which made me feel a tad better.

Oh, and I've now been three days without a SINGLE scout rifle drop to complete that one portion of the MIDA quest line....which is irritating.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

#132 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 October 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

I may grind it out on Hunter for the armor. I hope this armor doesn’t hang around in IB for long. Those topknots are to much eyesores for me.

How could they have done this to IB???!!! Seems to me it’s another slap in the face to Lone Wolfers like me.

This along with the inability to do the raid without a fire team we ourselves organize...bothers me about Destiny 1 and 2. If I don't want to co-op a raid with people I know (or don't know), I should be able to be aggregated with two other randoms to run the raid.

#133 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Are they going to carry on the tradition of doing a cool event for Halloween in Destiny 2 (like they did for Destiny 1)? I remember the first time I visited the tower during the initial Halloween event in D1. It was so cool to see the Tower decked out in spooky regalia and hearing all of the spooky noises and music. Then to make it even more festive, they had Halloween masks you could obtain. I remember having the Jack O' Lantern mask and the "scare others" emoji and just running around the Tower and sashaying up to other players and pulling off that scare emoji. I once even had a guy react, scared, and run away, seriously. And to add to the festivities they had Halloween specific little quests you could do. Like the one where you collect Halloween candy.

TL:DR - Are they going to do a Halloween event in Destiny 2?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

#134 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Exotics are your answer. Exotics always drop higher than your current power level, sometimes significantly so. Because the level calculation for engram drops is based on the average of your best gear wherever it is (equipped, just on your person, or in your vault), it can take the average of all those higher exotics (as long as they're for different slots) and you start getting higher level legendary drops again.

As for IB, I'm annoyed that the loot drops are random. I've levelled up rep 8 times now and got the same gun 3 times. Only one piece of armour so far, a helmet. In D1 you had specific points to work toward in IB, but with this it's very possible that I'll never get the full armour set because of RNG on a limited time event.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 11 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#135 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:20 AM

Wow, Iron banner is just the opposite of fun this time. I mean it's literally a worthless excercise, and one in which elite fire teams just come to take on randoms to pat themselves on the back. It's atrocious.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 October 2017 - 02:30 AM

#136 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:47 AM

Such shock. Much surprise.

I am being very sarcastic right now. (told you IB wouldn't work this early on!)

Though part of it may be that match making doesn't have enough data yet to put together solid teams and even matches, too.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#137 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostBriar King, on 11 October 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

Ok I’m starting to become a machine like I used to be in D1. I’m slaying Guardians pretty easily now and coming out 1st or 2nd in KD. The problem is much like QT I’m on losing teams. Haven’t won a single set yet. Getting mad at these people. Also I really loved Shores of Time but this Distant Shore reskin is depressing. It reeks of laziness and I wish that it wasn’t even in it. Looks pretty but come on Bungie...

What I don't like about the Distant Shore reskin is that they've basically shifted any of the advantages you might take on the old map and either moved them so they aren't advantages anymore, or put shit in the way. The most telling is how on Shores of Time you could stand way to the right of that cliff/ship wreckage near B and snipe the people trying to take B without much threat to yourself...but here they've moved things enough so you could really only get off one or two shots at best in the tiny gap of space you can see to. There's also a boulder in the way between that tunnel and C...which is dumb...and you can no longer stand on that rock outcropping near A to take out people at B.

Irritating.

View PostSilencer, on 12 October 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Such shock. Much surprise.

I am being very sarcastic right now. (told you IB wouldn't work this early on!)

Though part of it may be that match making doesn't have enough data yet to put together solid teams and even matches, too.

And that's it. With the power levels meaning nothing in IB this time...lower level newbies with shit weapons can come in with a team of 4 and spank you...which I mean...isn't that just regular Crucible? Why is that even called IB? The whole point of IB was to be a high enough light level with the best weapons to stand against the lesser people in D1. This is just a travesty and labelling it IB when it's pretty much Regular Ass Crucible with a fancy name and gear, is dumb.

I got so frustrated last night with it that I winged the controller into a pile of laundry on the couch and went to bed. SO stressful.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

#138 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Put onD1 thinking IB would be on. It’s not. Being at the tower is strange. It’s still heavily populated. The maps look strange now. The scale is small and I think that’s why they look so big in D2. The inventory menu is much fatter in D1. Squares are bigger. Seems strange.

I don't think D1 is getting any more special events of any kind.

I've now levelled up IB rep 11 times, got 7 different things, 5 guns and 2 pieces of armour.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#139 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 October 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

I've gotten the arms for Hunter multiple times now. What I'd really like to get is cloak but I have found that getting class items to drop is almost impossible for me. I did get lucky and got FWC cloak but other then that nada in these faction events.

I lucked out with the Faction Rallies, and got the entire set of FWC amor and weapons. It's pretty sweet. I loved Faction Rallies..I'm hating IB.

Xur is back, and this week the only feasible item he's got is Fighting Lion (grenade launcher).

Is it me, or are rocket launchers few and far between in D2 compared to D1?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

#140 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 October 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I’ve barely gotten any but that’s fine by me. Never really used them. It was heavy gun or sword for me. Yeah though across 3 toons I bet I haven’t gotten 5 drops or rewards. All of the ones I have seen are 1 rocket slot.

Rockets were unquestionably King for a lot of pve content. Swords were nigh useless against bosses and could be marginal on majors. HMGs were decent but required more aiming compared to the likes of Truth and Gjallahorn.
Granted in pvp the HMGs killed really fast and carried a lot more individual kills than a rocket could (especially once they stopped Truth getting like 9 rockets per Heavy ammo drop XD) so it was a good option there especially in the later meta.

I sadly have not played enough (still without Internet at home) to get much of anything but rockets seemed to be much less common drops even in the few hours I managed to play in NZ. Not necessarily a bad thing in itself but annoying if they still hold a strong position in the pve meta.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users