• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Destiny Series Gather Guardians and prepare yourselves

#101 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

My brother made a clan, and we're now a total of three members (all three brothers). If you want to join one that expects nothing from you what so ever, let me know ;)
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#102 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 27 September 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

What class again?

It's an exotic for the middle slot (what used to be Special Weapons spot in D1....dunno what's it's called now).

View PostMorgoth, on 28 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

My brother made a clan, and we're now a total of three members (all three brothers). If you want to join one that expects nothing from you what so ever, let me know ;)

I keep forgetting to add you, I'll try to remember. Sorry man.

Update: I'm now up to 240 light, and Zavala gave me a SWEET auto rifle with that chain perk I used to have on the Monte Carlo...so that's been awesome. Have done all the FWC Faction Rally stuff for the last two days, so now ALL my shit is kitted out in FWC colours. I wanted to do the Nightfall strike last night, but it was too late and I had to hit the hay....tonight probably. I wonder what sweet loot it drops.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#103 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 28 September 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

I meant your character

Oh, it's my Warlock.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#104 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Oh gods. Played some Crucible last night...and in one match we went up against a 4 man fire team of elites (like guys who are all already max light with all the best gear...because they do nothing but play destiny I guess?) and got so shellacked that the end result was 100 to like 15. And while that's cool for them....how on EARTH is that not boring? Like if I'm so elite and I and my fire team basically shellack every group that rides through Quickplay...how is that fun? I know that when I'm on a team and we serve up such an overwhelming destruction of the opposing side...I'm bored to TEARS by it. Defeats the entire purpose of PVP to me. You want a challenge. At least I do. I want the both sides to fight tooth and nail. I want the end result score to be close, not a forgone conclusion in the first minute of play. It's not that I mind being beaten by more skilled players, but that I can't imagine that it's fun to be so dominant...and being dominated by them so roundly is also boring to me. Not being able to get a leg up in the match (it was Control) because every single time I take a flag they take it back SECONDS later (I assume because they are organized) and if I tried to stand and hold a flag, they would descend on me in either two's or threes and murdalize me. It was...probably the most boring match of Crucible I've played yet.

Thankfully right after that match I was in one with a bunch of solidly skilled randoms on both sides and it was intense and SO much fun (we lost, but only by a few points).

Oh, and another random complaint about Clash specifically. Everyone has learned the maps pretty well at this point. And there are choke points on most maps. As such, everyone sits at either end off these choke points and fires off thousands of rounds at one another. Taking out each others sides in equal measure. And ignoring the rest of the map. It's a problem in Clash...and a little less so in Supremacy...because both modes depend on you having to kill the other side...so you HAVE to go engage in these tunnel-shoot-offs to get points. It's why so far Control is the best as it FORCES people to spread out.

That said, Supremacy is my fave mode in this game. Love picking up enemy crests with a slide as I defeat them.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

#105 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

I dunno, there's something so satisfying about shitting all over the opposing team. Hearing the little booger eaters scream all kinds of vile things on their mic before they rage quit.

#106 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 September 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I dunno, there's something so satisfying about shitting all over the opposing team. Hearing the little booger eaters scream all kinds of vile things on their mic before they rage quit.

You can't hear the other team on mic, only your own.

And I get absolutely nothing from "shitting on the opposing team". It's been a complete waste of minutes.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

#107 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

huh. I guess Destiny doesn't do the quick mic live from the other team then when you kill someone then? It's common in other games

And shitting on the other team is a blast. Knowing that the little booger eaters may have thrown their controller at their tv and broken it is such a lush fantasy of mine.

#108 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

And shitting on the other team is a blast. Knowing that the little booger eaters may have thrown their controller at their tv and broken it is such a lush fantasy of mine.

Very sportsmanlike.

/s

#109 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Well, when you hear so much racist and homophobic language when playing online that your first action is to mute everyone in the lobby, then yeah, I have no problem shitting on the little booger eaters. I'll take the sportsmanlike sarcasm every day and twice on Sundays for situations like that.

#110 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 29 September 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

I only thought the DO HC was dope...

The FWC HC is super dope.

Right!? It's badass!

#111 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Oh fuuuuuuuuuck. I just got the FWC rally weapon auto rifle THE NUMBER. It is a fucking BEAST. I just very nearly stole a Crucible match from a 4man fire team with 3 randoms on my team who weren't great....all because that weapon is the shiznit!

EDIT: this is the best PVP autorifle in the game so far. I am DOMINATING.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 30 September 2017 - 02:28 AM

#112 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pfft, my clan has FOUR members. our clan motto is "Dead again." Which is normally apt, but we've been pretty successful in Crucible together. Being able to communicate really helps.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#113 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

I played a couple of strikes for the first time with a couple of randoms. Had some really cool bits, and they feel like the prettiest, most atmospheric parts of the entire game, but man, is that totally ruined when you get teleported in the middle of doing the coolest part of the strike because your teammates have rushed ahead. I find that so incredibly annoying.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 02 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

#114 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 02 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I played a couple of strikes for the first time with a couple of randoms. Had some really cool bits, and they feel like the prettiest, most atmospheric parts of the entire game, but man, is that totally ruined when you get teleported in the middle of doing the coolest part of the strike because your teammates have rushed ahead. I find that so incredibly annoying.

Yep. So many people are just grinding strikes now and the only thing that matters to them is endgame.

#115 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 October 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

The Strikes are pissing me off. I'm only getting a Hive Titan strike. Only gotten an Earth Cabal one time.

I've gotten the Earth Cabal one most times, and Hive titan once. I'll trade ya! LOL

#116 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 October 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yea I'm not even sure how many there are.

What are Flashpoints? What is the icon?

Flashpoints are just doing public events on a certain planet I think. Each week it's a different one, like Io this week (till Tuesday). Once you complete a certain number of public events on that planet, you get a gear reward.

#117 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 October 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Dead Orbit wins Faction Rallies!

Bastards! FWC all the way!

Oh well, at least everyone who participated gets the faction weapon...even if it's a stupid pulse rifle.

#118 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

I finall finished the story, still no idea what really happened :)

Disappointed that I can't just join a faction at any time but have to wait for a rally. But cool to see new quests pop up after the game's 'finished'.

I also got Origin Story the other day. Definitely my favourite gun so far - auto rifle with lots of range, large magazine, and increased damage when you kill someone.

#119 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Watched Giant Bombs playthrough of the first Destiny 2 raid. They went in blind with no information. Took them close to 20 hours. Both seemed exciting and absolutely soul crushing.

#120 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Iron Banner to start on 10 October and run for a week.

But apparently your power level won't matter? Which would be a huge change from IB in the original game. So I'm not sure how it will differ from regular Crucible.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users