• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Game Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#181 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm interested in the no-voters - Mockra and Serc. Why did you two hold your votes?

Mockra has also coasted in a similar fashion to IE, which as I said before makes sense for a lone cultist recruiter on D1.

As for the kill, I suspect an overzealous vig. Even if cult leaders can either kill or recruit, why would they choose to kill on N1? And why not Okaros, given the circumstances? Ah, nothing like some faction WIFOM.

#182 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

So we are going to have NKs in this game, I guess. That would make sense given that we have a character in the OP called "Quick Draw McGraw - The Vigilante". IIRC someone dropped an early vote on Fanderay accusing them of playing the way a scum would - might go back and see what they said.

#183 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

So we are going to have NKs in this game, I guess. That would make sense given that we have a character in the OP called "Quick Draw McGraw - The Vigilante". IIRC someone dropped an early vote on Fanderay accusing them of playing the way a scum would - might go back and see what they said.

Itwasme, thinking he was playing away from usual cult tendencies.

#184 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

Vote Fanderay

I am in the mindset that a cultist should lay low day one, keep out of the limelight and not get any attention. So if I had gotten that role I would be playing similarly to how Fanderay is at the moment.

I found you. Admit it, then we lynch you and look for the other one. :)

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

At this moment I still think Fanderay should be first place to look. Although Gamelon does stick in my mind as well.

#185 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Seems Okaros beat me to it. Thanks Okaros!

I'm initially a little suspicious of your Serc vote though, on the basis that you made yourself a big target for recruitment yesterday. Seems like there's a reasonable possibility you might have been recruited. Possibly trying to get out ahead of anything that might point to your new master?

#186 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

I'm initially a little suspicious of your Serc vote though, on the basis that you made yourself a big target for recruitment yesterday. Seems like there's a reasonable possibility you might have been recruited. Possibly trying to get out ahead of anything that might point to your new master?

There will be no CF upon my recruitment.

#187 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

You don't find his reaction to that one vote strange? Similar reason's people voted for Bek.

#188 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

View PostGamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 07 March 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I left out the rest because it's irrelevant. I'm not criticizing your overall attitude but only the suspicion you were spreading with the first part of the post. But while we're at it your overall attitude was as neutral as it gets by the time of the post.
Anyone who reads the quote will be able to tell it's been cut off, I even refer to it as only a part of the post.

So you are proposing we lynch someone... for an unfinished thought.

I don't think I buy that.

Of the remainder, lynching a CF is not a good idea.

This may seem like OMGUS but

remove vote

vote Bek Okhan

seriously, getting touchy over one early vote to the point of calling it "misleading chaos" is a bit much. feels odd and forced.

probably gonna pass out soon, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

This is exactly what Serc was like, the need to defend himself that quickly. There are two recruiters though so Bek and Serc may be good places to look.

The difference being, the vote on Bek was a low-poster vote, which ghappens all the time. That's "flimsy reasoning"

Nom's vote on Serc was based on picking a part of a post out of context. That's much more scummy and I don't think Serc was "over-reacting" in calling that out.

#189 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

That vote is irregardless of Fanderay being night killed.

irregardless

irregardless

irregardless

Posted Image

#190 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

That vote is irregardless of Fanderay being night killed.

irregardless

irregardless

irregardless

Posted Image

Brilliant,Iwilltrytousethatwordmoreoftenifitranklesyou.Likenotbotheringtoaddspacestothistextbecauseofthegooglespacingerror.Irregardlessofthefactthatitmayupsetyou.

#191 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Use the enter key. Some of us have to scroll sideways to rest that crap.

#192 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Go fuck yourself, auto-correct. "Read" is a perfectly normal word, no need to make is "rest"

#193 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Supposably there are many words like, irregardless, that will make you flustrated. I know how to conversate with you though. You know what I meant when writing that word. You understood my meaning but I could care less. For all intensive purposes I forgive you and will go and drink my expresso. I am nauseous but don't misunderestimate or vice a versa ignore what I wrote. Here is the link...

My link

#194 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostGamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Use the enter key. Some of us have to scroll sideways to rest that crap.

The space key? When replying I have to hit enter, space, delete and then I can type normally.

#195 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Supposably there are many words like, irregardless, that will make you flustrated. I know how to conversate with you though. You know what I meant when writing that word. You understood my meaning but I could care less. For all intensive purposes I forgive you and will go and drink my expresso. I am nauseous but don't misunderestimate or vice a versa ignore what I wrote. Here is the link...

My link

The "That's so random" one is stupid. They describe it as meaning "without definite aim, direction, rule, or method." That could totally describe the outfit that Mary's wearing. Gawd.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#196 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 08 March 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

My link

The "That's so random" one is stupid. They describe it as meaning "without definite aim, direction, rule, or method." That could totally describe the outfit that Mary's wearing. Gawd.

What is funny, is he would have had to read what I wrote before getting to the link :)

#197 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostAlkend, on 08 March 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'm interested in the no-voters - Mockra and Serc. Why did you two hold your votes?

Mockra has also coasted in a similar fashion to IE, which as I said before makes sense for a lone cultist recruiter on D1.

As for the kill, I suspect an overzealous vig. Even if cult leaders can either kill or recruit, why would they choose to kill on N1? And why not Okaros, given the circumstances? Ah, nothing like some faction WIFOM.

Because I figured day 1, we were more likely to hit town. As I mentioned yesterday, since the recruiters were on their own, there was no following or defending to watch at that point.

#198 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So you say now, but I can only really trust what you said on Day 1 for the moment. Looking at what PS laid down as the resolution order, Kill comes before Recruit so it's not implausible that the CF would have been dropped last night anyway even if you were recruited. Will double check your description of your role from yesterday, but my memory is that you weren't especially clear on this point.

#199 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

How quickly Okaros came out with that Serc vote makes me think that, as I already stated, they've gained some info, and therefore I am inclined to follow. Although Okaros not confirming that likely means my instinct is barking up the wrong tree.

Or, on the other hand, Bek IS a recruiter, recruited Okaros, and Okaros is trying to swiftly establish a new target so that we don't try to lynch Bek again. However, the fact that there was CF at night suggests that, if we believe Okaros about how the CF works, they have not been recruited (as kills normally happen last, so Okaros would have had to have been already recruited by the time Fanderay died).

#200 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So you say now, but I can only really trust what you said on Day 1 for the moment. Looking at what PS laid down as the resolution order, Kill comes before Recruit so it's not implausible that the CF would have been dropped last night anyway even if you were recruited. Will double check your description of your role from yesterday, but my memory is that you weren't especially clear on this point.

Kill comes before recruit? Well, shit. I'd forgotten PS provided an order of resolution.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users