• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 140 Game Thread - The Cults of Innsmouth

#221 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostGamelon, on 08 March 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

My radar is hitting people. Fandy who was PI and now Serc the vig. So 3rd time lucky on my radar?

remove vote

Vote Bek

😁

It's not that hard to hit people when the role descriptions indicate most of town's roled.

If that was the case then we could ALL reveal and find the cult that way but I doubt it would be the case. No place for them to hide then.

#222 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostMockra, on 08 March 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostAlkend, on 08 March 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'm interested in the no-voters - Mockra and Serc. Why did you two hold your votes?

Mockra has also coasted in a similar fashion to IE, which as I said before makes sense for a lone cultist recruiter on D1.

As for the kill, I suspect an overzealous vig. Even if cult leaders can either kill or recruit, why would they choose to kill on N1? And why not Okaros, given the circumstances? Ah, nothing like some faction WIFOM.

Because I figured day 1, we were more likely to hit town. As I mentioned yesterday, since the recruiters were on their own, there was no following or defending to watch at that point.

In a normal town vs scum game, suggesting no-lynch on Night 1 is stupid. Why is that any different here? We've got to find and lynch the leaders of both cults to stand a chance of winning. A no-lynch just means we have one fewer opportunity to do that. Yeah there's a chance we hit town, but so what? That's the same as in any game of Mafia.

View PostMockra, on 08 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 08 March 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

So the only way to win this game is lynching cult and you purposefully witholding your vote makes you suspect.

Oh? You knew who was cult day 1? Game over.

vote Okaros

You are not helping town, therefore you must be cult.

So by that logic, any mistake made by a town player proof of them being scum (since they aren't helping with their play). What a ridiculous logical leap.

I don't think Okaros is hurting town much with his play today. There's been a whole host of interesting reactions to him on thread - he gives us something to talk about beyond role spec. The fact that you're trying to make 'annoying' equal 'scummy' doesn't sit well with me.

I don't like the way Mockra is playing here at all.

Vote Mockra

#223 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

It is Day 2. 30 hours and 26 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Okaros ( Bek Okhan, Mockra )
1 Vote for Bek Okhan ( Okaros )
1 Vote for Mockra ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Alkend, Gamelon, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Serc, Trake

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 08 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#224 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

Ok, time for some WCS math. We are potentially 6v2v2 today ignoring variables. If both cults successfully recruit tonight and we lynch town we'll be 3v3v3. If we don't hit a LEADER today we are essentially fucked.

Stop just voting for potential recruits and look for leaders. I'll post more thoughts when I'm not at work.

#225 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

What a fucking shit show.

Serc: You just wanted to smoke somebody, don't couch it in terms of using it for "town's" purposes. I believe the reveal because it is just too realistic.

Look for the fucking cult leaders who have no reason to make waves.

#226 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

I'm interested in the no-voters - Mockra and Serc. Why did you two hold your votes?

Mockra has also coasted in a similar fashion to IE, which as I said before makes sense for a lone cultist recruiter on D1.

As for the kill, I suspect an overzealous vig. Even if cult leaders can either kill or recruit, why would they choose to kill on N1? And why not Okaros, given the circumstances? Ah, nothing like some faction WIFOM.

Because I figured day 1, we were more likely to hit town. As I mentioned yesterday, since the recruiters were on their own, there was no following or defending to watch at that point.

In a normal town vs scum game, suggesting no-lynch on Night 1 is stupid. Why is that any different here? We've got to find and lynch the leaders of both cults to stand a chance of winning. A no-lynch just means we have one fewer opportunity to do that. Yeah there's a chance we hit town, but so what? That's the same as in any game of Mafia.

So the only way to win this game is lynching cult and you purposefully witholding your vote makes you suspect.

vote Okaros

So by that logic, any mistake made by a town player proof of them being scum (since they aren't helping with their play). What a ridiculous logical leap.

I don't think Okaros is hurting town much with his play today. There's been a whole host of interesting reactions to him on thread - he gives us something to talk about beyond role spec. The fact that you're trying to make 'annoying' equal 'scummy' doesn't sit well with me.

Vote Mockra

In a normal town vs scum game, I would have lynched. In a normal faction game I would have lynched. But day 1 in this game since the leaders were by themselves, would have told us nothing. There was no one to follow, and no one to defend. Today on the other hand, is completely different.

Parroting that bs is just a copy and paste from previous games where it actually did count.

#227 User is offline   Hanas 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

Pfff, this game isn't that different. We have a finite number of shots to get rid of both leaders, and that's got to come from lynching unless Serc has a few more vigs up his sleeves. The chance of being wrong is the price we pay for the shot at taking down the scum, and that's as true in games with two cults as it is in a traditional town vs paired killers setup. Connections are nice, but at the end of the day you're lynching for the chance to kill your enemy.

#228 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Pfff, this game isn't that different. We have a finite number of shots to get rid of both leaders, and that's got to come from lynching unless Serc has a few more vigs up his sleeves. The chance of being wrong is the price we pay for the shot at taking down the scum, and that's as true in games with two cults as it is in a traditional town vs paired killers setup. Connections are nice, but at the end of the day you're lynching for the chance to kill your enemy.

I don't have anything else - for now. That has the possibility to change.

The difference I see in this game is town losing potentially 3 members per day to lynch/recruit in comparison to the usual 2 wcs. Now, admittedly it could be better than that and the two leaders could target the same player or they could be using recruits on each other's minions. I'm still looking at WCS for town though which places us even with both cults at the start of day 3.

#229 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

It is Day 2. 28 hours and 41 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Alkend, Bek Okhan, Gamelon, Hanas, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Mockra, Okaros, Serc, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for Okaros ( Bek Okhan, Mockra )
1 Vote for Bek Okhan ( Okaros )
1 Vote for Mockra ( Hanas )

Players not voted: Alkend, Gamelon, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Serc, Trake
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#230 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

vote Okaros

Vote Mockra

Do you think he's a leader or do you believe he's been recruited?

#231 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostHanas, on 08 March 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

View PostTrake, on 08 March 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

Now I'm tempted towards Bek again.

This sort of open flip-flopping pings my scumdar. My post was all it took to swing you from Serc to BO, huh? You sound like the wishy-washy scum who is blown by the wind to whatever 'convinces' you at that moment in time.

EDIT: X-post

You mean, your post in which you pointed out something which entirely negates my reasoning for believing that Okaros could not have been recruited? Don't sell yourself short now. Not everything you say is dumb.

And you mean, wishy washy in the sense that I expressed suspicion for someone I had already previously voted for and had already said was one of my two suspects today? And stated this before Serc's reveal? Okay, that part was dumb of you.

#232 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

View PostSerc, on 08 March 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

The difference I see in this game is town losing potentially 3 members per day to lynch/recruit in comparison to the usual 2 wcs. Now, admittedly it could be better than that and the two leaders could target the same player or they could be using recruits on each other's minions. I'm still looking at WCS for town though which places us even with both cults at the start of day 3.

I agree with WCS, I thought from the start this would be hard for town. I think that's why there's a bunch of roles though, to try and give town an initial leg up. However, if someone shoots the investigator straight out the gate, that makes it a little trickier...

#233 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostTrake, on 08 March 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

I agree with WCS, I thought from the start this would be hard for town. I think that's why there's a bunch of roles though, to try and give town an initial leg up. However, if someone shoots the investigator straight out the gate, that makes it a little trickier...

My point in not voting day 1.

I'll remove vote for now. IMO Okaros is recruited.

#234 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

I don't really understand the votes for Okaros. While there's a possibility of recruitment, I think it's highly unlikely they'd be a recruiter. The vote on Bek by Okaros weakens my theory of Bek having recruited them...though it could be a deflection just to make me think that after I expressed the suspicion, but it's not particularly likely.

#235 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

I'm not going to apologize for that. I made a guess as to whom I thought had potential to be a recruiter, I was wrong. You can rub it in all you want, but it's done and doesn't change our main objective. That goes for Kaschan as well, with try to help or fuck off, your attitude isn't helping the situation.

#236 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostJPK, on 08 March 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I'm not going to apologize for that. I made a guess as to whom I thought had potential to be a recruiter, I was wrong. You can rub it in all you want, but it's done and doesn't change our main objective. That goes for Kaschan as well, with try to help or fuck off, your attitude isn't helping the situation.

Oh son-of-a-bitch! I can't believe I did that again. I fucking hate playing from mobile.

#237 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:54 PM

You need to start changing the color of the Malaz skin you are using in game.

#238 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

At the risk of sounding like an old record... why is no one looking at Iparth Erule?

This is pretty much their entire contribution. First, twisting the meaning of Okaros' words to try and turn as against a very likely Coroner:

View PostIparth Erule, on 08 March 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

View PostMockra, on 08 March 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostIparth Erule, on 07 March 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 07 March 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

You would think the recruiters might want a juicier role than mine anyway as they will know who they recruit.

That seems a very specific bit of knowledge of the recruitment process

Uhm... Since they start out with no one on their teams, I assume the recruiters would be the ones doing the recruiting...

"They know who they recruit" sounds rather like knowing their character name. The only people who would know if a recruiter learns the character name is the recruiters.

Vote Okaros

Then taking advantage of pressure building up against Bek Okhan, without any reasoning:

View PostIparth Erule, on 08 March 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

Remove vote

Vote Bek Okhan

Barely any content beyond that. This is textbook definition of coasting.

vote Iparth Erule

#239 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

Hey, JPK, fuck you too!

At least I can stay in skin.

#240 User is offline   Serc 

• Recruit

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

View PostKaschan, on 08 March 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

Hey, JPK, fuck you too!

At least I can stay in skin.

I didn't say fuck you, I clearly asked you to constructively participate its not that personal. The attitude you've been showing all game hasn't been helping at all though. You have plenty of things that you see people are doing wrong, but you're not exactly standing up and modelling the "correct" behaviors.

Look, I know I'm not exactly a great player, I'm under no illusions there. At least I'm trying to get people more involved today and pointed towards finding the leaders instead of just lynching for little or no reason.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users