• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 138.5: Evil Twins

#261 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Damn, I thought we had a lot more time than we did...

#262 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

We've got a lynch!

Players not voted: Okaros, Kaschan

4 Lock: Telas, Fanderay, Ultama, Omtose
1 Fanderay: Lock

4 votes to lynch, 4 votes to night.

Lock has been lynched. He was Blend and RI.

Night

Okaros has been killed. He was Starling and RI.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#263 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

This is Day 4. 5 players still alive.

Clock: 36 hours
Players not voted: Kaschan, Telas, Fanderay, Ultama, Omtose

3 votes to lynch, 3 votes to Night.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#264 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

It should be 3 votes to lynch PS.

we should have today before d-day. On one hand, I really don't want Fanderay alive until tomorrow. On the other hand, I've got a really bad tingling feeling in my tummy about Ultama. I will take a look at everything they have posted by tomorrow night and do a right up.

#265 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

I thought I had voted.
We're mid shut down at work soI won't be doing anything until this evening

#266 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

I was pretty sue on Lock because of his previous coasting and the no nk thing, that's not how Blend usually plays town...

Of those remaining, I'm still leaning towards Kaschan being PI for starting the train on Kesso. Ultama was also just past midpoint on that train and could have possibly changed the outcome if he had voted for me.

That leaves Omtose and Telas to look at, but I am curious why Ultama is on multiple peoples radar.

#267 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Oh and I'm going to be in all day meetings so I doubt I can post as much.

#268 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Clock: 27h 24m
Players not voted: Kaschan, Telas, Fanderay, Ultama, Omtose

#269 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Crazy busy day today. Hopefully I'll have some time once I get home tonight (but before that I'll be working late).

I am leaning against Kas being scum. What I need to determine now is who of the remainder would be more likely scum out of Ultama and Omtose (supposing we lynch Fandy and they CF inno). And why?

Anyhow, back later.

#270 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

holy hell what a day, glad its over.

back at the B&B on the laptop. Don't think I've missed much but going to do another full thread reread

#271 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

I know that this is crazy thinking, but I'm leaning towards Fandy bring town and either Telas or Omtose being the other killer.

I'll dig into the pair of them later tonight since I'm working for the next several hours.

#272 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Telas' play regarding Lock was so aggressive, and the whole switching vote on Day one that made Kesso lynch even more likely than Fanderays, for me puts Telas near the top of the town pile for now.

Personally I think its down to Ultama and Omtose, Fanderay have been really vocal all game, and if she's playing ballsy killer then she has a pair of big ones.

going to try a bit of isolation

#273 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostUltama, on 12 January 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

I was blind-siding the talkative active players at the time. Serc dropped a comment that made me think about that and I actually had time to reread the thread and picked up on Fandy's behavior.

Historically, I've always had a leaning for low-posters because that's how I play scum.

have been through the thread a few times, somethings still niggling me about ultama, its pure gut, this post is the only one that really caught my eye cause it reads like "oh can't be scum, I'm posting, and I ALWAYS low post as scum, dont mind me do do do do do" (paraphrasing)

Omtose has so little out there.

Drops the hammer on Lock, their first proper post in the game was to start the train on Serc.

then theres this post:

View PostOmtose, on 17 January 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

we should have today before d-day. On one hand, I really don't want Fanderay alive until tomorrow. On the other hand, I've got a really bad tingling feeling in my tummy about Ultama. I will take a look at everything they have posted by tomorrow night and do a right up.

this just reads really awkwardly to me.
You don't want Fandy alive until tomorrow, If you think she's the killer and we lynch her, there wont be a tomorrow surely. Then there's the link onto the bad feeling on Ultama, it feel like lynchrailing to me, and well I just have more of a gut feeling of offness than anyone else at the minute.

I'm going to bed as I'm shattered, I'm going to drop a vote here for the night to poke the bear anyway.

vote omtose

#274 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 12 January 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

It is a lynch!

Players not voted: Omtose, Lock

1 Omtose: Kessobahn
1 Fanderay: Telas
6 Kessobahn: Kaschan, Gamelon, Okaros, Ultama, Serc, Fanderay

Kessobahn has been lynched! He was Tattersail and one of the Evil Twins

It is Night.

Gamelon has been killed. He was Nom and RI.

On the train home on my phone.

So I keep going back to the kesso lynch, and I feel like where Ultama joined, he could have still had his vote on me and possibly turned the tide. 4th out of 6 solidly swung the train into Kesso's direction.

Kaschan has been PId by everyone because he started the train, and if he is scum then I'd say masterfully done since he's drawn no suspicion all game.

Neither Telas nor Omtose voted Kesso, but Kesso had a vote on Omtose he never bothered to remove. Distancing?

I think it has to be one of those 2. I need to reread when I get home.

#275 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

Clock: 20h 12m
Players not voted: Telas, Fanderay, Ultama, Omtose

1 Omtose: Kaschan

#276 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

View PostKaschan, on 17 January 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

You don't want Fandy alive until tomorrow, If you think she's the killer and we lynch her, there wont be a tomorrow surely. Then there's the link onto the bad feeling on Ultama, it feel like lynchrailing to me, and well I just have more of a gut feeling of offness than anyone else at the minute.

I'm going to bed as I'm shattered, I'm going to drop a vote here for the night to poke the bear anyway.

vote omtose

If Fanderay is the killer the game ends and nothing matters at that point. It is imperative to always plan for your own beliefs being wrong and to act accordingly. Therefore, I want to remove someone as suspicious (If not due to their conduct, then due to the amount of heat drawn) as Fanderay before D-day so she isn't there at the back of our minds. There is nothing weird about that.

#277 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostOmtose, on 18 January 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

View PostKaschan, on 17 January 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

vote omtose

If Fanderay is the killer the game ends and nothing matters at that point. It is imperative to always plan for your own beliefs being wrong and to act accordingly. Therefore, I want to remove someone as suspicious (If not due to their conduct, then due to the amount of heat drawn) as Fanderay before D-day so she isn't there at the back of our minds. There is nothing weird about that.

o for the benefit of the doubt, what are your thoughts on everyone else?

#278 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:11 AM

View PostTelas, on 12 January 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

View PostTelas, on 12 January 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

If I was to look for a middle of the pack scum, I'd say Lock. HE gets called out for having 3 posts, he posts twice to question why he is suspected, then he says "oh yeah.. I guess I haven't been posting any content.. *shrug* " and disappears Remove vote vote Lock until I figure out which one of the 4 active players (Fandy, Game, Kesso, Ultama) might be linked to him.
My vote should actually be on Lock in that lynch scene, PS. And yay for dead scum!This does put me in a bad light, though. Either today or tomorrow the rest of town ought to consider lynching me to get rid of a possible distraction. My suspicion of Lock has not been allayed. Serc's reaction I'm unsure of- was it bluster or genuine?Hmm. For now, vote Lock

View PostOmtose, on 16 January 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

I want to point out that Fanderay started today by going after the only person on thread she knew she would not be alone in attacking.She is trying to create another distraction.

It should be 3 votes to lynch PS.we should have today before d-day. On one hand, I really don't want Fanderay alive until tomorrow. On the other hand, I've got a really bad tingling feeling in my tummy about Ultama. I will take a look at everything they have posted by tomorrow night and do a right up.

damnit... after rereading I'm kind of on tbe fence...

Omtose looks like textbook scum by lowposting, not voting his partner and making comments like tge ones above.

Telas birddogged lock, and has contributed without IMO sticking hs neck out too far. Plenty of post count and not horribly controversial on his votes.. either a lowposter or yours truly. I could characterze his play as "smooth" .

i think i"d like to hear/see more before voting.

#279 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:12 AM

I'm sleepy and tired, so this may not make a lot of sense, but here we go:

First of all, I have two different lists in my head. The first one is ranked according to the probability of being scum and the second one is ranked according to who I prefer for being lynched today. I'm not going to include myself in either list because it would be pointless.

Probability of being scum:
1.Telas
2.Fanderay
3.Ultama
4.Kaschan

Lynch preference:
1.Fanderay
2.Telas
3.Ultama
4.Kaschan

There is a reason for the discrepancy between the two lists and it has to do with my penchant for WCS planning. Namely, I always assume that scum will be lynched on dday and not before that. If we lynch the most suspicious person (imo, Telas) today, and he turns out not to be scum and we go to dday, the result will be someone with as much baggage as Fanderay being on thread. Just the sheer level of wifom and bullshit laden argument available to the killer left on that day (if Fanderay isn't the killer, wcs) would be ridiculous.

If we do lynch Fanderay today, we will have a far less muddy picture to work with.

Furthermore, I have a sneaking suspicion that the lack of an NK that one time may have been due to the existence of alternating NKs. i.e. the remaining killer can kill once every two nights. This would explain why Fand's (I think) belief about timing causing no NK may have been incorrect.

Anyways, I'd be up for a Telas or Fanderay lynch today. My reread of Ultama didn't give me any information that I didn't already have and I have no concrete reason to believe that he is scum. Kaschan is still VPI in my eyes for the first day case. Telas' single minded pursuit of Lock could have been his tactic for coasting. It's not much, but that's all I have.

#280 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:29 AM

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

I have seven people I need to look at (what with the two dead we have and me looking at me being unseemly).Our of these 7, I believe two to be VPI. Kaschan laid down the first vote on Kess yesterday and built a case that was too strong and well thought out to be a distancing attempt, specially for day 1. Because of that I'm not considering him a suspect for scum unless something major happens. No one mentioned him today on thread, which leads me to believe most people agree with this. Telas changed his vote from Fanderay to Lock while Fanderay and Kess were both on 3 votes, this made Kess more likely to be lynched. Unless Kess and Fand are both scum and Telas is their symp (something I find very unlikely based on the number of players and the twin theme) there is no logical way of sticking scum to Telas, therefore I consider him VPI as well. I believe Okaros to be PI, as he was the person to put Kess on 3 votes and make him a serious lynch candidate. Although I don't have any read on him beyond that. Lock shouldn't be lynched today, no respectable scum would miss the chance to vote for their partner as they are getting lynched on the first day, I would suggest looking at Lock again tomorrow (and I will probably do so myself as well), because his play today was rather panicky.Ultama again puts Kesso in the lead while the Fand and Kess were both on 3 votes, PI or possible distancing. I'm keeping an eye on him, but he isn't a good candidate for now.Now the clusterfuck of Fanderay versus Serc: Fanderay being the hammer versus Serc putting on the L-1 votes doesn't seem to make much distinction between them:Serc makes this horrible post to equalize the votes at 3 after Okaros puts Kesso at 3 votes:

View PostSerc, on 12 January 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Mafia is like poker. Scum tell stories and Townies holler "Deal!"Vote Fanderay
This can turn out horrible if your partner gets lynched and people jump on you for defending them, but it can possibly save the partner as well. Furthermore, even though Fanderay was a serious contender for being lynched, she didn't immediately vote Kess to try to force the lynch the other way. The existence of the OMGUS self serving vote doesn't tell me much (because it makes sense for both town and scum to do it), but when someone doesn't act that way it's significant for me. It means that there is something peculiar going on:1. It can be a townie who doesn't want to rush into a lynch and is not afraid of dying.2. It could be that the alternative is your scum partner. Option 1 may be more probable later in the game, but I find that sort of thinking rather unlikely when the thread is just looking for a random to kill on day 1. This line of evidence suggest that Fanderay is more likely than Serc to be scum.Between Serc and Fanderay, the former has been acting far worse on day 2 than the latter. Serc was the one that mentioned Lock's supposed slip for the first time and he kept trying to direct people towards it, possibly in order to shed some heat from himself. Furthermore, he even got offended when Fanderay dared to assert that not many people are taking the slip thing seriously.

View PostSerc, on 12 January 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 12 January 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostSerc, on 12 January 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 12 January 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

[I don't think anyone has "jumped" on the y'all thing other than Telas, although your reaction to him sounds a bit too defeatist. As Kaschan said, there is plenty of time left to day, so I think it's a bit early to be dropping my vote just yet.
It hasn't been jumped on, but it's been mentioned. And by you, too. Or where you just mindlessly following me? I'm kinda creeped out by that (not really).
I guess you are deliberately misreading. I think Telas is the only one that has voted for Lock, no?
Voting for Lock and "jumping" on the "y'all" comment are two different things. So, no, I'm not misreading, deliberately or otherwise.
Fanderay's possible scum behavior on day 2 has been limited to being too agreeable and allegedly (allegations brought by none other than Serc) being a lying little shit. I find this behavior rather normal.At the end of the day, I prefer Serc over Fand for today's lynch. Because while both of them have done scummy shit so far, Serc has been noticeably worse (both of them have compromised positions in the day1 lynch train, while only Serc can be reasonably accused of acting scum on day 2). We have 8 people left in the game, based on the twin theme only 1 of the remaining people is scum. Considering that, we have at least 2 more lynches (not counting today's) to get rid of Fand if Serc doesn't pan out. Vote Serc

View PostOmtose, on 18 January 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

I'm sleepy and tired, so this may not make a lot of sense, but here we go:First of all, I have two different lists in my head. The first one is ranked according to the probability of being scum and the second one is ranked according to who I prefer for being lynched today. I'm not going to include myself in either list because it would be pointless.Probability of being scum:1.Telas2.Fanderay3.Ultama4.KaschanLynch preference:1.Fanderay2.Telas3.Ultama4.KaschanThere is a reason for the discrepancy between the two lists and it has to do with my penchant for WCS planning. Namely, I always assume that scum will be lynched on dday and not before that. If we lynch the most suspicious person (imo, Telas) today, and he turns out not to be scum and we go to dday, the result will be someone with as much baggage as Fanderay being on thread. Just the sheer level of wifom and bullshit laden argument available to the killer left on that day (if Fanderay isn't the killer, wcs) would be ridiculous. If we do lynch Fanderay today, we will have a far less muddy picture to work with.Furthermore, I have a sneaking suspicion that the lack of an NK that one time may have been due to the existence of alternating NKs. i.e. the remaining killer can kill once every two nights. This would explain why Fand's (I think) belief about timing causing no NK may have been incorrect.Anyways, I'd be up for a Telas or Fanderay lynch today. My reread of Ultama didn't give me any information that I didn't already have and I have no concrete reason to believe that he is scum. Kaschan is still VPI in my eyes for the first day case. Telas' single minded pursuit of Lock could have been his tactic for coasting. It's not much, but that's all I have.

OK, this makes no sense to me. You previously said Telas was VPI and now he's most suspicious. There are no posts in between that highlight this change in mind.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users