• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 138.5: Evil Twins

#281 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

sorry i didnt underline and just linked posts. I'm still on my phone.

#282 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

Okaros, Serc, and Lock are dead. So they can't be scum. My reread on Ultama led me to believe that he was not likely to be scum. I don't consider you most likely to be scum (though you are close) because of your play after day 2. You've been constantly active and talking on thread in a way which doesn't characterize scum to me.

The only remaining option is Telas. His singular obsession with Lock was weird but not that suspicious at first. The fact that he hasn't done anything at all after Lock was lynched is the main thing that makes me believe he is likely to be scum. He tried to coast by alleging coasting on Lock's part and now that Lock is dead, Telas is completely silent (although I admit work may have something to do with that too).

#283 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostOmtose, on 18 January 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Okaros, Serc, and Lock are dead. So they can't be scum. My reread on Ultama led me to believe that he was not likely to be scum. I don't consider you most likely to be scum (though you are close) because of your play after day 2. You've been constantly active and talking on thread in a way which doesn't characterize scum to me.

The only remaining option is Telas. His singular obsession with Lock was weird but not that suspicious at first. The fact that he hasn't done anything at all after Lock was lynched is the main thing that makes me believe he is likely to be scum. He tried to coast by alleging coasting on Lock's part and now that Lock is dead, Telas is completely silent (although I admit work may have something to do with that too).

See? That wasnt so hard. Why didnt you say that before?

I need to think on this some more.

#284 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

you guys make for an interesting re-read.

#285 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:17 AM

ok, so one inevitable conclusion I have is that Fandy needs to be lynched at some point, b/c Game, Serc, Lock and Okaros were all pointing at her before they died. Plus her on-thread baggage of "misinterpreting" too many posts. Like it or not, her case is very difficult to ignore.

That being said.

Omtose is making an interesting about-face here. On Day 2, he was basically all about "Serc and Fanderay are the top suspects", and trying to create the impression of "if we lynch one and they are innno, tehn we should lynch the other one after". Given Fandy's track record, it's a sensible argument of sorts, but still, it feels like a set-up.

Now, it's interesting that Omtose didn't really push for this agenda on day 3. Instead he was happy to let me keep pushing for Lock. And then he hammered, reminding everyone that "this was not his choice". (which is kinda similar to what I did on Day 2, except I tried to convince people to vote Lock, whereas he just kind of sat there).
Looking at it, his Day 3 contribution was only 1 post weakly attacking Fandy, and then the hammer.
And now he's conveniently setting me up as scum, due to me pursuing a course he didn't actually disagree with.

Ultama I'm still not sure about.

#286 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

I decided to collect Ultama's voting posts to see if I can get a better handle on him, and here's what jumped out:

View PostUltama, on 12 January 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Anyways, I'll follow through on what I said I'd do earlier and hop to Kesso. I don't think that this is the right lynch for today, but with Telas jumping ship I think it's the only vote that still possible for today. My vote should put Kesso at L-2.

Remove Vote

Vote Kessobahn

L-1, actually.

But then there was this whole thing. Re-reading it, I'm getting real weird vibes:

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

View PostUltama, on 13 January 2017 - 04:06 AM, said:

The more I've about it today I've become less and less convinced that Fandy is scum. Yes she hammered Kesso, but that isn't enough for me today. Not when there is another huge question mark floating around this thread in the form of Telas. That play at EOD was bad enough even he admitted he needed lynched to clear that sit up.

Also, Omtose where the fuck are you?

On thread the entirety of today, waiting for someone to notice that I only have two posts in almost 60 hours.

Thanks for noticing.

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

View PostUltama, on 13 January 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

View PostUltama, on 13 January 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

In fact I think it might be a solid idea to shed Omtose today. So far he has contributed nothing to town. I think there is a chance that he could be the scum partner hiding. If nothing else it gives us more time to chew over the clusterfuck of finger pointing that has been happening between those of us actually around and participating.

Vote Omtose

That's actually a great idea!

Unless of course you have anything to add? You've been sitting out so far so you should have an outside view of this clusterfuck.

Actually I'm going over the thread right now and trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I gotta admit it feels like a novel written by a delusional paranoid.

Followed by Omtose's long-ass analysis and a vote on Serc.

View PostUltama, on 13 January 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Thanks Omtose. Going into today's vote
I've really been caught up on the Telas/Fandy/Serc triad. Your analysis really put the main issue I'd been having with Telas into a new light. I was hung up on his having removed from a viable train to go with something seemingly off the cuff and then failing to hammer after he claimed he would. Your analysis as to why his action points him away from being scum helped a lot there.

That leaves me with the Fandy/Serc issue. After mulling it over, I'm leaning Serc. His behaviors over day one and two have been divisive towards town causing splits between several players, his place in the lynch was questionable, and I'm still paranoid about how buddy-buddy he was with me day 1.

Remove vote
Vote Serc

View PostUltama, on 16 January 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm reading up now. So far I've noticed that Lock and Fandy have been rather active in their back and forth and that Kaschan still had an uneasy feeling about me.

I'll be back once I've actually read instead of skimmed.

View PostUltama, on 16 January 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

So my first thought is that Omtose is not the right one to be chasing. Mainly because Kesso dropped their second vote on him before the train built up. I don't think that when town had so little going in early day one that Kesso would have tried to draw attention to a low-poster partner like that. Even as an attempt at distancing.

View PostKessobahn, on 11 January 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Let's hear something from the lower end of the table shall we.

Vote Omtose

Is it just me, or is that particular alt always at the bottom of the pile?

View PostUltama, on 17 January 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

I'm in a similar spot to yours Telas. It's a real clusterfuck between them.

After some time thinking it over, I'm leaning Lock though. Fandy looks so unbelievably scummy that it would take brass balls to pull what she has been doing as scum. I also have a habit of looking at her as scum every game though.

Lock has been playing it much more safely and has been missing for a large amount of the game. The no nk due to not bring around to submit provisionals theory fits him to a t as well. Finally, if we don't lynch him, we're doomed to keep coming back to this point due to Telas' Eiffel Tower hardon.

Finally, gut. Just gut.

Vote Lock

View PostUltama, on 17 January 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

I know that this is crazy thinking, but I'm leaning towards Fandy bring town and either Telas or Omtose being the other killer.

I'll dig into the pair of them later tonight since I'm working for the next several hours.

I'm hesitant to say this, but these 2 are on the same brainwave A LOT.

digging up our WCS, if there's still a killer-symp combo, that'd have to be it.

Of course Ultama being symp doesn't really jive with his vote on Kesso. But that Day 2 convo, followed by the general silence of both on Day 3 (and both being the last votes) is just giving me real weird vibes.

thoughts, anyone?

#287 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

Basically bedtime now So I won't vote till tomorrow.

But the more I look, the odder Omtose looks right now. Though to be fair, everyone's game (my own included) seems weird. It's a scary time when Kaschan seems the most rational one.

#288 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

Because I probably won't be here for timeout, I'm going to place my vote now.

Vote Fanderay

#289 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

Clock: 11h 24m
Players not voted: Telas, Fanderay, Ultama

1 Omtose: Kaschan
1 Fanderay: Omtose

3 votes to lynch, 3 votes to Night.

It's a busy day and evening so I most likely won't be around exactly at timeout, but I will definitely resolve before going to sleep if no one beats me to it.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#290 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

Well, I've slept on it, and I don't really like Omtose's flip on Telas, on top of previously stated items like not participating on Kesso's lynch

vote Ontose

#291 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

I'm back, boss came for a site visit this morning the bastard.

I sort of get the train of thought on the lynch Fanderay to avoid WIFOM. But to me it screams of a set up to waste a day lynch, sorry Omtose, but if Telas is your too scum pick, that's where your vote goes.
The low posting coasting, non vote on Kesso, kesso's vote on Omtose, and the Telas is the prime scum candidate, let's lynch randy to lynch telas tomorrow all adds up to omtose being top of the pile for me. That's where my vote stays

#292 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

Clock: 5h 40m
Players not voted: Telas, Ultama

2 Omtose: Kaschan, Fanderay

3 votes to lynch, 3 votes to Night.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#293 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

Kas, any thoughts on the Ultama-Omtose interactions?

I really don't like both atm.

#294 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, I'm willing to bite and hammer that one. He's been playing suspiciously as fuck since day one and every bit of "reasoning" he has shared has led to the lynching of town. He looks like scum trying to line things up for dday.

vote omtose

#295 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Aaaaand it's a lynch!

Players not voted: Telas

3 Omtose: Kaschan, Fanderay, Ultama

Omtose has been lynched. He was EmperorMagus and RI.

It is now Night.

Fanderay has been killed. She was Lady Bliss and RI.

#296 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

It is Day 5. 3 players still alive.

Clock: 36 hours
Players not voted: Telas, Kaschan, Ultama

2 votes to lynch, 2 votes to Night.

#297 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Well, then.

Either Ultama got jumpy, or Kas has been playing us all along.

I need to take another look at him now.

#298 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Telas, why would I get jumpy when there was literally 0 pressure on me yesterday? Try again, that one doesn't make any sense at all.

#299 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

I asked Kas to comment on you and Omtose. You hammered in the very next post.

That being said, I'm still. Not sure what to make of you. What are the chances Kas actually set Tafts up like that to get his VPI status for the entire game?

#300 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

Kas voted Kesso out of the blue with about 8 hours on the clock on Day 1. He made no further comments till after the lynch.

This could have been extra distancing that backfired spectacularly. Or it could've been genuine.

Frankly, I'm kinda lost with that.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users