• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 138.5: Evil Twins

#221 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

I'm noticing that almost everyone said "either Fanderay or Serc are scum" during the previous Day... But now that Serc has come up RI, it doesn't seem like anyone cares about Fanderay at all...

Of course, my not being around as much as I'd like certainly contributes to that.

Telas is almost definitely town in my eyes - it's usually dangerous for scum to commit so strongly to a lynch to a point where it seems they have blinders on. Certainly my 'coasting' should not have been ignored. But he constantly pushed that my lynch would be smarter than any of the lynches that were made based on actual cases beyond the "well he hasn't said much" thing.

Fanderay seems scummiest to me, based on the couple of posts I pulled above, and the general feelings of the thread yesterday. Also this:

View PostFanderay, on 13 January 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

You are trying a bit hard to rally everyone against me.

Is a pretty scummy post in my eyes... It's a great way to cast doubt on someone without overtly accusing them of anything besides trying hard.

And also this:

View PostOmtose, on 16 January 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

I want to point out that Fanderay started today by going after the only person on thread she knew she would not be alone in attacking.She is trying to create another distraction.

vote Fanderay

I mean, it seems likely that you'll be lynching me today just so that you don't have to continue the "is Lock coasting scum" argument, and I'm fine with that for those reasons, at least it will be put to rest, but for the love of the gods, please have a serious look at Fanderay. I think of those left, he's certainly the most likely to be scum, and many of you have even said that yourselves when comparing him to Serc pre-lynch.

#222 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'm noticing that almost everyone said "either Fanderay or Serc are scum" during the previous Day... But now that Serc has come up RI, it doesn't seem like anyone cares about Fanderay at all...

Of course, my not being around as much as I'd like certainly contributes to that.

Telas is almost definitely town in my eyes - it's usually dangerous for scum to commit so strongly to a lynch to a point where it seems they have blinders on. Certainly my 'coasting' should not have been ignored. But he constantly pushed that my lynch would be smarter than any of the lynches that were made based on actual cases beyond the "well he hasn't said much" thing.

Fanderay seems scummiest to me, based on the couple of posts I pulled above, and the general feelings of the thread yesterday. Also this:

Is a pretty scummy post in my eyes... It's a great way to cast doubt on someone without overtly accusing them of anything besides trying hard.

And also this:

I want to point out that Fanderay started today by going after the only person on thread she knew she would not be alone in attacking.She is trying to create another distraction.

vote Fanderay

I mean, it seems likely that you'll be lynching me today just so that you don't have to continue the "is Lock coasting scum" argument, and I'm fine with that for those reasons, at least it will be put to rest, but for the love of the gods, please have a serious look at Fanderay. I think of those left, he's certainly the most likely to be scum, and many of you have even said that yourselves when comparing him to Serc pre-lynch.

So after posting nothing all game, you basically parrot what others have said, and don't really build a case other than "well other people thought she was scummy" and "since Serc CFd town, then Fanderay must be scum".

You aren't overwhelming me with a logical case. I'm only guilty of being one of the higher posters this game by trying to get people to start talking on day 1. I've also voted and made my opinions clear. That behavior makes absolutely no sense for a scum player that is already down their partner, with 7 players still alive.

You have latched onto Omtose's comment, which may also be interpreted as a defense of you since several of us have mentioned that you have coasted too long.

#223 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Interesting.

Anyone knows when Okaros is usually around? They also kinda dropped off on Friday...

#224 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

You have latched onto Omtose's comment, which may also be interpreted as a defense of you since several of us have mentioned that you have coasted too long.

There were 2 scum, one of them got lynched. Why, then, would Omtose be defending me?

#225 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

There were 2 scum, one of them got lynched. Why, then, would Omtose be defending me?

So you assume there is no symp?

#226 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Well, there's no mention of a symp in the OP, and there are not really enough players to warrant a symp, so yeah, I assume there's no symp.

#227 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

And also this:

vote Fanderay

So after posting nothing all game, you basically parrot what others have said, and don't really build a case other than "well other people thought she was scummy" and "since Serc CFd town, then Fanderay must be scum".

You aren't overwhelming me with a logical case. I'm only guilty of being one of the higher posters this game by trying to get people to start talking on day 1. I've also voted and made my opinions clear. That behavior makes absolutely no sense for a scum player that is already down their partner, with 7 players still alive.

I mean, if you want to deliberately ignore the case I just made, or, you know, disregard the comment I made earlier about how your being the hammer vote on the Kesso lynch was pretty suspicious, then I suppose you're right that I haven't done anything today.

#228 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well, there's no mention of a symp in the OP, and there are not really enough players to warrant a symp, so yeah, I assume there's no symp.

there usually isn't?

#229 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

there usually isn't?

Well, you and I must have completely different experiences with Mafia, because when there's a symp in the game, we're usually made aware that there's a symp in the game...

#230 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

And also this:

vote Fanderay

I mean, if you want to deliberately ignore the case I just made, or, you know, disregard the comment I made earlier about how your being the hammer vote on the Kesso lynch was pretty suspicious, then I suppose you're right that I haven't done anything today.

I'm not ignoring it, but its weak sauce. You have yet to vote all game, so i guess its pretty easy for you to say that you didnt hammer or vote Serc, huh?

#231 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

Anwho, i feel pretty good voting Lock, especially now that he's come out of the woodwork, but I would also consider Omtose. The last killer is one of them.

#232 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

there usually isn't?

Well, you and I must have completely different experiences with Mafia, because when there's a symp in the game, we're usually made aware that there's a symp in the game...

Basic rule of thumb is to have 1 scum for 3 town players. Going by that ratio, a 10 player M&P should not have a symp if there's 2 killers.

But mods often don't stick to this, especially when there are town roles to "balance" things out.

Which is to say, we can't be sure iif there's a symp, but it's always wiser to assume that it's WCS and there is one.

#233 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostTelas, on 16 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

there usually isn't?

Basic rule of thumb is to have 1 scum for 3 town players. Going by that ratio, a 10 player M&P should not have a symp if there's 2 killers.

But mods often don't stick to this, especially when there are town roles to "balance" things out.

Which is to say, we can't be sure iif there's a symp, but it's always wiser to assume that it's WCS and there is one.

An argument can be made that not all mods will reveal that there's a symp, but a mod will ALWAYS reveal if there are town roles, and Siergiej did nothing of the sort. Not to belabour this, but I think Fandy's just trying to find any way to cast a shadow of doubt on any case against him. I mean, I'm the person everyone is least likely to listen to today due to my inactivity, and yet he got pretty jumpy the moment I started making a case against him, even though he's one of the people who were poking me and trying to get me to actually participate.

#234 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostLock, on 16 January 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostTelas, on 16 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

there usually isn't?

An argument can be made that not all mods will reveal that there's a symp, but a mod will ALWAYS reveal if there are town roles, and Siergiej did nothing of the sort. Not to belabour this, but I think Fandy's just trying to find any way to cast a shadow of doubt on any case against him. I mean, I'm the person everyone is least likely to listen to today due to my inactivity, and yet he got pretty jumpy the moment I started making a case against him, even though he's one of the people who were poking me and trying to get me to actually participate.

I've responded to most posts/questions that have directed to me all game, while YOU have posted more in the last few hours then the last several days combined. If anyone is getting jumpy it would be you.

#235 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

I've responded to most posts/questions that have directed to me all game, while YOU have posted more in the last few hours then the last several days combined. If anyone is getting jumpy it would be you.

To be rather honest here, I posted about as much in the last few hours as I did when Telas and I had our back and forth during Day 2 about this. *shrugs*

I don't think it's jumpy to participate when I have the time to participate. Which I did, when I had time to do it. I've made my points, pointed out things that I felt needed to be pointed out, and in no way denied that I've had less than stellar attendance this game. It happens. It also happens to be a poor reason to vote for someone, imho. I mean, you're going to lynch me, and if I turn up scum, then congrats, you've won the game. I won't, though, and now you'll get just about zero information from my lynch. Whereas a lynch on someone like you, who has ruffled feathers, and done some outright scummy things, and had folks actually making cases against you / analyzing your play, well, a wellspring of information there if you don't end up CFing scum, which I'm very doubtful of anyway.

#236 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

on laptop reading up

#237 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Not sober. Let me know if I misread something.

Clock: 8h 58m
Players not voted: Okaros, Omtose, Kaschan, Ultama

2 Lock: Telas, Fanderay
1 Fanderay: Lock

4 votes to lynch, 4 votes to night.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#238 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

View PostFanderay, on 16 January 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Anwho, i feel pretty good voting Lock, especially now that he's come out of the woodwork, but I would also consider Omtose. The last killer is one of them.

This post right here is making me consider voting Fanderay. It just screams to me of lynchrailing (now a word, meaning to preempt to railroad several lynchs in a row through).

Locks useful contributoin has spiked today, unsurprisingly given the pressure exerted, I'm still reasonably comfortable with my vote due to non participation in both lynches and purely reactionary play on day 1 and 2, the activity has only spiked with the likelihood of a lynch, and theres the "lynch me for the good of the town" schtick.

#239 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostKaschan, on 16 January 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

and theres the "lynch me for the good of the town" schtick.

I am really quite serious bout this though. If all we're going to do is circle around why I should be lynched for days on end, then I should just be lynched. It's better to do it now than tomorrow as tomorrow could be D-Day. I acknowledge that this statement goes against my belief that there's no symp - and I do still believe that. However, If you're not so sure, then lynch me now so you get your answer. Then, if there IS a symp, at least you'll still have time to try to figure out who the last scum is.

#240 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'm here! Sorry for my absence in the last day, I ended up being busier than expected. I just need a second to get my thoughts in order.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users