Malazan Empire: Nintendo Switch - Nintendo's new console/handheld hybrid - Malazan Empire

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo Switch - Nintendo's new console/handheld hybrid Now you're playing with... a cheap looking peripheral?

#161 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

So the Switch is region free but Nintendo wont commit to proposing that all software from all regions will work on switches from all regions. I think they are just covering their ass here on some fringe titles.

The warranty is not international though.

The one concern I have is that they warn about voltage differences. Japan uses current of 100 V from their wall plugs whereasss south Africa uses 220 V. I can get a simple charge adapter or even buy a local one but will the device itself have issues? Anyone have any electrician like knoweldge

#162 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

That depends on Where you're buying the hardware I guess. If you're importing its probably region specific.

#163 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 03 April 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

That depends on Where you're buying the hardware I guess. If you're importing its probably region specific.

I think I am safe. I did some research and the switch charges through USB-C and USB 2 on the dock. Any usb chargers should work

#164 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Any you Nintendo master race going to get the Labo on release (this Friday, April 20)? I'm interested in people's thoughts about it. I really want to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild and if this Labo stuff (which I think is a way cool concept) knocks everybody's socks off, then I think that might be enough for me to get a Nintendo Switch.

#165 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:23 AM

I'm still not really sure how much game you get out of this stuff. I foresee it being truly more of a toy and a novelty party/family gathering curiosity.

I am excited to see the reviews though. I imagine Giant Bomb is going to have fun making videos with the stuff.

#166 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

The labo stuff is cool but I won’t be spending any money on it. Maybe when my son is a little older I might get some for him.
Error: Signature not valid

#167 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:21 PM

Unless the Labo stuff is really amazing I don't think I'll be getting it, unless there's some super cheap.

I would definitely recommend buying the Switch, I just got mine a month or two ago and I love it. I remember when it first came out hearing how good Breath of the Wild is and thinking it wasn't worth it to buy the console for one game.
Now I would absolutely say it is worth it even if you just got Zelda. That game is amazing, I've been playing it like crazy since I got it and still figuring out new things, the physics and how everything interacts blows my mind.
I'm looking forward to when I get some more money and can buy more games (just have Mario Kart also right now) but for now I'm set just playing Zelda for the next few months.
In the language of flowers corn stands for trust.

#168 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

Zelda was worth buying the Switch for me. It was REALLY good.

From what I've seen of the LABO stuff, I think it's the kind of toy people who are into Technical Lego (Not sure what the actual English brand name is). The kind of stuff that is expensive, complicated and more fun to build than to actually play with.

#169 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lego Technic is the word you're looking for. The next step after Lego System.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#170 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 May 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Not a Zelda fan but I will buy one eventually for the Xenoblade games.

This game will make you a Zelda fan! It's becoming one of my favourite games of all time.

#171 User is offline   Gintokian 

• High Fist

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

I do wish they had made it backwards compatible like the wii so I could play all my old gamecube games on it, I found my old copies of ssmb, harvest moon, and the original animal crossing.
Or at least I hope they come up with a virtual console that can play gamecube games, they would make so much money.

#172 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:45 PM

Well, when I finally crack over the next little while and buy one of these, should I get the full version or the lite? I'm more interested in playing as hand-held than needing it hooked up to the TV (where my PS4 is anyways)....any opinions from those who have it?

And yes. I want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#173 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 April 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well, when I finally crack over the next little while and buy one of these, should I get the full version or the lite? I'm more interested in playing as hand-held than needing it hooked up to the TV (where my PS4 is anyways)....any opinions from those who have it?

It's super hard to buy one now. Everyone wants one.

That being said, I would go for the full because there is a decent chance that you play a game with your family. I bought a Switch a long time ago and am now playing Link's Awakening with my wife as copilot.

We sometimes play other games like Mario Party with her participating directly.

It's one more option for family entertainment.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#174 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:59 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

It's super hard to buy one now. Everyone wants one.

That being said, I would go for the full because there is a decent chance that you play a game with your family. I bought a Switch a long time ago and am now playing Link's Awakening with my wife as copilot.

We sometimes play other games like Mario Party with her participating directly.

It's one more option for family entertainment.

My local The Source (radio shack) has them in stock. Lots apparently.

That's a good point about playing with family. Might be worth the extra cash. And my wife would certainly play some Zelda with me...very good point.

Thanks for the opinion, it helps!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#175 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:22 PM

I also second getting the original version. Playing something like Zelda handheld is taxing. You should get a pro controller while you're at it.

#176 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:06 PM

View PostAptorian, on 06 April 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

I also second getting the original version. Playing something like Zelda handheld is taxing. You should get a pro controller while you're at it.

Noted. Cheers!

#177 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:58 PM

I got the pro controller and I find myself using the frame that acts like a slide in holder for the joy cons to slide into more bc then I only have to keep one controller charged. So I haven't used the pro controller in probably a year.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#178 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Masochist!

#179 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:32 PM

View Postamphibian, on 06 April 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

I got the pro controller and I find myself using the frame that acts like a slide in holder for the joy cons to slide into more bc then I only have to keep one controller charged. So I haven't used the pro controller in probably a year.

I've met you... I don't remember being shocked at how tiny your hands are, so I have no idea how you use the joycons, or the joycon frame that comes with the Switch, for more than about 7 minutes?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#180 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:20 PM

My niece and nephew are trying to talk me into getting animal crossings.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users