• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Trek Discovery Predictions on the new series

#361 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:06 PM

If it helps, I picked it up in S2 and watched the whole season only having there vaguest idea about the events of S1...and only saw S1 after the fact. So you should be fine from Ep 5 onwards to pick up the gist of it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#362 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:43 PM

At what point does Michelle Yeoh just start wiping out entire ship crews?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#363 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:55 PM

So this episode which is a kind of sequel of a really old episode is pretty fun. The one with the Talosians and Vina...

Also I'm definitely over Doctor Culver being all moody and "I died Paul, get away from me!" I dunno it drags the rest of the episode. I really like Stamets so I'm rooting for him.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#364 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 November 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

So this episode which is a kind of sequel of a really old episode is pretty fun. The one with the Talosians and Vina...

Also I'm definitely over Doctor Culver being all moody and "I died Paul, get away from me!" I dunno it drags the rest of the episode. I really like Stamets so I'm rooting for him.

It annoyed me too. It doesn't last forever, it's just PTSD.

Sidebar: Since this shoots in Toronto, last spring I was walking down the street to my house from the drugstore and Stamets (Anthony Rapp) walked by me and I had to do a double take. Crazy to see those Trek actors just walking around.

Also, did everyone know that there is a real Paul Stamets? He's a real life Mycelial biologist. I guess they named the Trek version after him because...mushroom travel! What a cool little Tuckerization of a real life individual!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#365 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

Oh I get it and I should be more patient with him but I think in this episode his scenes kind of jarred and took me out of the action somewhat. Though that confrontation with Tyler in the canteen was great fun.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#366 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:14 PM

Around that point in series 2 was when I firmed up my belief that everybody on the Discovery needs a therapist!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#367 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:41 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 04 November 2020 - 04:14 PM, said:

Around that point in series 2 was when I firmed up my belief that everybody on the Discovery needs a therapist!

Indeed. And I mean, knowing that they were essentially all hand-picked to be aboard a Black Ops Secret Project ship, I'm not at all surprised they are messed up individuals.

#368 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 November 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

Sidebar: Since this shoots in Toronto, last spring I was walking down the street to my house from the drugstore and Stamets (Anthony Rapp) walked by me and I had to do a double take. Crazy to see those Trek actors just walking around.

Also, did everyone know that there is a real Paul Stamets? He's a real life Mycelial biologist. I guess they named the Trek version after him because...mushroom travel! What a cool little Tuckerization of a real life individual!

You should have thrown a pokeball at him.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#369 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 November 2020 - 06:56 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 05 November 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

forum.malazanempire.com says:

Rating failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Sorry.

:thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 November 2020 - 06:57 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#370 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:13 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 November 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

View PostPrimateus, on 05 November 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

forum.malazanempire.com says:

Rating failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Sorry.

:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#371 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:29 AM

The Doctor could have saved that kid, using 24th century tech.

so who wants to bet that federation hq is on qronos

#372 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2020 - 05:01 PM

I’m pretty sure nearly everything that happened in the latest episode doesn’t make sense if you stop to think about it for even a second.

#373 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:28 PM

I enjoyed the last episode. It didn't do enough with the Barzan culture (although it was trying to) and it still feels a little rushed in places. Overall though, I'm excited for this to be the tipping point of change in the story.

Also, I'll say it again. Deanna Troi, you have never been needed more. We are not worthy. Everybody on Discovery needs a therapist....
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#374 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:20 PM

I didn't notice that the latest episode (aside from featuring both Canadian director David Cronenberg and THE MUMMY's Oded Fehr in Starfleet roles) had lovely tribute to the fact that the actor who played Nog on DS9 (who died last year at the age of 50) in that one of the new Federation ships that passed Disco while they were all geeking out about the new stuff, was the U.S.S. Nog.

A simple and lovely tribute.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 November 2020 - 04:23 PM

#375 User is offline   glasseye 

• Recruit

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:34 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 November 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

I didn't notice that the latest episode (aside from featuring both Canadian director David Cronenberg and THE MUMMY's Oded Fehr in Starfleet roles) had lovely tribute to the fact that the actor who played Nog on DS9 (who died last year at the age of 50) in that one of the new Federation ships that passed Disco while they were all geeking out about the new stuff, was the U.S.S. Nog.

A simple and lovely tribute.

I believe that it is an Eisenberg class ship to further the tribute.

#376 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 24 November 2020 - 03:29 PM

Just caught up to epsiode 6. Really enjoyed it - it feels like moving it's moving all the chess pieces around for whatever the second half of the season brings.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#377 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:41 AM

Ok I've finished season 2 it was a pretty great ending! Seems there won't be any more of Pike in season 3 which is a shame. Started season 3 - no more Federation?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#378 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 December 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ok I've finished season 2 it was a pretty great ending! Seems there won't be any more of Pike in season 3 which is a shame. Started season 3 - no more Federation?

If I recall correctly there was talk of a spin off show involving Pike (as well as one involving Giorgiou too)

Is that Federation chap at the end of the first episode not just the most wholesome thing you've ever seen??
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#379 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 December 2020 - 12:18 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 09 December 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 December 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

If I recall correctly there was talk of a spin off show involving Pike (as well as one involving Giorgiou too)

Is that Federation chap at the end of the first episode not just the most wholesome thing you've ever seen??

Well I was halfway through when Beth and Zach arrived home so I've not got there yet! I do quite like the new character of Shep... Oops, just Book. Also, Burnham on happy laughing gas in a shootout is excellent. Will finish the episode later.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#380 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 09 December 2020 - 12:47 PM

Ah sorry, jumping the gun. Enjoy the rest! :)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users