• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stranger Things Netflix 80s sf fun

#121 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

View PostExcrementEncephalon, on 03 January 2020 - 05:36 AM, said:

What a suckass entry on such a fun series. I was soooooo bored. Yawn. No magic to this one. Such a shame. I’m glad El got some beast mode time in but meh this season sucked hard.

Bruh what a let down

Yeah, but you like the Bachelor so your taste is broken and irrelevant.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#122 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Nope, haven't watched any wrestling in about 6 monts or so tbh.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#123 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

Okay, since that Stranger Things clip landed, theories are now a pop-a-loppin' all over the place that ST and MCU (via Black Widow) could be related. Jim Hopper = Red Guardian? You thilly gooses. Posted Image Posted Image

#124 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 August 2021 - 01:48 PM

Kablam!

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#125 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 August 2021 - 02:14 PM

Currently three episodes into series 2 on a rewatch for me, but a first watch for Mr Not a Blacksmith. It has been long enough for me now since first watch that I'm enjoying all the little bits and pieces I don't remember.

EDIT: Did anyone else think the Peter Gabriel version of Bowie's Heroes from the first series is just the greatest thing ever? Might have already been mentioned but it really hit me again this watch.

Excited for series 4 - I'm guessing by the absence of anything alluding to it being the last series, they decided to do at least a fifth. Hopefully it keeps up the quality and doesn't stretch too far.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 06 August 2021 - 02:15 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#126 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 August 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 August 2021 - 02:14 PM, said:

EDIT: Did anyone else think the Peter Gabriel version of Bowie's Heroes from the first series is just the greatest thing ever? Might have already been mentioned but it really hit me again this watch.

Yes! And when they reprise it for the scene after Eleven reads Hopper's letter at the end of S3...the tears...oh my god the tears.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#127 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 September 2021 - 05:28 PM

The latest trailer has lowered my expectations. Looks like it is taking a turn towards scary mansion, Scooby-Doo Mystery type deal. Which could be fine, but also puts a greater burden on the team to make it interesting.

On D to the G's "Fantasy News", he suggests it might be time to wrap up the show. I think I agree. I don't want to see it decline to bleargh/meh consistency.

#128 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 September 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

The latest trailer has lowered my expectations. Looks like it is taking a turn towards scary mansion, Scooby-Doo Mystery type deal. Which could be fine, but also puts a greater burden on the team to make it interesting.

On D to the G's "Fantasy News", he suggests it might be time to wrap up the show. I think I agree. I don't want to see it decline to bleargh/meh consistency.

I'll give it a try - whilst I know what you mean regarding the haunted house vibe, I do also think we've had three series of the same progressing (bigger nastier version of the monster, increase of Russians) so if done well it could be a welcome breath of fresh air. I however have to agree that they should probably be thinking about wrapping it up.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#129 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 October 2021 - 03:59 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 30 September 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 29 September 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'll give it a try - whilst I know what you mean regarding the haunted house vibe, I do also think we've had three series of the same progressing (bigger nastier version of the monster, increase of Russians) so if done well it could be a welcome breath of fresh air. I however have to agree that they should probably be thinking about wrapping it up.

It almost feels like we're due for a weak season after the relatively strong three we've had.
I suspect Netflix wants to ride the profit train a bit further. There were rumors of a cinematic release movie finale.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#130 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:24 PM

I ain't worried. I'm ready for some Poltergeist, House, and Evil Dead references. Heck, I'll take House 2 if they got a cute little baby dogerpillar. Maybe some Lost Boys since they're gonna be in another town a lot. And sure, maybe it'll be even more on the nose with the Goonies/exploration stuff, but that's fine, I like the Goonies. Plus Robert Englund has a recurring role this season, so I'm hyped.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#131 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 October 2021 - 10:52 PM

I think all of that trailer is simply the atmosphere setter and introduction to what brought them to indiana in the first place...
the thinness of the separation between worlds there.

You know hopper is still around. The Russians are still active in the upside down. Clock imagery all over the place, Chernobyl around the corner....

I think it sets a great vibe of adultish group doing a more thorough investigation into what sets that town apart.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#132 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 28 May 2022 - 07:39 PM

Started S4. Hoping for S1-2 jelly after that S3 shitfest.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#133 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 30 May 2022 - 05:38 AM

Umm wow strangers things went DARK.

Woah. Well this feels like *redacted*

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 31 May 2022 - 01:43 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#134 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 31 May 2022 - 12:09 AM

Cue wargames

Bout died .
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#135 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 June 2022 - 06:10 AM

Well I was happily wrong. What a great season so far!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#136 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:10 PM

We are only at Episode 4 of S4 so far, but holy hell it's been a great season thus far.

Also, can we talk about Victor Creel being played by original Freddy Krueger actor Robert Englund? Brilliant casting.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users