• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stranger Things Netflix 80s sf fun

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

4 episodes in. Things are starting to get fucked up. I say nuke the entire county and let god sort them out.

#42 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Just wait till the end of the next episode.

Also with regards to Bob...

Spoiler

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#43 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

Episode 7 and the beginning were a total waste.....

Otherwise great show
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#44 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Yeah, I'm watching episode 7 now and I don't really see the point of the episode. Maybe it works in a larger picture of a larger series but in connection with the story unfolding in the town, this isn't needed. It's just a distraction from what I really want to see.

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Episode 8:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 29 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Finished Season 2.

I was expecting something more calamitous than what we got but overall a very strong season I think. The whole 80's nostalgia thing was more played down in this season or at least I was less aware of it. Which I think was a downside. But on the other hand, besides a few tropey TV writing bits, the writing was strong and as before the characters/actors really make you care about what is happening. Everyone did a great job and I continue to love Winona Ryder's performance as a neurotic, protective mom. Just as the kids remain adorable in their own dorky/teenage ways.

Spoiler

Now I need to know if the creators have said anything about a season three.

What do you guys think?

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 29 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

#47 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

I really enjoyed Series 2!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 29 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#48 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Well, I kinda figured the previous experiments would come up more and more as the show went along. It did puncture one of my theories though:

Spoiler

Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#49 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

I wish

Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#50 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

As many have pointed out I did like the reference of 11 + 8 = 19

And was that gremlins music at that one point ?? I couldn’t been the only one that caught that....
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#51 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Watched S2 in 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Felt it lived up very well to nearly impossible expectations because of the excellence of S1. I agree with others that Ep 7 seemed a little awkward/out of place but I think the purpose of it may have been
Spoiler

I agree with AG that the 80s nostalgia seemed a good bit less this season. The part that really got me was seeing the old camera flash cubes! Did those things have 4 flashes in them and then they were spent? i can't exactly remember. And then the very next scene showed Mrs. Wheeler using a Polaroid, which was probably the newest tech in cameras then.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the whole season but am bummed its already over! May have to go back and binge both seasons again!.

#52 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

I loved the season and I actually really enjoyed ep7.

I think it was there to expand the universe out for s03, we're obviously going to see 008 again.

Also a decent article:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...nding-explained

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#53 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:55 AM

Really enjoyed season 2. Only character that fell flat to me was the stepbrother. Other characters sort of start as stereotypes and grow out of it in interesting ways.

But I think with him they were trying to avoid turning a bad guy good again like S1, and went needlessly over the top. They either needed to do more to set up his aggressive dickishness, or have his character reined in a bit as a minor foil.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#54 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 30 October 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

The part that really got me was seeing the old camera flash cubes! Did those things have 4 flashes in them and then they were spent? i can't exactly remember. And then the very next scene showed Mrs. Wheeler using a Polaroid, which was probably the newest tech in cameras then.

Yes, those are one shot flashes. The lever to advance the film would also turn the cube.

Posted Image

Kodak had another camera model that would have stick of flashes (5 in a row) and each picture use just use one up on the stick and then you'd flip it and use the other row.

Posted Image

My father worked for Kodak from the 70s - 90s. We had all the different types of camera models.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#55 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Absolutely loved Season 2! Great throughout, and a great slight shift to 80's Monster/creature movie style...and yes the first time Dart got away in the school, they played the GREMLINS score. Which was AWESOME.

Standout surprise badass of the season? Steve! Holy shit I was not expecting that trajectory for Steve, and it was SUCH a rich way to weave his character in a new direction. Great stuff!

Also, Nancy! Who knew?

Hopper and Eleven are still my faves on the show, but damned if Steve doesn't possibly overtake them.

Also, what the hell was the point of that Billy character? Asshole older stepbrother with an abusive dad? Sure. Am I expected to see anything else in him?

They say the plan is 4 seasons. So at this point I expect a POSSIBLE Eleven VS Eight season 3, and then season 4 can bring back in the Mind Flayer who is quietly brooding and focused in HARD on Eleven from the Upside Down.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#56 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Absolutely loved Season 2! Great throughout, and a great slight shift to 80's Monster/creature movie style...and yes the first time Dart got away in the school, they played the GREMLINS score. Which was AWESOME.

Standout surprise badass of the season? Steve! Holy shit I was not expecting that trajectory for Steve, and it was SUCH a rich way to weave his character in a new direction. Great stuff!

Also, Nancy! Who knew?

Hopper and Eleven are still my faves on the show, but damned if Steve doesn't possibly overtake them.

Also, what the hell was the point of that Billy character? Asshole older stepbrother with an abusive dad? Sure. Am I expected to see anything else in him?

They say the plan is 4 seasons. So at this point I expect a POSSIBLE Eleven VS Eight season 3, and then season 4 can bring back in the Mind Flayer who is quietly brooding and focused in HARD on Eleven from the Upside Down.

We finished it over the weekend as well. I am also expecting to see Modin's character (evil doctor/papa) again. Yeah I was really liking Steve this season. Billy is there for the same reason that Steve was there in season 1. Bad guy human character/Asshole highschool guy.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#57 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostVengeance, on 06 November 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Also, Nancy! Who knew?

We finished it over the weekend as well. I am also expecting to see Modin's character (evil doctor/papa) again. Yeah I was really liking Steve this season. Billy is there for the same reason that Steve was there in season 1. Bad guy human character/Asshole highschool guy.

Aka Venge ;)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#58 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

But as I said, they went needlessly over the top with Billy.

They wanted a bad guy to replace Steve. They didn't want him becoming a good guy like Steve. But the nuance of having the high school popular jerk maybe not being 100% jerk was some of their best writing in the series. And with Billy they got caught between two dimensional a-hole and enough backstory that they are trying to do something.

If you just want an a-hole human foil, tone it down a few levels, give him less time, and let him be a forgettable jerk like Steve's old wingman. If you want to develop how he's gotten to this point and have him be seriously messed up, it takes more than a car rant, stepparents, and one scary scene with a dad.

The only good Billy moment in the whole season is his flirting with the mom.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#59 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 06 November 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Also, Nancy! Who knew?

Aka Venge ;)

I didn't bloom into an asshole you know until after highschool. In highschool I was just a mild asshole with homicidal tendencies.

Also you should see some of the Strangerthings aftershow. They go into the formation of Billy and why they put him in. I suspect that we might start to see changes in store for billy next season. The back story with his dad is to show that not all bad guys are born that way..aka..mind flayer. Some are taught hate. The scene with his dad show cases the impact that hate in parenting can have on children growing up.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#60 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:21 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users