• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stranger Things Netflix 80s sf fun

#61 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Bronson looks freakier than Demogorogon.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#62 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

I thought ep 7 was very average but apart from that I thought season 2 was even better than season 1. Eps 5 and 6 were particularly brilliant. I loved the Aliens homage at the end of ep 6, and having 'Burke' watching the video feeds instead of Gorman was a lovely touch. As others have said, Steve was my favourite character this time. His bromance with Dustin was very funny.

#63 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

So now the duffer brothers are getting Hollywood blowback for making Sadie Sink to a kiss scene not in the script because (ostensibly) they teased her about it and she reacted nervously.

Not really sure how I feel about that one. I saw that Beyond Stranger Things episode and it never occured to me there would be a controversy, mainly because Sadie didn't seem particularly bothered by any of it. But on the other hand, that kiss added little to the show, and there is something a little iffy about having teens kiss essentially as a form of hazing.

The 'creepiest' thing in that episode was the other kiss story. "I'm coming in"

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 09 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#64 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostNevyn, on 09 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

So now the duffer brothers are getting Hollywood blowback for making Sadie Sink to a kiss scene not in the script because (ostensibly) they teased her about it and she reacted nervously.

Not really sure how I feel about that one. I saw that Beyond Stranger Things episode and it never occured to me there would be a controversy, mainly because Sadie didn't seem particularly bothered by any of it. But on the other hand, that kiss added little to the show, and there is something a little iffy about having teens kiss essentially as a form of hazing.

The 'creepiest' thing in that episode was the other kiss story. "I'm coming in"

That wasn't a creepy thing in the context that they were filming a kiss scene and wanted to get it correct. They only had to shoot 11 and mikes scene a few times. Because mike had the timing correct. They had to shoot lucas and max's scene 20+ times because they couldn't get the camera timing correct. It would be creepy if it was a real life kiss. But for a tv show kiss timing is key.

They extra's clapping that was weird.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#65 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

Watching season 2 now.

2 episodes in and I am hooked once again.

#66 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:11 PM

Season 3 teaser. Damn, I still have to watch season 2. You guys still with this? Or do you think it has run its course and should have stopped at season 2?

Here's a fun fact: Chick-Fil-A got its start in the food courts across shopping malls in the 80s.*

* queue someone to point out that Chick-Fil-A is a homophobic corporation and so would never eat there in 3 ... 2.... 1 (eat mor chikin)

#67 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

I'm really excited for a new series - the last two have been excellent, so I've no reason to expect less from a new series!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#68 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

I think I need to move season 2 up my priorities to watch list. I was sort of holding out to around Halloween time because I think season 2 may have those autumn creepy vibes, but just may have to try and get to it sooner.

#69 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Yah season 2 was pretty great. There's a unique episode that most consider the worst of the show -- though it's still very much part of 80s pop culture pastiche in its own way and worth it on those terms, imo -- but otherwise all the new stuff and characters rule.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

My memory of the second season is already hazy but I didn't like it as much as season 1.

I wouldn't mind more episodes but they need to change something drastically if they want to stay in the same town.

I thought they could have gone more crazy, I thought they were going more crazy, but the second half of the season settled for something a bit too safe

#71 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostBriar King, on 23 July 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 23 July 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Yah season 2 was pretty great. There's a unique episode that most consider the worst of the show -- though it's still very much part of 80s pop culture pastiche in its own way and worth it on those terms, imo -- but otherwise all the new stuff and characters rule.

It was my favorite episode of the season

Not my favourite, but I appreciated it much more on a second watch. The first time through I binged most of the series in one evening and I think its uniqueness in the middle of a run threw me out of it a little bit. Watching at a less crazy pace the second time gave me room to enjoy it. The main new female character (vagueness for spoilers) is interesting and credit due to the actress who has tremendous presence.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#72 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

So from this teaser, do you guys get the feels that The Upside Down will become digitized?

#73 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

AHHHHH! Plug this directly into my veins!

Also EXCELLENT use of Baba O'Riley!

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#74 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

Looks good!
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#75 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

Shut up and take my money!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#76 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:18 PM

I am on board for the Dustin/Steve bromance!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#77 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:45 PM

The mall, the carnival, the public pool: now that's a recipe for retro goodness!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#78 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

OMG that preview got me fired up! I cannot wait!

#79 User is online   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:46 AM

Sweeeeeeeet.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#80 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

If only Indiana was this cool IRL. First mall is legit though, grew up right there.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users