Malazan Empire: LUCIFER - TV series based on the Neil Gaiman character in Sandman - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LUCIFER - TV series based on the Neil Gaiman character in Sandman

#41 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

Just caught up on the last 3 eps this week. Finale was...fine. Felt a little like everyone was holding the idiot ball where Malcolm was concerned, but whatevs. The "healing feather" was pretty silly, and "Mother" (though a good hook for Season 2) made me roll my eyes. Still, an enjoyable show that definitely improved over the course of the season. Looking forward to the next.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#42 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

My favorite part of each episode is when Decker gives Lucifer the squint-eye.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#43 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, I enjoyed that as a start to a new season. I'm genuinely curious as to how they're gonna play out the storyline.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#44 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

It was fine enough, and the leads are always enjoyable to watch, but man am I getting bored with the cookie-cutter "mystery" every episode. Y'know: they get name A. A's innocent! but gives them name B. B leads them to C. Blah blah blah.

#45 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

Well, that was interesting. I hope the writers have a proper season (or maybe even multiple season) arc(s) planned out, rather than pulling a "Lost".
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#46 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

My wife and I love this show. It's a fun diversion. Some of the jokes hit so fast I find myself chuckling a second or two after the punchline.

This post has been edited by acesn8s: 26 September 2016 - 12:09 PM

“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#47 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

I've dropped a load of shows that I used to watch on a weekly basis due to time constraints but this is one that I have kept on the list.

Solid first episode and the ending wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by champ: 26 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#48 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:23 PM

Enjoyed the episode as well. Looking forward to seeing where they take the story this season. It's a tricky balance though trying to use the trappings of judeo-christianity while also subverting it. I'm happy so far, and at least it's good fun.

Spoiler

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

- Anonymous

#49 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostI Got Crabs, on 04 October 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

Such a great Ep tonight! Humor aplenty. Tricia is so fucking sexy..

Loved the episode title as well.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#50 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

Still watchable.

Although I wish it had a bit more bite to it; at the moment
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 11 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#51 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

"His burning bush?"
"Oh, very good! That was actually me by the way, so don't tell anyone."

"I reserve this kind of treatment for the truly terrible in Hell. Paedophiles, Nazis ... people who put their seats back on a plane."

:p

Spoiler

While I'm enjoying the questions being asked (mostly by Lucifer of himself) I'm hoping they won't cop out because it's a prime time US show, but rather ... go deeper(?)

This post has been edited by Captain Needa: 13 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#52 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

So when did he stop being irresistible to women? I couldn't even tell you when it happened, I only just noticed it.

EDIT: well, that got dark quickly.

This post has been edited by Captain Needa: 29 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

#53 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Didn't it just.

It kind of needed to though. I know these celestial beings are just inhabiting human forms but I wish they wouldn't keep calling them Mum/Dad etc. I like this show better when it bares its teeth - the inevitable cases of the week are far too formulaic.

Nice ending though.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#54 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:33 AM

To be honest i found this latest episode (MONSTER) a bit of a struggle with Lucifer being so mopey. But I really liked the scene at the end (at the office). Interesting to see what they do with it going forward.

- Anonymous

#55 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 01 November 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

To be honest I found this latest episode (MONSTER) a bit of a struggle with Lucifer being so mopey.

I didn't mind it so much, considering what he was dealing with at the time.

But I really liked the scene at the end (at the office). Interesting to see what they do with it going forward.

I thought that scene was very well done, they've been building up to it for a while now and the ... restraint (?) ... they showed was just right.

#56 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostCaptain Needa, on 01 November 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

But I really liked the scene at the end (at the office). Interesting to see what they do with it going forward.

I thought that scene was very well done, they've been building up to it for a while now and the ... restraint (?) ... they showed was just right.

My thoughts exactly. The underplaying of the reaction is much more effective than some hysterical over-acting.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Binder of Demons: 01 November 2016 - 11:48 AM

- Anonymous

#57 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

Agreed.

I haven't read the Lucifer comics, but I did read Sandman. I'm very interested in seeing Mom's end game. It really looks like she's turning Amenadiel against God.

#58 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:03 AM

I quite enjoyed the episode last night (with the stabby knife). Good that they're moving the story forward, with Mum setting her plans in motion, and Lucifer's doctor gradually getting to grips with her new reality (of a world with angels and demons). For all the fact that it's a weekly procedural, they've actually managed to keep things moving at a good clip over both seasons thus far.

I can't really remember the comics, but i do remember a significant character called Elaine, and the penny only dropped with me this evening that maybe the new forensic tech could be the TV show's version (since the detective refers to her as Ella). Just from the way they introduced her character at the start of this season, I figured she's going to have a significant role in some way. But I couldn't figure out in what way. They've already introduced a few other angels, so what are the odds of Michael showing up?

- Anonymous

#59 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

Damn, but I'm really enjoying this show!

Loving the changing dynamics among the various characters, especially Lucifer and the Doc. OMG character development.

#60 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

Well, well, well ... :p

Why is there a gap until Jan 16? That was only 10 eps. :(

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users