• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fear the Walking Dead

#21 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

I think the show's storyline has it for obvious reasons.

The really big question will be...

Will there be character/s that take's over..? I care about the walking dead characters. So far the Junkie is annoying, but he could be a character I like depending...everyone else?? I know it will take time and I get that.

This show is completely dependent on the characters coming across THAT certain way and superseding the storyline, this is something AMC has done very well so I am psyched to see how this goes.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#22 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

I don't know anything about withdrawal symptoms, is a grand mal seizure a known side effect? I'm wondering if they're having this character as a drug addict as a way of coping with other health issues? I mean, you have to make him sympathetic in some way, right?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#23 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostBriar King, on 14 September 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

Ep 3 was fucking intense! Pretty much non stop from start to a very great ending. Despite the aweful title for this show I haven't had a single negative thought these 3 episodes.

I liked the episode too and agree that the title is kinda lame :( I'm liking Nick more every episode. He may be a drug addict but I really liked the way he announced Susan was dead. He really did it in a way that gave off an "I don't give a damn" attitude :harhar:

#24 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

I love the Salazar family. Can't wait to learn more about their back story.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#25 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 03 September 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I don't know anything about withdrawal symptoms, is a grand mal seizure a known side effect? I'm wondering if they're having this character as a drug addict as a way of coping with other health issues? I mean, you have to make him sympathetic in some way, right?

If you were doing this over the course of a year??? then yes it's possible for something like this to happen, but I think you would have to be doing this pretty damn often. Your more likely to have this happen if you were mixing Oxy, which wouldn't suprise me at all. Long term <opiate> use..and I talking 200mg/day is more likely to do this..

Also this episode totally hit it for me! I'm finally really really pyched to see how the military hit squad's deal with this outbreak

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 14 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#26 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 14 September 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Also this episode totally hit it for me! I'm finally really really pyched to see how the military hit squad's deal with this outbreak

At the moment they seem to be doing good work. They're so pro I'm wondering how they will end up screwing up :harhar: Only scenarios I've come up with atm are that they run out of ammo, or a massive horde like the one seen in TWD EP1 decides to make closer acquaintances with the inhabitants of whatever street they're living on.

#27 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostEsa1996, on 14 September 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

At the moment they seem to be doing good work. They're so pro I'm wondering how they will end up screwing up :harhar: Only scenarios I've come up with atm are that they run out of ammo, or a massive horde like the one seen in TWD EP1 decides to make closer acquaintances with the inhabitants of whatever street they're living on.

The problem is it's everywhere at this point, any dead also turn, and injuries rapidly become more dead people with lack of medical care. Overwhelmingly Nasty. We know this though as the audience so we should be able to pinpoint when it really spins out of control. A modern city has what three days of food in it roughly?? So once those supplies go bye-bye due to supply lines stopping your going to have food/water/gas riots really quickly. This means more dead. People run out of drugs? How much of the populace goes nuts in this scenario...

Cities would have to be purged very quickly.

#28 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 14 September 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostEsa1996, on 14 September 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

The problem is it's everywhere at this point, any dead also turn, and injuries rapidly become more dead people with lack of medical care. Overwhelmingly Nasty. We know this though as the audience so we should be able to pinpoint when it really spins out of control. A modern city has what three days of food in it roughly?? So once those supplies go bye-bye due to supply lines stopping your going to have food/water/gas riots really quickly. This means more dead. People run out of drugs? How much of the populace goes nuts in this scenario...

Cities would have to be purged very quickly.

Yup. That's the horrible part about this world. Anyone who dies gets back up again (except for head trauma). Someone in your fortified community pass away in their sleep, you've got walkers inside the walls.

#29 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Slowest episode but I think the one I liked the most. No walkers but watching Maddie walk the streets outside the fence and then at the end when they took away the "injured" and then the closing shot of the house outside the fence really struck a nerve. I think the lack of the dead this episode really struck a nerve in that if shit really does hit the fan can we really trust those that we have counted on to keep us safe anymore?
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#30 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

View Posttwelve, on 21 September 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Slowest episode but I think the one I liked the most. No walkers but watching Maddie walk the streets outside the fence and then at the end when they took away the "injured" and then the closing shot of the house outside the fence really struck a nerve. I think the lack of the dead this episode really struck a nerve in that if shit really does hit the fan can we really trust those that we have counted on to keep us safe anymore?

I also agree that this was the slowest ep but I think it sets up the last 2 to be a flurry of activity/SHingTF. It's quite bizarre watching this show, at times, as a fan of the WD.
Spoiler
We knew to expect moments like that, of course, but it still feels strange. And yes, the final scene (the signal house across the hill) was pretty chilling. I'm expecting the last 2 episodes to be very intense!

#31 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

Friggin Nick stealing morphine from the dying neighbor, what a scumbag. Is it bad that I'm pulling for him and Travis to get eaten?

#32 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 22 September 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Friggin Nick stealing morphine from the dying neighbor, what a scumbag. Is it bad that I'm pulling for him and Travis to get eaten?

Yeah, that was just lovely. Knew he was way too together but couldn't figure out how. Nick MAY turn out decently if he makes it long enough, but he's going to have to really kick first. Travis is the new Dale although possibly worse. Dale wasn't adamantly opposed to guns that I know of. I guess its still early on in the process? Travis needs to wake up in a hurry.

#33 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 22 September 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 21 September 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

I also agree that this was the slowest ep but I think it sets up the last 2 to be a flurry of activity/SHingTF. It's quite bizarre watching this show, at times, as a fan of the WD.
Spoiler
We knew to expect moments like that, of course, but it still feels strange. And yes, the final scene (the signal house across the hill) was pretty chilling. I'm expecting the last 2 episodes to be very intense!

As to your spoiler comment I was thinking the exact same thing. I couldn't believe she just walked away. It was a What the fuck do you think you are doing moment. But based on where the series is it makes some sense. But with what they have seen I'm still very much surprised that she left it lying there.

#34 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:14 PM

Yeah he is a total ass and someone I wouldn't trust at all. But for some reason I feel that he isn't long for the series. I thought I saw a promo that suggests as such. Though I was distracted when it was on and when I paid attention to it when it caught my eye it was already past. Need to rewatch it to be sure. But as trailers go they like to deliberately deceive so I don't know how much I can bank on what I was seeing even if it was what I thought it was. Looking forward to the next couple. When does the Walking Dead start back up? Soon I suspect.

#35 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

View Posttwelve, on 23 September 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

Yeah he is a total ass and someone I wouldn't trust at all. But for some reason I feel that he isn't long for the series. I thought I saw a promo that suggests as such. Though I was distracted when it was on and when I paid attention to it when it caught my eye it was already past. Need to rewatch it to be sure. But as trailers go they like to deliberately deceive so I don't know how much I can bank on what I was seeing even if it was what I thought it was. Looking forward to the next couple. When does the Walking Dead start back up? Soon I suspect.

No way Nicks gonna be a survivor, if a person can go that far for his fix, he is definitely motivated to survive. His sister and Travis are SOL if they don't get there stuff together. Chris is going to record himself getting eaten probably..

#36 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 23 September 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 23 September 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

No way Nicks gonna be a survivor, if a person can go that far for his fix, he is definitely motivated to survive. His sister and Travis are SOL if they don't get there stuff together. Chris is going to record himself getting eaten probably..

Lol!! Good one!

Also, I think WD may premier 10/11. If I recall correctly, Fear finishes the Sunday before the WD premier, complete with a Talking Dead episode covering Fear and a look ahead to the S6 premier, I'm sure. There's 2 more eps of Fear so...

#37 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Are you kidding me? There is no way that Nick survives the long haul unless he cleans up. Every time we see him after he gets a fix he's out of it. How long do you think he'll survive against the walkers when they come across his insensate body? I'm guessing not long at all. Plus I have some serious suspicions about this "hospital" the National Guard members are taking people to. Remember the streets that Maddie was walking and what she came across? I'm probably just channeling Daniel's paranoia but as a fan of the other series you kinda have to expect this sort of thing.

#38 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

Plot twist, the hospital ISN'T a disposal point for the people who are too injured, hard to care for, or difficult to handle like Griselda, Doug and Nick, but a genuinely well meaning and thoughtfully run installation that does its best to help those it can which ALSO doesn't know that dead people who aren't bitten still come back, so it'll still all go to hell!

The National Guard are definitely turbo dicks though. 'Looters'.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#39 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

Now that would be a plot twist I wouldn't expect. The fact that Lisa went with them and that that National guard DR Extner wanted her to come does lend some credibility to that. Plus it's also early in the apocalypse so most people still alive haven't lost their humanity entirely.... yet.

#40 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

View Posttwelve, on 24 September 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? There is no way that Nick survives the long haul unless he cleans up. Every time we see him after he gets a fix he's out of it. How long do you think he'll survive against the walkers when they come across his insensate body? I'm guessing not long at all. Plus I have some serious suspicions about this "hospital" the National Guard members are taking people to. Remember the streets that Maddie was walking and what she came across? I'm probably just channeling Daniel's paranoia but as a fan of the other series you kinda have to expect this sort of thing.

What did that really signify though?
All I really got from that scene is that the one guy in the street was killed as a human, and I'm only assuming that because he had a gun very close to his corpse's hand. How many infected has Maddie seen to know that Walkers don't hang on to/carry tools? Hard to tell if anyone else was a walker or civilian. The girl/woman had a bullet hole in the head so she could have been dead or alive when shot. The whole scene would be shocking to Maddie, who wouldn't be used to corpses just being left around everywhere, but to me who's seen countless scenese like that on TWD it seemed like just any other Tuesday... So a human with a gun was shot, that doesn't really prove anything, he could have been waving it around and/or shooting it at the National Guard (if they were even the ones to shoot him). For all we know that guy in the street shot the woman in the head, and the National Guard dropped him, or some other random person dropped him.
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users