• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ferguson / USA Race Violence / Etc

#701 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:40 AM

View PostAptorian, on 02 June 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

That is a stupid picture. The officer is clearly not pointing the gun at the man or the child, the angle is off. You cannot see the situation behind the protester.

Also I think that guy is an incredibly irresponsible parent.

Uh Apt....

Not the same kid, but this kid was pepper sprayed. They are NOT being circumspect, a lot of them are acting like this shit is call of duty and taking out everyone...

Attached File  JS-COMP-CHILD-PEPPER-SPRAYED.jpg (527.63K)
Number of downloads: 0

------------------------------

Them attacking the press and medics and not caring is one of the signifiers that makes this time different.

In fact, isn't attacking a Medic TECHNICALLY a war crime?

But yeah, Press in war torn 3rd world countries aren't treated like this...but apparently cops can assault them on home soil and it's okay.

Also, I always assumed "rubber bullets" were small....they are the size of the palm of your fucking hand and do SERIOUS damage. I read one protestor on twitter who had the hospital tell her she's blind in one eye now from one.

They are also supposed to shoot them at the ground at an angle and ricochet them into the people to mitigate the physical damage they do...Every cop using them that I've seen are shooting them straight at people.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#702 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

The video of the white guy fully suited up with tactical gear, full face gas mask and an umbrella to hide his identity smashing a load of windows in Autozone is fun. Makes the claims of cops inciting and causing riots and damage even more plausible.

Also

Attached File  100744478_10157510059936094_2843519223286726656_o.jpg (94.69K)

#703 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 June 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

View PostAptorian, on 02 June 2020 - 03:50 AM, said:

That is a stupid picture. The officer is clearly not pointing the gun at the man or the child, the angle is off. You cannot see the situation behind the protester.

Also I think that guy is an incredibly irresponsible parent.

Uh Apt....

Not the same kid, but this kid was pepper sprayed. They are NOT being circumspect, a lot of them are acting like this shit is call of duty and taking out everyone...

Attached File  JS-COMP-CHILD-PEPPER-SPRAYED.jpg (527.63K)

------------------------------

Them attacking the press and medics and not caring is one of the signifiers that makes this time different.

In fact, isn't attacking a Medic TECHNICALLY a war crime?

But yeah, Press in war torn 3rd world countries aren't treated like this...but apparently cops can assault them on home soil and it's okay.

Also, I always assumed "rubber bullets" were small....they are the size of the palm of your fucking hand and do SERIOUS damage. I read one protestor on twitter who had the hospital tell her she's blind in one eye now from one.

They are also supposed to shoot them at the ground at an angle and ricochet them into the people to mitigate the physical damage they do...Every cop using them that I've seen are shooting them straight at people.

Bigger is better in this case. Also the bouncing thing isn’t always true, there are now dozens of types of these rounds and they all work differently. Bean bags are fired directly for instance. Also they are now called less than lethal as opposed to non lethal for a reason:

Also was that kid pepper sprayed in the face or was it a general pepper spray Grenade. Bringing your kid to these protests is retarded though. If your trying to use your kid as a human shield your scum and if your not leave him at home where it’s safe. At this point you know the cops are using pepper spray rounds.

I wonder if water cannons are a better option but I believe the us specifically and countries in general avoid them because of the history of their use in the civil rights movement.

This whole thing is getting out of hand but trump seems disinterested in deescalating and no one else seems to have the optics to achieve it.

#704 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:07 PM

I don't think it's a bad idea to bring your child to a demonstration to teach them about your democratic freedoms. But you shouldn't bring them to the front line. And when it's getting as bad as it is some places in the US you shouldn't bring them at all.

Unless you're one of those tough love parents and you think a bit of tear gas will be a valuable life lesson.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 02 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

#705 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:14 PM

View PostAptorian, on 02 June 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

I don't think it's a bad idea to bring your child to a demonstration to teach them about your democratic freedoms. But you shouldn't bring them to the front line. And when it's getting as bad as it is some places in the US you shouldn't bring them at all.

Unless you're one of those tough love parents and you think a bit of tear gas will be a valuable life lesson.

Have you missed all the video of cops randomly peppers spraying EVERYONE no matter if they are front line, kneeling in front of them, or walking away from them?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#706 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostCause, on 02 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Bringing your kid to these protests is retarded though. If your trying to use your kid as a human shield your scum and if your not leave him at home where it’s safe. (<----No one is doing this, don't be silly) At this point you know the cops are using pepper spray rounds.

Think about this statement for a moment Cause.

A protest, something that is mean to be a peaceful expression of the 1st amendment...is being met with pepper spray, rubber bullets, kettling, and police brutality...and it's somehow the PROTESTERS who are in the wrong for bringing their kid to a protest that is about their damned freedom?

This is the point. The cops are acting like Punishers. They don't see a peaceful protest. They see a challenge to their fucking power, and they are rebuffing it with the very thing being railed against, police brutality.

The narrative is scary. The amount of video I've seen since the weekend of near constant police brutality against peaceful protesters is...obscene, but somehow it's the protesters who should buckle, remove themselves, and not endanger the lives of their kids.

Guess who endangers the lives of those kids EVERY DAY anyways....the police.

#707 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

CBP is being deployed to DC: https://twitter.com/...571804056489984

I'd like someone with better understanding of nuance of US admin to comment on that but for an outsider it just looks like it's easier for Trump to pacify protester with his loyal racist troops than with the military.

#708 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

tbh a lot of the military is probably on his side, but aye, the CBP are basically his brownshirts.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#709 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 June 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 02 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Bringing your kid to these protests is retarded though. If your trying to use your kid as a human shield your scum and if your not leave him at home where it’s safe. (<----No one is doing this, don't be silly) At this point you know the cops are using pepper spray rounds.

Think about this statement for a moment Cause.

A protest, something that is mean to be a peaceful expression of the 1st amendment...is being met with pepper spray, rubber bullets, kettling, and police brutality...and it's somehow the PROTESTERS who are in the wrong for bringing their kid to a protest that is about their damned freedom?

This is the point. The cops are acting like Punishers. They don't see a peaceful protest. They see a challenge to their fucking power, and they are rebuffing it with the very thing being railed against, police brutality.

The narrative is scary. The amount of video I've seen since the weekend of near constant police brutality against peaceful protesters is...obscene, but somehow it's the protesters who should buckle, remove themselves, and not endanger the lives of their kids.

Guess who endangers the lives of those kids EVERY DAY anyways....the police.

You can’t have it both ways quiktidal, pointing out that the cops are gassing everyone everywhere and than say you can bring your kid to the peaceful protest. I’m pointing out the danger is known and real. Don’t take your kids! Don’t have your kid on your shoulders and stand within five feet of a police officer with a grenade launcher!

I support police reform, I hope the politicians make changes. But bring your kid into these protests is stupid!

Edit- wait CBP? Customs and border patrol? Seriously? Is this even legal? It involves no border and these people are citizens? I mean I guess they are federal agents but he is a moron if he can’t see the optics. I doubt anyone outside of his hardcore 40% will approve

This post has been edited by Cause: 02 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

#710 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

View PostCause, on 02 June 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

You can’t have it both ways quiktidal, pointing out that the cops are gassing everyone everywhere and than say you can bring your kid to the peaceful protest. I’m pointing out the danger is known and real. Don’t take your kids! Don’t have your kid on your shoulders and stand within five feet of a police officer with a grenade launcher!

I can indeed have it both ways. Peaceful protests should remain exactly that. It's the police who push them over that line in most situations. People aren't taking their kids to a protest they assume will get violent.

You're basically saying "don't take your kids out to these protests because they WILL turn violent"...and then back up and look at what you wrote and how it serves the cops narrative, not the protesters who simply don't want to...*checks notes*...be killed every day by police for no reason.

You get that right. It serves the police brutality narrative to be like "If you don't want to get hurt, or those you love to get hurt, stay home"...

#711 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

The videos of police cavalierly pepper spraying people with no cause is egregious as fuck. I've never been pepper sprayed, I have walked through an area after tear gas canisters have dropped and it is miserable. Getting pepper sprayed, point blank in the face, has the potential to do permanent damage, no?

#712 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

Attached File  border.jpg (78.74K)

So this picture is possibly a bit large, but this is the border that Border Patrol has jurisdiction over. 65.3 percent of the U.S. population lives within this border zone according to this 2008 article.

This post has been edited by King Lear: 02 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

*Men's Frights Activist*

#713 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

Does Tom Cotton recognise the irony of saying let's call in the 101 airborne on the protestors, the way a facist state would, and calling them antifa terrorists. Like yah, if they're antifa, that makes you the fa.

#714 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:29 PM

I remember hearing about it when that 100 mile border zone thing was implemented. In fact I think we discussed it here on the board. It was scary and abusable then and it still is now.

#715 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

A border some that size would make a lot of countries just a border

#716 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:29 PM

View PostMacros, on 02 June 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

Does Tom Cotton recognise the irony of saying let's call in the 101 airborne on the protestors, the way a facist state would, and calling them antifa terrorists. Like yah, if they're antifa, that makes you the fa.

He doesn't care, he's playing to his '2nd amendment, government bad' base, that's eating this up, because its a white man attacking POC's, instead of a POC attacking them, which is what they like to claim is happening.

Pieces of shit front to back. He literally said 'no quarter', which is a war crime. Ironically, just like using Tear Gas. But apparently it's ok to do to your own citizens.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#717 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

Trump also VERY specifically mentioned the 2nd amendment in his speech as a whistle to the alt-right gun nuts to come and defend him.

And I heard that DC literally shut the internet down overnight, then they went on social media and told everyone that all the protesters had 'gone home'...but were essentially denying protesters the ability to report live on the events overnight by denying them internet to do so. Anyone near DC have wonky net use last night? I'm not sure how true that report is, but if it is...that's hardcore fascist.

#718 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:40 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 June 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Trump also VERY specifically mentioned the 2nd amendment in his speech as a whistle to the alt-right gun nuts to come and defend him.

And I heard that DC literally shut the internet down overnight, then they went on social media and told everyone that all the protesters had 'gone home'...but were essentially denying protesters the ability to report live on the events overnight by denying them internet to do so. Anyone near DC have wonky net use last night? I'm not sure how true that report is, but if it is...that's hardcore fascist.

Everything I've seen on all social media is that in most places, if cops Kettle you (which is illegal in DC, but oh well), they confiscate all electronic devices you have, and you'll probably never give them back. What 'internet' do you think DC can shut down? Cell towers? Nah.

Ordering Border Patrol to clear peaceful protesters is Fascist. Trump's speeches are Fascist. I'm less afraid of military on US soil, then Trump's special tacticool gravyforce 6 followers who think they are going to 'cleanse the liberals', just like Tom Cotton told them to do.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#719 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

Saying tear gas is illegal iin warfare is a bit misleading. I think it is more a protection against chemical weapons that scooped up tear gas to prevent the possibility of weakening the ban by creating exceptions and loop holes, I doubt soldiers prefer being shot by bullets or artillery to pepper spray. There are real outrages enough without having to manufacture more.

#720 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:55 PM

View PostObdigore, on 02 June 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 June 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Everything I've seen on all social media is that in most places, if cops Kettle you (which is illegal in DC, but oh well), they confiscate all electronic devices you have, and you'll probably never give them back. What 'internet' do you think DC can shut down? Cell towers? Nah.

That's a fair point. People on social media today are just confused why all the commenting and posts and videos completely stopped at curfew, even after people supposedly "went home".

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users