• You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Rebels / Resistance

#41 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 January 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

And since then they've added yellow, and black into canon (VIA THE CLONE WARS)

Who had black?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#42 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostAbyss, on 14 January 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Who had black?

And what's more, did they go back?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#43 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Who had black?

Death Watch's two Viszlas both used the black saber, which was called Darksaber (no relation to the improved version of the Death Star, called Darksaber, in Kevin Anderson's book, also called Darksaber).

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Yep, they fought Ahsoka with them.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 14 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

Who had black?

Death Watch's two Viszlas both used the black saber, which was called Darksaber (no relation to the improved version of the Death Star, called Darksaber, in Kevin Anderson's book, also called Darksaber).

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 January 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't the Mandalorian Death Watch blades metal with a black energy field, as opposed to actual 'light'?

Or put a different way, they weren't made by Jedi for Jedi, so they aren't 'lighsabers'.

#46 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Who had black?

Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't the Mandalorian Death Watch blades metal with a black energy field, as opposed to actual 'light'?

Or put a different way, they weren't made by Jedi for Jedi, so they aren't 'lighsabers'.

It's a lightsaber. http://starwars.wiki...28lightsaber%29
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#47 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 January 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 14 January 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Who had black?

It's a lightsaber. http://starwars.wiki...28lightsaber%29

oh, ok i see, this is EU stuff, not CLONE WARS as in the cartoon. Confusion mine.

#48 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Do you mean The New Yoda Chronicles? That's animated Lego Star Wars. There's like 6 episodes. It's for kids, but there's some sly humor and tons of references for adults. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them, but if you have kids they'll enjoy.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#49 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 February 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

QT your Fulcrum person is almost certainly a woman. The voice sounds female to me even with distortion. We got a holo shot this week.

Yeah, I haven't watched that ep yet (I'm a week behind), but I heard that her hologram is clearly a woman :veryangry: I cross my fingers in hope that it's Ahsoka.

EDIT: Apparently studious fans have already all but confirmed that Fulcrum is Ahsoka, but two new pieces of info make it an even more solid case....though it's now been taken down, a french site intitally had up a cast list for voice actors on the finale and Ashley Eckstein's French counterpart for Ahsoka's voice was up listed (and translated in English as) "Ahsoka in Disguise as Fulcrum"...and then there is the piece of art from Celebration Star Wars event this year which has multople characters from the OT and REBELS in it at Mos Eisley....but the prelim art had a bantha and tusken raider which have been mysteriously removed from the final piece...in their place? A Togruta of familiar colours with her body turned away from us, but her face showing...and it looks an AWFUL lot like a grown up Ahsoka.

Image spoilered for size.

Spoiler

but guys...here is the trailer for the last ep of the first season. And HOLY shit, this is how you do a TV finale trailer.

Cannot wait! Also, Kanan is being held on Mustafar?! That's effing hype...and you just KNOW that Vader has some involvement in why a captured Jedi might be brought to the place of his own fall to the dark side.

I think once the new ep uploads to my itunes acct, I'll rewatch the entire season before the finale.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

#50 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

The duel between Ezra/Kanan and The Inquisitor was a lot of fun. It was well plotted and well animated. And Kanan's finishing move was so meta, especially considering all that recent talk about the crossguards in the movie teaser.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 03 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

#51 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

Finale wins, this show locks me down hard for S2.

Holy. FuckForce.

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

Finally got to sit down and watch the finale!

Spoiler

Absolutely brilliant finale, and now I can't wait till next season!

Disney-fied Star Wars knocks their first effort out of the park as far as I'm concerned.

I got the entirety of THE CLONE WARS on BluRay for my bday, so I think I'll rewatch that in anticipation.

#53 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 09 March 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Idk how long Togurtas live but it wouldn't surprise me to see her in one of the movies

Indeed, seeing her show up in TFA and helping Old Luke would not surprise me.

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Yea. Like it would be standard SW hash for her and Vader to clash sabers with her going out but it would make cool circle for that not to happen and her become a Jedi again in Luke's era.

Ofcoruse we need more Maul in the movies again as well.

Agreed. And Ahsoka would be a great connective tissue from trilogy to trilogy. I would also be okay with Ezra surviving and just being in hiding during the OT (When Ben and Yoda talk of the "last" Jedi) and show up as an adult (he's the same age as Luke in TFA as he was also born the day the Empire was born).

And the Maul thing is the reason that I LOVE that THE CLONE WARS brought him back and gave him metal legs...because it means he might have a shot at showing back up too.

Either way, connective tissue from the prequel era to the OT era and beyond is only going to be a good thing.

And who better to teach/show Luke how to establish and run a Jedi Order than one of the people who saw the merits AND flaws of the original Order than Ahsoka.

#55 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

we're

SPOILERS LIVE

here people, you are warned....

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 March 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

Finally got to sit down and watch the finale!

Spoiler

Absolutely brilliant finale, and now I can't wait till next season!

Disney-fied Star Wars knocks their first effort out of the park as far as I'm concerned.

I got the entirety of THE CLONE WARS on BluRay for my bday, so I think I'll rewatch that in anticipation.

I've been expecting Asohka since they introduced Fulcrum, so the pay off was nice. Liked that they didn't all freak out and go 'oooh god it's YOU!'... more like she just save their asses but they have no idea who she is.

The Ezra/Kanan v Inquisitor fight was SO good. From the first seconds where Kanan borrows Ezra's gunsabre and USES IT LIKE A GUN, which utterly catches Inq by surprise, thru the rest of it up to the - wholly agreeing with you QT - end. If i were going to nitpick, the 'slo-mo' effect of Kanan's striking through the gaps in Inq's spinsabre needed a blur or something because it looked too much like Inq just stood there looking stupidly at his impending death. There were so many neat little shoutbacks in this fight to Kenobi and Qi Gon v Maul in TPM.

The rest of the cast had some nice moments to shine. Sabine punking the troopers at the beginning and her paintjob on the tie, Hera piloting it, Chopper bringing in the cavalry...

...and even tho i expected it, the Ghost jumping in followed by a bunch of Rebel corvettes was DAMN cool.

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 March 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 10 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Yea. Like it would be standard SW hash for her and Vader to clash sabers with her going out but it would make cool circle for that not to happen and her become a Jedi again in Luke's era.

Ofcoruse we need more Maul in the movies again as well.

Agreed. And Ahsoka would be a great connective tissue from trilogy to trilogy. I would also be okay with Ezra surviving and just being in hiding during the OT (When Ben and Yoda talk of the "last" Jedi) and show up as an adult (he's the same age as Luke in TFA as he was also born the day the Empire was born).

And the Maul thing is the reason that I LOVE that THE CLONE WARS brought him back and gave him metal legs...because it means he might have a shot at showing back up too.

I have mixed feelings about the Maul return... he was way cooler in AotC with a minimum of dialogue... WARS turned him into a near raving lunatic who mostly beat up on smugglers and his little brother. I was fine with the metal legs and so on, but the execution of his subplot was less than it could have been. He was apprentice to the Emperor, the Sith who effectively toook over the known universe, and his glorious Master Plan was to beat up criminals til they called him boss. Meh. Palpatine taking him and Savage on was really the only part about it i truly thought was great.

I'm not terribly wound up in Asohka, Kanan or Ezra's ultimate fates pre ANH... that's years away and it's a big universe (far far away...).

#56 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

We're only 4-5 years before ANH though...so anything is possible

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

BK, wookipedia has Togruta lifespans at about 95-100 years old. Ahsoka was born 36 years BBY (meaning she's about 31 during her REBELS appearance)...means she's about 15 years older than Luke. If alive, she'd be about 75 in TFA a era....a total possibility as an elderly Jedi.

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Yup.

I'm not going to expect her to show up or anything, but she totally could and that would be a sweet connection not only for Luke ("I was your father apprentice before the Dark Times, he was a good man then") but for the Jedi to come.

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Here is the 3rd part of an interview with Dave Filoni speaking on the whole season of REBELS...but man when he gets to talking about Vader...he just gets it. Without reservation, the man understands who Vader is post-ROTS.

http://www.starwars....s-rebels-part-3

As long as the animated shows are in this guys hands, I'll be more than happy.

#60 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

Tangentially related:

I picked up issue #1 of the Greg Weisman-penned comic STAR WARS: KANAN THE LAST PADAWAN which details the life of our resident REBELS Jedi from late Clone Wars/Order 66 onwards.

It's actually a really fine first issue. Caleb Dume (Kanan's real name) and his Master Deepa Bilaba are subduing a Separatist general on a planet. There are multiple scenes of matser and apprentice doing Kata together with their lightsabers (it's VERY martial arts on tone; Kendo)...but two things really stand out well. One: Kanan is barely out of the Temple and this appears to be his first real off-world mission with his Master...which makes point Two so rough: The two Clone troopers get the call from Palpatine on the last page, "It is time, execute Order 66". So Bilaba looks to get iced in the opening of issue 2, and Kanan will be on his own on an occupied world at the age of what looks like 14 or 15.

The fact that this is all canon makes this REALLY enjoyable for me.

Sidebar, in the PRINCESS LEIA comic that takes place right after ANH...there is a panel showing a stained glass window on Naboo depicting Queen Amidala (in her red queen garb from TPM), which Leia pauses to look at. It was a really small moment, but my brain went "Oh yeah, she mentions in ROTJ that she remembers her mother only in images really." Whether she knows that is her mother at this point is not known, but I like to think Bail would have told her who Padme had been prior to joining the senate.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users