• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Rebels / Resistance

#81 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

Full trailer!

WOOT WOOT!

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#82 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 October 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

I like the white blades. I don't like seeing B Wings 15-20 yrs ahead of time.

I think you gotta let that one go man. Lol!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#83 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

your children are called Jaina and Jace?

And I feel your gripe about the B-Wing. Easily my favourite Star Wars fighter! But I agree with QT, we might have to let that one go.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#84 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:57 AM

Finally caught up with this. Well, just finished the Siege of Lothal - great stuff, always good to see more Vader. (although I wish they'd modelled his head more on the real thing, and not elongated his jaw/raised brows quite so much)

The show has really grown on me - many nods to the original trilogy, with added Firefly team dynamics. It makes a change to be liking the SW universe once again - go, Disney.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#85 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

so i randomly found out about this show, watched the siege of lothal, was very good. Is it worth it to watch season 1? It's not exactly a complicated show so its not like i'd have to rewatch it for plot reasons

#86 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

I watched the first episode and fund it bland and formulaic. Left it for about a year until I had a sunday with an extra helping of hangover and a powerful need to watch something light and colourful. Que trying out the show again, and a few episodes further in I realised it had grown on me. I've watched the whole season and the siege of lothal, and I must admit it's a fun show.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#87 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

This season's started off pretty good so far! The first episode was fun, though the part where Rex confronted Wolf about his betrayal and made him change his mind so quickly felt very rushed. Everybody just forgave him instantly as if it was no big deal. Also, I thought Kanan's antagonistic attitude toward the clones, while understandable, seems a little close-minded for him.

I'm watching the second episode now. I'm really enjoying the clones' nonchalance when in combat. It really hammers home just how comfortable they are when at war (see Rex's line later in the episode, "We're soldiers, Ezra. This is what we were born to do."). I feel like if this show were aimed at an audience a little older, it could really explore that theme. The clones making jokes about the AT-ATs was pretty funny, and seeing the AT-ATs and the AT-TE next to each other really highlights how unwieldy the AT-ATs are. Kanan telling Ezra to ignore the targeting computer and trust himself was a nice Death Star trench run throwback. The new Inquisitor looks cool.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 23 October 2015 - 04:17 AM

#88 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

Some weird backdoor shenanigans with Disney XD in Canada (bought by Corus Entertainment a week or two back) have basically caused this season to not run here in Canada. It's not available on iTunes in Canada yet either. It's pretty damned frustrating to be honest. I paid for a seasons pass on iTunes for S1...and all I want is the same this year. I'm willing to pay for that content...but I can't get it because of some corporate bollocks going on. Ugh. Fucking irritating.

#89 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 October 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

Some weird backdoor shenanigans with Disney XD in Canada (bought by Corus Entertainment a week or two back) have basically caused this season to not run here in Canada. It's not available on iTunes in Canada yet either. It's pretty damned frustrating to be honest. I paid for a seasons pass on iTunes for S1...and all I want is the same this year. I'm willing to pay for that content...but I can't get it because of some corporate bollocks going on. Ugh. Fucking irritating.

I was just about to post asking you specifically when it was on because i couldn't find the new eps.

Am massively annoyed, esp with all the great buzz around the first two eps.

It will get here eventually, or else, well, there's always the internet.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#90 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 October 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 October 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

I was just about to post asking you specifically when it was on because i couldn't find the new eps.

Am massively annoyed, esp with all the great buzz around the first two eps.

It will get here eventually, or else, well, there's always the internet.

Yeah, Disney XD is becoming CHRGD (or some shit) in November and REBELS isn't on their sched so far...If I have to wait till 2016 or some bollocks, I'll be PISSED...and yes at that point there is always the internet.

#91 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:05 PM

I've seen the ep where they first find the clones - it's listed as ep3 though. Did the Siege of Lothal count as the first two eps of season two, or have I missed one?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#92 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Good episode, I loved the AT-AT's in the sandstorm.

I'm watching season one of Clones in between new Rebels episodes, and in the latest one I watched they introduced the Clone soldiers that have just shown up in Rebels as grizzled war vets. It's good watching them side by side - I'm already picking up on links I might have forgotten by now if I'd watched Clones first time round.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

#93 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:55 AM

One gripe I have with this show is that so many of the new characters are humanoid and bipedal (e.g. the two inquisitors). Considering that it's an animated show, I'd think they would have fun creating some cool alien species...

Still, this episode — where they go to the old republic station — is fun so far.

#94 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

Abyss, and other Canadians who watch. Apparently S2 debuts on November 7th....it's showing up in ppl' guides now for PVRing....so hopefully?

#95 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:23 AM

i get the feeling with more time they could've came up with a better way to hoodwink those sith. Like according to the lore, wouldn't the force let you know something was up

#96 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

Yes, the Inquisitors were a bit of a let down after the one in series one. When two showed up I thought they'd really had it.. and then they started down the incompetent Stormtrooper route, which is a shame as they negated the threat built up by the first one.

I liked the reappearance of the Medical Station; I just saw that a few eps back in Clones in all it's glory, then here it is again, all dilapidated.

I'm liking the way the stuff from the Clone Wars era is so much more advanced; the Jedi are common and deadly, but by Rebels it's looking degraded, the Jedi are rare, and much of the good stuff has disappeared by Ep4.

And, by the look of it, even the Jedi are nothing but history by the start of Ep7.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

#97 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

Posted Image

lololololololololololololololololololololol

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 07 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

#98 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 07 November 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

lololololololololololololololololololololol

broken link :p cannot view!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#99 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:25 PM

So the first episode JUST aired in Canada on Saturday...and I found out it was part 1 of a 2 parter! ARG!

Anyways, good to be back...pissed that Canada is what....like 5 episodes behind the rest of you?

#100 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 November 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

So the first episode JUST aired in Canada on Saturday...and I found out it was part 1 of a 2 parter! ARG!

Anyways, good to be back...pissed that Canada is what....like 5 episodes behind the rest of you?

Heh. Makes a change to be this way round for once!

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users