Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#601 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:45 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 March 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

I got my tickets for £50 a pop in London, Macros ;) but yes you should watch it, it's amazing!

I'm firmly in this camp. I only tried it because it was available on Disney+ originally and loved it, to my surprise. You just have to accept The Room Where it Happens will be in your head for at least a month.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#602 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:16 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 26 March 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 March 2021 - 01:56 PM, said:

I got my tickets for £50 a pop in London, Macros ;) but yes you should watch it, it's amazing!

I'm firmly in this camp. I only tried it because it was available on Disney+ originally and loved it, to my surprise. You just have to accept The Room Where it Happens will be in your head for at least a month.

Book of Mormon is what you need to watch, that show is amazing, I've got tickets to go see it a second time but it keeps getting pushed back with covid.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#603 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:04 PM

I loved Book of Mormon too. Saw it live and loved every minute of it, but at the same time I have no real interest in seeing it again. Whereas Hamilton I've seen multiple times.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#604 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 26 March 2021 - 05:24 PM

I got to see the Book of Mormon musical live with a friend who's actually Mormon (she enjoyed it, though also kept nitpicking the musical's simplified/exaggerated jokes about Mormonism) ^_^

And then an entirely different friend who isn't Mormon got super offended by it

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#605 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:32 AM

Have seen Mormon live, awesome.

My only concern with Hamilton is not knowing an awful lot about the founding fathers, American history, will that impact enjoyment?

Any enough side tracking.

We caught the first two EPs of Falcon and Winter soldier last night.

Enjoyable, not as grabbing at Wandavision, very much more in line with the Netflix shows but far more intertwined with the MCU, which I expected.

I figure they will politely slide the Netflix and agents of shield shows under the rug a bit as they got too big (especially AoS) events wise to be brushed off and ignored in MCU canon

#606 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

View PostMacros, on 27 March 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

Have seen Mormon live, awesome.

My only concern with Hamilton is not knowing an awful lot about the founding fathers, American history, will that impact enjoyment?

I doubt it.

Most Americans don’t know American history.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#607 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 March 2021 - 03:52 PM

The less you know of American history, the more you'll enjoy Hamilton the musical.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#608 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:25 PM

View PostMacros, on 27 March 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

Any enough side tracking.

We caught the first two EPs of Falcon and Winter soldier last night.

Enjoyable, not as grabbing at Wandavision, very much more in line with the Netflix shows but far more intertwined with the MCU, which I expected.

I figure they will politely slide the Netflix and agents of shield shows under the rug a bit as they got too big (especially AoS) events wise to be brushed off and ignored in MCU canon

Fun fact: the guy who plays John Walker (new Cap/US Agent) is Wyatt Russell. Son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. This means that I grew up in summers as a kid on the same bay of the same lake (Lake Rosseau) as him in Muskoka. When we were kids and my dad drove the boat out of the bay on the far side from our cottage, we passed Kurt and Goldies place, and I often saw a young girl near my age (likely Kate Hudson) and a younger boy (probably Wyatt) on their dock.

So yeah, the guy who plays the character no one likes on the show...was a kid in my summer neighborhood. Crazy coincidence.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 March 2021 - 04:27 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#609 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:06 PM

I read the wiki page for Hamilton (person not the show) before watching the musical. Think it gave me everything I needed. I enjoyed it. I’m hoping we will see more shows get this treatment. I was never gonna pay 200 dolllars for / 2 hour.

Similarly I saw Mormon live, for a decent price around 40 dollars. Loved it but wish I could see it again.

#610 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:21 PM

View Postamphibian, on 27 March 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

The less you know of American history, the more you'll enjoy Hamilton the musical.

You mean Hercules Mulligan WASN'T a 6 ft 3 cool looking black dude?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#611 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:41 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 March 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 27 March 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

You mean Hercules Mulligan WASN'T a 6 ft 3 cool looking black dude?

That is my American history canon, and there's nothing historians can do to change my mind.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#612 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 April 2021 - 10:19 PM

Wanda vision managed to escape it

But falcon and winter soldier just feels like low budget b grade tv show. More agents of Sheild as opposed to a miniature mcu story. Episode 3 elect me bored.

#613 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 April 2021 - 03:29 AM

Ep 4 was quite a bit better, but not perfect by any means. It's more or less feeling like some very good performances in a fairly sloppy show that keeps swinging from interesting and engaging (it definitely is tackling some weighty subjects) to choppy and slapdash. But Stan, Russell, and the guest stars I won't name were all really great.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#614 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:03 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 27 March 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

Fun fact: the guy who plays John Walker (new Cap/US Agent) is Wyatt Russell. Son of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. This means that I grew up in summers as a kid on the same bay of the same lake (Lake Rosseau) as him in Muskoka. When we were kids and my dad drove the boat out of the bay on the far side from our cottage, we passed Kurt and Goldies place, and I often saw a young girl near my age (likely Kate Hudson) and a younger boy (probably Wyatt) on their dock.

So yeah, the guy who plays the character no one likes on the show...was a kid in my summer neighborhood. Crazy coincidence.

Way to downplay growing up next door to Captain America QT.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#615 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 11 April 2021 - 10:04 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 March 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

I loved Book of Mormon too. Saw it live and loved every minute of it, but at the same time I have no real interest in seeing it again. Whereas Hamilton I've seen multiple times.

I can understand not wanting to see it again, part of the fun of it is the surprise that comes with the songs so knowing what is coming won't give you that same impact.

With regards to Hamilton, not sure if I really fancing watching it though I do not really know too much about it.

View PostD, on 26 March 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

I got to see the Book of Mormon musical live with a friend who's actually Mormon (she enjoyed it, though also kept nitpicking the musical's simplified/exaggerated jokes about Mormonism) ^_^

Anyone that goes to watch anything by Trey and Matt and then gets offended needs to be shot, I mean come on, what do they really expect.

-----------

On topic, I finally caught Wandavision and binged that yesterday, I thought the first 3 eps were pretty boring but it really picked up after that and I enjoyed it. Some good teasers for what is to come,

The Scarlet Witch having chaos magic makes her belong in the Malazan universe not Marvel.

I am going to wait again until Falcon/Winter Soldier is finished before watching that, I prefer to binge.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#616 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:19 AM

View Postchamp, on 11 April 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 26 March 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

I can understand not wanting to see it again, part of the fun of it is the surprise that comes with the songs so knowing what is coming won't give you that same impact.

With regards to Hamilton, not sure if I really fancing watching it though I do not really know too much about it.

View PostD, on 26 March 2021 - 05:24 PM, said:

Anyone that goes to watch anything by Trey and Matt and then gets offended needs to be shot, I mean come on, what do they really expect.

Saw BOOK OF MORMON in LA, loved it.
In the programme was a full page ad by the Mormon Church of Latter Day Saints with a picture of the actual book and the text: 'Liked the show? Read the book!'. Apparently they have a few variations of it - You've seen the show now read the book!' and 'The book is always better' - they pay to put in most runs.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#617 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:37 PM

I'm enjoying The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I disliked both characters in the movies. They were one dimensional where we got told what to think about them rather than built a rapport with them. I'm 3 episodes in and it's making me chuckle and the characters are likeable. The baddies and the plot are a bit thin but the buddy cop movie angle has me interested enough. I think they might be good pals by the end of this.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#618 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:50 PM

Counterpoint.

They become lovers and it all goes wrong when Winters arm spasms into a death grip

#619 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:11 PM

I think I'd still watch that.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#620 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:01 AM

You know Bucky spent years on ice, right? What do you think he did first thing every time he was thawed?

A slight vibranium spasm may be why he was so angry for so long.

Counter-counterpoint: Shuri is da bomb with vibranium, right? And vibranium has amazing properties including weird reactions to kinetic energy. Think about it ...
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users