Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#361 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

View PostD, on 29 March 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

What, is it weird to just get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the movie in all of your cities? It's pretty ordinary here.

I mean, people obviously do, but... you're getting up to go pee in the middle of the movie. And given you're most likely to have gone just before you went in it's usually gonna be somewhere towards the end of the movie.

(being one of the 'piss often' people, I've become an expert at timing my toilet break just for the turn of the second and third act where there's a bit of downtime. But that's not always possible)
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#362 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

That's why I video call with my friend and have them hold their phone (dim and low) facing the screen. While I'm peeing, I can still see what's going on in the film.

#363 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:44 AM

@SB
Do a decent workout beforehand and don't fully hydrate after.
Some days here when doing PT in the morning and it's 80-90+% humidity I don't need to take a slash until well after I get home. And I've been drinking litres and litres of water all day to try to recover! Even then sometimes it's still quite yellow.
You know it's a sticky day when it feels like you're trying to breathe underwater and the sweat is running off you like you're in a shower ... and you haven't even started PT yet.
Blerg ... so not going to miss this place when I leave.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 30 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#364 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

I really didnt thing when i made a joke about not missing any of the movie due to urination we'd have this in-depth of a discussion. Ha!

@tsundoku Thats good advice, might try that.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#365 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 29 March 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

What, is it weird to just get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the movie in all of your cities? It's pretty ordinary here.

I mean, people obviously do, but... you're getting up to go pee in the middle of the movie. And given you're most likely to have gone just before you went in it's usually gonna be somewhere towards the end of the movie.

(being one of the 'piss often' people, I've become an expert at timing my toilet break just for the turn of the second and third act where there's a bit of downtime. But that's not always possible)

We all know there will be some irrelevant china-pander scene in the middle somewhere. Just go during that!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#366 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

All panders are Chinese, innit?

Saw CM. Liked it! More of a buddy movie than I expected, but a good one. Didn't break the MCU mold plot-wise, and the final fight wasn't lit very well, but it was pretty charming in all the character moments -- and it had a way more anti-war/pro-refugee message than you'd expect from all the USAF ties in the movie and the marketing.

This post has been edited by worry: 31 March 2019 - 02:49 AM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#367 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkk HNNNNNNNNRGGGGGGGGGGGG

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#368 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostD, on 30 March 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 29 March 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

We all know there will be some irrelevant china-pander scene in the middle somewhere. Just go during that!

Here you go....

http://runpee.com/
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#369 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

2 hours so far trying to get advanced tickets...every site across North America is reportedly crashing under the weight...

EDIT: SUCCESS! 2hours later...perseverance and waiting patiently for each page to load...got my tickets for the 25th.

I don't know if I've ever been this excited for a movie before!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#370 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

Interesting. I was just coming here to say that I am excited for the movie, I will go see it. I know its out this month but I don't feel hyped. Its a marvel film, it was always coming, its nearly here.

#371 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 April 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

2 hours so far trying to get advanced tickets...every site across North America is reportedly crashing under the weight...

EDIT: SUCCESS! 2hours later...perseverance and waiting patiently for each page to load...got my tickets for the 25th.

You know, it's actually OK to go the next day.

Or even the next week.

Just saying.

Or you could be like me these days and wait for it to come to DVD. Because $$$.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 05 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#372 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 05 April 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 April 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

You know, it's actually OK to go the next day.

Or even the next week.

Just saying.

Or you could be like me these days and wait for it to come to DVD. Because $$$.

I go to the theatre so very little these days, that a new MCU movie is warrant of excitement and advanced ticket sales. :)

#373 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

I watched IW in my living room and it was still fucking awesome.

70/30 the same with Endgame.

#374 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

Yep. I can wait til I can download it for £4 on the PlayStation store. I can get my own popcorn and drinks without mortgaging the house again. I can sit on my own sofa and put my feet up. I won't have a bunch of chavs a little way in front of me talking and messing on their phones throughout.

Much more enjoyable experience tbh.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#375 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:00 AM

Mortgaging the house? How much does going to the theatre cost over there?!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#376 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

All the dead bodies have devalued his house immeasurably

#377 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

Google "Thanos", then click on the gauntlet on the right.

No spoilers, jut cool.

#378 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Pretty cool

#379 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostD, on 06 April 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Mortgaging the house? How much does going to the theatre cost over there?!

The actual cost of the cinema in the UK isn't too bad, between £9 and £14 depending on whether it's 2D or 3D, if you're getting premier seating or not (more for IMAX, of course). It's the cost of the food and drink. I bought nachos with one extra dip, a medium Coke and some chocolate and it came to like £18, which is insane (you could buy all that in the supermarket for under £5). My own fault for not gearing up in another shop beforehand, but I was running late and they've cut the pre-movie adverts right down for this film so you don't have as much wriggle room.

I found going to the loo immediately before the film started and then not touching the drink until the last hour of the film worked splendidly.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#380 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

I've never understood the big deal about presale tickets for the big blockbuster movies: I just bought tickets last night for a showing tonight. (Maybe it doesn't hurt that our theater has a showing every 45 minutes?) And I dunno why, but our local AMC has been dirt cheap the last couple times we've been there: Friday night tickets for $6, kids for $4. $23 after taxes for the family and we had a $25 gift card, woo!
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users