Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#341 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

Eh

Not really, the signal wasn't sent for her to deny. She said an emergency, New York was a fucking emergency.

#342 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 10 March 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

In terms of Infinity War, it could be argued that Fury didn't really know what was going on, at least not the full extent of the situation. After all, the donut did leave New York.

But she could certainly have been useful during the whole Ultron affair. Or even the first Avenger movie. So yeah...You've got a point there.

Those problems had solutions (the Avengers) on hand. It also takes time - days from the look of it - for her to show up, whilst the Ultron and New York threats had to be dealt with immediately. Fury panicked and called in Danvers because he didn't know what the hell was going on at the end of IW.

It would be more amusing if, after he is near-inevitably resurrected at the end of Endgame, he sheepishly admits he left the tracker thing at home during those two incidents.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#343 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

Watched Captain Marvel yesterday - loved it. Straight into the top five or so for me. Really enjoyed the girl power vibe that was handled gently without needing to sledgehammer it in. Brie Larson does a fantastic job, and her and Samuel L Jackson's interactions were excellent. Thought Jude Law did a great job too.

Just not to spoil for people:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 10 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#344 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostMacros, on 10 March 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Watched Cap Marvel last night.
It brought the comedy nearly as well as Ragnarok, and a solid marvel film, not top I don't think for me personally but top ten anyway.
Larson and Jackson had great chemistry.

I'd say Larson drops snark into conversation better than most anyone else in the universe so far.

But seeing her power, it's begs the question, why leave it so long to call her in???

In terms of Infinity War, it could be argued that Fury didn't really know what was going on, at least not the full extent of the situation. After all, the donut did leave New York.

But she could certainly have been useful during the whole Ultron affair. Or even the first Avenger movie. So yeah...You've got a point there.

According to Kevin Feige:

Peter: I have my nitpicky question I gotta ask you.

Kevin Feige: I’m ready.

Peter: And I know you probably have an answer for this. Why didn’t Nick Fury not use the pager until Infinity War? Because this big hole opened up in the sky and aliens attacked New York City.

Kevin Feige: Well, I’d say two things. One, she does say it’s gotta be a real emergency, right? Yeah.

Peter: Because that was just a city. I guess that’s not the world.

Kevin Feige: The other thing I’d say is how do you know he never hit it? How do we know he never pushed it before? We’ve never seen him push it before. That doesn’t mean he never did.

Peter: Good answer.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#345 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 March 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 10 March 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Watched Cap Marvel last night.
It brought the comedy nearly as well as Ragnarok, and a solid marvel film, not top I don't think for me personally but top ten anyway.
Larson and Jackson had great chemistry.

I'd say Larson drops snark into conversation better than most anyone else in the universe so far.

But seeing her power, it's begs the question, why leave it so long to call her in???

According to Kevin Feige:

Peter: I have my nitpicky question I gotta ask you.

Kevin Feige: I’m ready.

Peter: And I know you probably have an answer for this. Why didn’t Nick Fury not use the pager until Infinity War? Because this big hole opened up in the sky and aliens attacked New York City.

Kevin Feige: Well, I’d say two things. One, she does say it’s gotta be a real emergency, right? Yeah.

Peter: Because that was just a city. I guess that’s not the world.

Kevin Feige: The other thing I’d say is how do you know he never hit it? How do we know he never pushed it before? We’ve never seen him push it before. That doesn’t mean he never did.

Peter: Good answer.

Not a good answer, Fury doesn't know what he is seeing is affecting anything outside of NY when he calls her either. Or does he? I seem to recall he was pretty out of the loop and was shocked when people started turning to ash, but he doenst yet know its half the population of the world.

Ultron was a planetary exctinction event, shield was crippled at the time.

#346 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Meh? Meh.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#347 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

I saw Captain Marvel today. Birthday treat of being alone and not working in the day time! I enjoyed it. Like RTB said, I liked how the girl power thing was just part of the scenery....apart from the cute kid, she was nearly too much. The soundtrack reminded me of being a teenager, loved it. It was a bit dull at the end though. She was soooo powered up. Nick Fury has bugged me in most of the other films so this was refreshing, he was properly cool and the younging CGI was seamless to me.

Nowhere near Ragnarok in the league table for me.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#348 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:17 PM

Holy fucking shit. This just dropped out of the blue! (sidebar: it won't embed)

But AVENGERS: ENDGAME trailer

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

#349 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

Holy fucking shit, Disney reinstated James Gunn for the director job on GOTG3!

#350 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 March 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Holy fucking shit, Disney reinstated James Gunn for the director job on GOTG3!

About time, too.
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#351 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

I found captain marvel. Lacking in suspense and tension and pretty boring

#352 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

I saw Captain Marvel with the fam last night, and found it to be not without its problems, but on the whole just a ton of fun.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#353 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

Run time for Endgame...3 hours 2 minutes.

No liquid the entire day!

Or a catheter...
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#354 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Or...a reasonably-sized bladder?
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"

#355 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 27 March 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

I have the bladder of an infant....

#356 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 27 March 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

That's not something people can install on the day, you realise.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#357 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• View gallery

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:46 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 27 March 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I know. But it's just so bizarre to me seeing so many people saying, "I can't go three hours without peeing!"

#358 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostSalt-Man Z, on 29 March 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 27 March 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

I know. But it's just so bizarre to me seeing so many people saying, "I can't go three hours without peeing!"

I mean, you're not supposed to go that long. The average (male anyways) relieves themselves 7 times a day, which on an average day works out to about every 2 hours and change. Not doing so can stretch your bladder and weaken the urinary tract muscles. Add in the fact that most people have a drink at the movies, this would be worse. Three hours is not undoable, but it's not exactly comfortable either.

#359 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

I drink a hell of a lot of water and coffee throughout the day. I usually drink a large water with my popcorn at the theater. I dont want to have to get up during the movie, hence the precautionary steps beforehand.

#360 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

What, is it weird to just get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the movie in all of your cities? It's pretty ordinary here.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users