• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Flash

#21 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

Felicity Smoak could sit on a chair eating a piece of cardboard and she'd be more interesting than Iris is.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#22 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostBlend, on 31 October 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Felicity Smoak could sit on a chair eating a piece of cardboard and she'd be more interesting than Iris is.

Yuuuuup.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

I think the thing that makes this show so enjoyable for me...is that for the time being it's very much rooted in the "villain of the week" milieu...but I find that I don't care because Grant Gustin is SO fun to watch as Barry, the guy playing his adoptive father is great as well...even Iris is KINDA growing on me. Harrison's secrecy and the tail end of each ep contributing to an overall arc about the whole time travel thing ect. It all slots together to make for a very enjoyable hour of TV...even though its, as I said, villain of the week.

Great things about this weeks ep:

1. Harrison commenting on the villain being able to make himself metal..."oh, a man of steel?"...with a fucking twinkle in his eye...something that I know is there because HE COMES FROM THE FUTURE AND KNOWS ABOUT SUPERMAN!!! That was super cool moment and nod to fans.

2. Obviously, the fact that it only took a few episodes to go from proto-name of "The Streak" to now being referred to as The Flash is cool as hell.

3. Barry Allen 5 mile long Super Punch....was...fucking...phenomenal!

4. Reverse Flash cameo again...and this time I think it's timed to imply that it's Harrison (G) Wells (H.G. Wells...amusing he chose the name of a time traveler as a fake name) who is the baddie. Not sure if that's too easy or not...

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 November 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

I think the thing that makes this show so enjoyable for me...is that for the time being it's very much rooted in the "villain of the week" milieu...but I find that I don't care because Grant Gustin is SO fun to watch as Barry, the guy playing his adoptive father is great as well...even Iris is KINDA growing on me. Harrison's secrecy and the tail end of each ep contributing to an overall arc about the whole time travel thing ect. It all slots together to make for a very enjoyable hour of TV...even though its, as I said, villain of the week.

Great things about this weeks ep:

1. Harrison commenting on the villain being able to make himself metal..."oh, a man of steel?"...with a fucking twinkle in his eye...something that I know is there because HE COMES FROM THE FUTURE AND KNOWS ABOUT SUPERMAN!!! That was super cool moment and nod to fans.

2. Obviously, the fact that it only took a few episodes to go from proto-name of "The Streak" to now being referred to as The Flash is cool as hell.

4. Reverse Flash cameo again...and this time I think it's timed to imply that it's Harrison (G) Wells (H.G. Wells...amusing he chose the name of a time traveler as a fake name) who is the baddie. Not sure if that's too easy or not...

I'd be somewhat weary of just assuming that it's going to follow the story. The same people who made Arrow made this, and from what I can tell, Arrow strayed pretty wildly from the comics, so just because Wells was a time traveller in the comics doesn't necessarily mean that he will be in this show.

That being said, you're PROBABLY right. But it just seems too easy to me. Like, we've known since episode 1 that there was something not right about Wells - if it turns out that there's no awesome twist I'm going to be disappointed.

Also, I'm surprised not to see anything from you folk about the fact that Wells was talking to Grodd last week.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostBlend, on 19 November 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'd be somewhat weary of just assuming that it's going to follow the story. The same people who made Arrow made this, and from what I can tell, Arrow strayed pretty wildly from the comics, so just because Wells was a time traveller in the comics doesn't necessarily mean that he will be in this show.

Wells doesn't exist in the comics. I'm saying he's a time traveler because he has a secret room with things from the future, his past is murky/hyperbole prior to Barry's mom dying, and he's intent on "creating the Flash". I think it's safe to assume he's either a time traveler or has access to the future.

That being said, you're PROBABLY right. But it just seems too easy to me. Like, we've known since episode 1 that there was something not right about Wells - if it turns out that there's no awesome twist I'm going to be disappointed.

The person who is the Reverse Flash (the yellow villain guy) is actually is possibly in the show already...his real name...and he ain't Wells (unless Wells is a future version or relative). Which is what throws me. I'm not sure WHO is the Reverse Flash at this point. Even though I know who he is in the comics.

Also, I'm surprised not to see anything from you folk about the fact that Wells was talking to Grodd last week.

That was super awesome. I can't wait for Grodd to debut...but since this season is focused on Barry's Mom, at a guess these are teasers for what happens in an eventual season 2.

#26 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Wells doesn't exist in the comics. I'm saying he's a time traveler because he has a secret room with things from the future, his past is murky/hyperbole prior to Barry's mom dying, and he's intent on "creating the Flash". I think it's safe to assume he's either a time traveler or has access to the future.

The person who is the Reverse Flash (the yellow villain guy) is actually is possibly in the show already...his real name...and he ain't Wells (unless Wells is a future version or relative). Which is what throws me. I'm not sure WHO is the Reverse Flash at this point. Even though I know who he is in the comics.

That was super awesome. I can't wait for Grodd to debut...but since this season is focused on Barry's Mom, at a guess these are teasers for what happens in an eventual season 2.

Ah, sorry, my bad - from the conversations above, I assumed you all figured that Wells was going to be Reverse Flash, and that Reverse Flash was the one who time-travelled and blah blah blah.

I never noticed that Wells had anything that was obviously future stuff in his secret room.

But... It seems to me that Wells and what happened to Barry's mom are tied together somehow, and Reverse Flash was involved in that, and we know that Wells can walk (he got up from his wheelchair in like episode 2 or something)... It's all pointing us at Wells being the murderer of Barry's mom, which is why I don't trust it at all.

#27 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

In the first ep Wells has a digital newspaper from the future (2024) when the Flash goes missing amid the famed "Crisis".

I actually think that perhaps Wells IS Barry from the future. Having mastered the Speed force in 2024 he time travels through it to the past to attempt to stop the Reverse Flash from killing his mom, but only manages to whisk his kid-self away down the street before the RF kills Nancy Allen. Then he's somehow stuck, so he establishes himself a new identity in the past, settles down and makes sure that he becomes the Flash by building the Reactor thingie.

It's a theory.

But yeah, I dunno. Villain might be too easy for him. I'd guess a hero who is doing VERY gray area stuff to keep Barry safe.

According to Greg Berlanti we will deal with the time travel stuff in December and definitely the Barry's mom / Wells stuff this season. And that Grodd will continue to be "teased" but that we might not see him fully this season as a villain. (from an article at io9 this morning I read)

#28 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 November 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

In the first ep Wells has a digital newspaper from the future (2024) when the Flash goes missing amid the famed "Crisis".

I actually think that perhaps Wells IS Barry from the future. Having mastered the Speed force in 2024 he time travels through it to the past to attempt to stop the Reverse Flash from killing his mom, but only manages to whisk his kid-self away down the street before the RF kills Nancy Allen. Then he's somehow stuck, so he establishes himself a new identity in the past, settles down and makes sure that he becomes the Flash by building the Reactor thingie.

It's a theory.

But yeah, I dunno. Villain might be too easy for him. I'd guess a hero who is doing VERY gray area stuff to keep Barry safe.

According to Greg Berlanti we will deal with the time travel stuff in December and definitely the Barry's mom / Wells stuff this season. And that Grodd will continue to be "teased" but that we might not see him fully this season as a villain. (from an article at io9 this morning I read)

I certainly thought of the idea that Wells might be Barry, but that would create a paradox loop, no? Like, Barry can't become The Flash unless he goes back in time when he's older to create himself? Am I Doctor Who-ing this too much?

#29 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 19 November 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 November 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

It's a theory.

I certainly thought of the idea that Wells might be Barry, but that would create a paradox loop, no? Like, Barry can't become The Flash unless he goes back in time when he's older to create himself? Am I Doctor Who-ing this too much?

I think...I think when it comes to the Speed Force it's malleable. Wibbly Wobbly timey wimey indeed.

#30 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

Whoa, the ARROW / FLASH crossover episode isn't a team-up episode!

They fight in it!!

So excited.

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

How on earth does Arrow fight the Flash? Is the Flash forced to fight blindfolded or with one leg tied behind his back?

#32 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

View PostApt, on 20 November 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

How on earth does Arrow fight the Flash? Is the Flash forced to fight blindfolded or with one leg tied behind his back?

I think that was Barry's point in the trailer.

That said, this is Batman VS Superman in TV land.

#33 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Totally fighting over felicity smoak.

#34 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

I'm a week behind, but I just watched Barry run up the side of a building six times in a row and it was The Best Thing Ever.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#35 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'm quite relieved about that! After a season or so of the Arrow being called 'The Vigilante' and God only knows how many years of 'The Red/Blue Blur' on Smallville, I don't think I could've handled him being called 'The Streak' for much longer :(

Word Posted Image

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 November 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Totally fighting over felicity smoak.

With a bit of luck they'll kill each other and then I can fill the gap. Which sounds ruder than I originally intended.

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

First half of the FLASH ARROW crossover was great! Really enjoyed all apsects of it. Diggle's incredulous freaking out of Barry's powers was a highlight...as was Felicity (as usual)...and the Easter egg of the woman who Ollie impregnated 10 years ago...oh you better believe he kid on the phone is named Connor (even if they didn't say it aloud).

#37 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

I really enjoyed it. I was worried that angry Barry would be a little over the top cheesy, but the actor did a pretty great job. I could see the rage slowly building, and it was extremely well done. I feel like the guy who plays Barry is a much better actor than the one who plays Arrow too.

#38 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 December 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

I feel like the guy who plays Barry is a much better actor than the one who plays Arrow too.

100% agreed. And apparently nicer in real life as well.

#39 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 December 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

I feel like the guy who plays Barry is a much better actor than the one who plays Arrow too.

What's that a reference to?

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 03 December 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 December 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

What's that a reference to?

My wife met Amell at a convention and he was being a dick to his fans, he was late, then on his phone the whole time, and she said "I really enjoy you on Arrow!" and his response was "Uh huh." and he was apparently just a jerk full stop. She was really excited to meet him, and she was so dejected afterwards by his behaviour that she can't watch ARROW (though she watched FLASH so she has had to see him a few times).

I then took this story to a friend who works in the TV/Film industry who said that this is not a new development nor abnormal for the actor.

I've heard in contrast that Grant Gustin is a super nice guy who everyone loves working with.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users